This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• Sometime tonight I'm probably going to forcibly change the server to a map with water (2fort, Minepit, whateves) so we can all get our entries into the "win some games" contest by lighting each other on fire and running into the water.
  • edited July 2011
    Fuck it, who needs sleep.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • on my way.
  • Okay, with an empty server at least a little bit of sleep sounds like a good idea now.
  • Empty server is empty.
  • Going in now, come on in!
  • I'm around just send me a message.
  • Going to get a headset tonight. Then, all shall perish. And by all shall perish, I mean, "Linkigi will etch the sound of bat-hits into my darkest nightmares forever."
  • I'll be back on in about an hour or so.
  • Ok..um, ive been away for some time with real life issues, so i may have missed it, but how do i join the Geeknights server?
  • Server name: Fortress Row Crew
    Password: scrymgay
    Somewhere in this thread there's the IP, but I'm too lazy to find it.
  • edited July 2011
    70.85.31.207 - IP address

-edit Just did my first few matches playing Payload. That was loads of fun.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on

• -edit Just did my first few matches playing Payload. That was loads of fun.
  • Sorry about the pun. I will go to the penalty box for 5 minutes now.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm waiting for a challenger... who is brave enough?

EDIT: C'mon girly men...
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I'll be on for a bit, if anyone wants to join me.
  • So, we're 2v1ing Vicious atm, and...winning about 30% of the time.
  • Sorry to drop out suddenly; realized I was pretty hungry during the map change. I'll rejoin later on in the evening after I get some food.
  • edited July 2011
    Just got done playing on a Minecraft payload map. I think Churba let me win that last one, even so it was fun.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I think Churba let me win that last one, even so it was fun.
    Nope, I just avoided going sniper because it felt a little cheap to just sit in one spot and keep popping you every time you got near the cart. You really upped your game for the second one. The turret idea you had in the first was good, but bad placement - in that situation, you want to put your turret somewhere where they can't take it from a distance, and force them to change to spy to get rid of it. Pyro is a hard class to play on that map against a lone opponent unless you have backup, because unless you get nice and close to kill them fast, they can just run back, jump in the water, grab health and get back to you, you need to go on the chase and force them away from the cart and keep them in the water, if you can. When you're up on the top there, you need to keep an eye or two in the back of your head, because the enemy can race down, portal up to the battlements, and hit you from behind.
  • I'm in now if anyone is interested. I'm so alone... :(
  • edited July 2011
    Coming in! Just got to DL the map.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • edited July 2011
    Joining in five.

Edit - Or not. Empty server.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • So, we're 2v1ing Vicious atm, and...winning about 30% of the time.
    Yeah, I guess you were winning about 1/3 of the time.
  • Joining in five.

Edit - Or not. Empty server.
    I think most of the US crowd is out celebrating independence day for the night.
  • We probably will be even more so tomorrow.
  • Sitting in the server, waiting for players, using the Steam browser to post.
  • I think most of the US crowd is out celebrating independence day for the night.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Independence day sounds pretty cool, I suspect it might even almost measure up to Australia day.
  • I am very drunk at at BBQ right now but when I make it home and if I don't pass out, I am so down to play Medic. Probably an hour or so.
  • I'm coming.