This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Hockey Thread

Comments

• Ovechkin only scored one goal though. Unfortunately it was the game winner.
    We'll get you tomorrow.
    Was it only one? I only watched the first two periods and saw the results on a video recap later. I could of swore they said two, oh well...
  • Another shutout by Biron and it's 1-1 :)
  • Wow, I am starting to think that either the Red Wings are not as strong as they are advertised, or the Predators are just underrated. Nashville tied the series yesterday after slipping two past Hasek within 32 seconds.
    This could really become interesting.
  • Never underestimate Nashville they have gotten reallly bad breaks in the past 3 years in the playoffs, I have a feeling the tide will turn in their favor.
  • All I can say is that my Bruins are down 3-1 and they should be up 3-1, they've been the better team the last 3 games. That fucking Kovalev and his diving is the only reason Montreal won the last game (PP goal). I hate the Montreal Canadiens more than you possibly imagine. They have been the dirtiest team in the league forever and they all of have horseshoes up their asses. There's very little chance that the Bruins will come back...so whomever Montreal plays in the next round...I'll be their biggest fan.
  • I haven't really seen it, but should Kovalev join the Olympics like Crosby should?
  • I haven't really seen it, but should Kovalev join the Olympics like Crosby should?
    Kovalev used to be a Ranger. I liked him a lot then. Now, it's sort of annoying he's on another team.
  • edited April 2008
    Well, Nashville sent Hasek to the bench. This starts to suspiciously look like Miracle on Ice with the favored red clad team replacing their goaltender when it stands 2-2.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited April 2008
    This happened at the last Albany River Rats game.

Like I said before, ice boxing.

Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Wow was that a game in Philadelphia last night. The first period was stunning. Goals, big saves, big hits, a fight, it had everything.
    My hat's off to Huet for some very fantastic saves, especially the diving save without his stick in the 3rd.
    Double overtime but Knuble chips it home. I love it.
  • Sorry for the double posting, but I just got aware of a cool site called nhltorrents.co.uk. As the name says, they offer torrents of full NHL games to people who can't get them on TV, for example europeans. Well, a man can't live on highlights alone. Unfortunately it's a bit strict there. The only clients they support are uTorrent and ABC and they watch your up/down ration which means that you have to seed too, but it's ok I guess.
  • Rym and I are sitting in a restaurant eating dinner before taking the train home. The hockey happens to be on. It's a little far away though, so I can't read all the numbers. I saw the Rangers were way ahead. That made me pretty happy. Right before we left the Devils scored to put the game at 4-3 Rangers. That's a bit troubling. When we got up to leave, we walked by the TV to see what was going on. I was very troubled to see it was the 2nd period, and not the 3rd.

Just now I checked, and we're going to the second round bitches! Pretty soon I'll almost be able to smell the polish on Lord Stanley's Cup. Seriously considering emptying my wallet for tickets to "The Gah-den".
  • Still in it baby!
  • I just watched the Boston game. Holy shit. Also, it is better for the Rangers if Boston wins, so yeah! I want every series in the East to go for as many games as possible to get all the other teams tired.
  • edited April 2008
    I was out all day yesterday, so I just finished watching the game. The Caps were better in the first two periods, I give them that, but the bad ice condition was also a major factor. At least the penalty killing was back in the third for most of the time. I also didn't get the goalie interference call against Upshall. He was pretty much shoved into Huet by Kozlov. I also hope Knuble is alright.

Anyways, tonight's going to be a great hockey night. Game six in the Flyers/Caps series in Philly (which I find to have much better stadium music than the phone booth does), and the deciding game between the Bruins and the Habs. I'm gonna watch both of them tomorrow morning.
  • The Caps won their game over the weekend too. GO DC!
  • The Caps won their game over the weekend too. GO DC!
    Srsly. Who doesn't love a face like this:
  • Game 7 at home baby!!!
  • Game 7 at home baby!!!
    I hope you win. I fucking hate the Flyers.
  • I hope you win. I fucking hate the Flyers.
    Well F.U.
    We'll take game 7 just like game 2.
  • LETS GO FLYERS LETS GO *clap clap clap*

We are in the next round!
  • edited April 2008
    OH FUCK YES! Joffrey Lupul is now my personal hero.
    Maybe I should just a prediction for every Flyers game in here. So far they they always won when I made a prediction (and yes, I know that this is only correlation).
  • OH FUCK YES! Joffrey Lupul is now my personal hero.
    Maybe I should just a prediction for every Flyers game in here. So far they they always won when I made a prediction (and yes, I know that this is only correlation).
    Can you please predict that they will sweep those dirty fuckers from Montreal.
  • I predict that Monreal is going down after they lose two at home and two in Philly.
  • The orange Crush will kick Canada's ass!
  • edited April 2008
    I'm listening to a radio station mirror of the Rangers/Penguins game. Does anyone know of a place I can watch the video online live?

EDIT: Game one, Penguins ftw.
    Post edited by Gunfire on
  • While I really would like it if the Rangers won, I don't expect them to. We just had the Giants win, so we can ride on that for a few years before we need another win.
  • edited April 2008
    Oh man, Martin Biron is just fucking amazing. I doubt anybody expected that he could play this well when he is in the clutch. This was an amazing game yesterday. I think the best was the opening goal of Umberger which had "STFU" written all over it, and the Habs fans had no choice but to obey.

I hope Philly can exploit Price's glove hand trouble even more in game 3. If they can do that and Marty keeps it up, they could easily steal the series.
  • edited April 2008
    Since apparently there are no Habs fans in this forum that I can feud with (hello Andrew, you were a worthy opponent), I keep entertaining myself with the thought that the Flyers will continue to win just by making Price's glove hand appear to be a holographic deception. I also like the thought that it will probably annoy Scott to no end ^^

Anyways, the real reason I post is that the faith in my knowledge of american geography and english reading comprehension where just completely shattered as I just learned the hard way that the San Jose Sharks are based smack in the middle of Silicon Valley rather then in San Diego where I though them to be since I heard of the club. Also I am a hopeless masochist who likes to necro old posts.
  • Since apparently there are no Habs fans in this forum
    While I am not a Habs fan, I extremely dislike the Flyers. They are being destroyed, and will lose accordingly.