This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Hockey Thread

Comments

• Apparently not. Umberger is on fire, Briere scores again, Biron keeps the net clean and the series goes 3-1 Flyers back to Montreal :P
  • Apparently not. Umberger is on fire, Briere scores again, Biron keeps the net clean and the series goes 3-1 Flyers back to Montreal :P
    =p oh noes, I feel trouble for the Habs.
  • I smell keystone match for the Eastern conference finals.
  • Rangers are le dead.
  • edited May 2008
    And my Penguins killed/are killing/will kill them!
    Post edited by Gunfire on
  • Well, the Blueshirts aren't entirely dead yet. They just made a 3-0 shutout. Congrats.
  • Hence my use of the future tense.
  • For one, it wasn't a direct response to you, gunfire. And secondly, your posts are marked as "edited" when you change something in them :P
  • I edited it immediately after I posted.
  • Well, the Blueshirts aren't entirely dead yet. They just made a 3-0 shutout. Congrats.
    The chances of coming back to survive from a 3-0 series are basically nil. It's best to just pretend it's all over.
  • Fucking A. I'm starting to think this could be the season. It's really a fantastic success already, going from last place to conference finals in a single season, but the Flyers should really have a good chance for the Cup.
  • Fucking A. I'm starting to think this could be the season. It's really a fantastic success already, going from last place to conference finals in a single season, but the Flyers should really have a good chance for the Cup.
    They better because if there is anything worse than the Capitals not winning the Cup, it's the goddamn Red Wings winning the damn thing.
  • They better because if there is anything worse than the Capitals not winning the Cup, it's the goddamn Red Wings winning the damn thing.
    I could live with Pittsburgh winning.
  • Sorry the wings are going down, Flyers are going for the cup!
  • Sorry the wings are going down
    If by going down you mean shutting out the Penguins, then you're perfectly right. ^_~

Osgood's goaltending is enough to stop dead any team that relies on a few good scorers.
  • Lets go Flyers....ah man! I hate Sid the Kid, and I smell sweet by Detroit.
  • Apart from the Stanley Cup: NHL is going to Wrigley Field
  • Watched the game to not see the Cup handed out tonight... Only a matter of time for Detroit.
    Apart from the Stanley Cup:NHL is going to Wrigley Field
    They're overusing the outdoor game gimmick.
  • They're overusing the outdoor game gimmick.
    Once a year is not overusing it. Two games in each possible city every year I think is the limit.
  • They're overusing the outdoor game gimmick.
    Once a year is not overusing it. Two games in each possible city every year I think is the limit.
    It works for hockey fans, but the whole point of the outdoor games were just to draw the attention of the non-hockey watching American market. "Hey this looks interesting I might give it a try." It is more interesting for a hockey viewer, but i really don't think it will take long till it becomes at the level of the all-star game and loose its sparkle and shine.
  • Lets go Flyers....ah man! I hate Sid the Kid, and I smell sweet by Detroit.
    Everyone here in NS is cheering for Sid, as he's the local boy!
  • Sorry the wings are going down
    Really? Like how they TOTALLY WON against the penguins on Saturday? V!
  • Really? Like how they TOTALLY WON against the penguins on Saturday? V!
    Really? Like how the Wings totally lost yesterday?
  • I didn't watch! Arrrgh! I went to bed!
  • Congrats to the Red Wings for winning the Stanley Cup. They were really sensational this post-season.
  • Yay! Hooorah! Jubilations!
  • Man....oh well there is always next year for the Flyers....
  • I've missed out on hockey for the past...five years? Damndable California. I hope to get back into it when I move back east. Three months!
  • I just read in the paper today Hockey Night In Canada is possibly not renewing its contract for the theme song.
    For me that's like cutting the heart out of HNIC.
    The theme song amongst Canadians is as well known as Oh Canada. Somebody needs their head checked on this bright idea in my opinion. What's next no Beaver on the 5 cent piece.
    What do you guys think about this new turn of events in Hockey history.
  • What do you guys think about this new turn of events in Hockey history.
    It sucks ass, but it's not a new turn of events. The people who own the song have been making trouble since '04 with copyright complaints.