This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott Pilgrim Versus The World

Comments

• I need a print of that poster so bad.
    I'm buying one for next year's geekpartment. It's happening.
    But where to get one?
  • I need a print of that poster so bad.
    I'm buying one for next year's geekpartment. It's happening.
    But where to get one?
    I need to know!
  • Probably here. Just keep an eye out.
  • That poster will go in a bunch of posters that I'm buying sometime this month or next month. Metropolis (Fritz Lang), Laputa, Amadeus, and Clerks are among those posters. In all I think they'll all go look good together.
  • So glad I reserved the right to grab that poster when the movie's run is over. One of the few perks of working at a movie theatre (other than the free movies and popcorn).
  • edited March 2010
    That tagline is painful.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • That tag line is painful.
    That's the joke.
  • That tag line is painful.
    That's the joke.
    If it is, I don't get it.
  • So glad I reserved the right to grab that poster when the movie's run is over. One of the few perks of working at a movie theatre (other than the free movies and popcorn).
    Oh can you just go to the back of the theatre and grab it out of the dumpsters? Do they just throw out the posters and cutouts?
  • As far as I can recall, they roll them up and put them off to one side in the lobby so you can go pick one up.
  • If it is, I don't get it.
    Warning: Kate is a Scott Pigrim Hater :-p
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    If it is, I don't get it.
    Warning: Kate is a Scott Pigrim Hater :-p
    Does she really not like Scott Pilgrim, or has she not read it? I'm really hoping it's the latter, since the former appears to be an impossibility based on the many people I've introduced this to.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Does she really not like Scott Pilgrim, or has she not read it? I'm really hoping it's the latter, since the former appears to be an impossibility based on the many people I've introduced this to.
    I read about a volume and a half of Scott Pilgrim and stopped, if that tells you anything.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    Does she really not like Scott Pilgrim, or has she not read it? I'm really hoping it's the latter, since the former appears to be an impossibility based on the many people I've introduced this to.
    I read about a volume and a half of Scott Pilgrim and stopped, if that tells you anything.
    I consider that your dislike and her possible dislike to be two different situations. I can't be sure if this is the case in real life since I don't know Kate personally, so my opinion probably doesn't really matter since it seems somewhat ignorant in the first place. From what I've observed, I get the feeling that she dislikes quite a lot of things that a lot of people on the forums seem to enjoy. Please call me out and tell me if I'm wrong on this, because I'm not sure if this the case. If I'm wrong and it did come off as ignorant, then I apologize.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • To be clear, I didn't dislike Scott Pilgrim, it just didn't do much for me.
  • That tagline is painful.
    I love it, it's epic.
  • That tagline is painful.
    I love it, it's epic.
    ;)
  • edited March 2010
    As far as I can recall, they roll them up and put them off to one side in the lobby so you can go pick one up.
    Pretty much this. There's a list in the employees-only area for poster claims. You want a poster, you put yourself on the list for it. Priority goes to those who ask early and don't ask too often. When the posters are done being used, they get rolled up, labeled with the names of the people who want them, and put in a bin in the office for people to pick up. I think the ones nobody wants just get thrown out or put in storage.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • And on the comic side of things...
    To be released on July 20th.

Now all we need is some news on the video game.
  • To be released on July 20th.

Wait a dang minute there.

I just read that this volume 6 is the finale?

Excuse me? How many evil ex boyfriends were there supposed to be? How many have actually been dealt with? At the pace the comic progressed, he's really going to wrap it all up here?

I AM WARY.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    To be released on July 20th.

Wait a dang minute there.

I just read that this volume 6 is the finale?

Excuse me? How many evil ex boyfriends were there supposed to be? How many have actually been dealt with? At the pace the comic progressed, he's really going to wrap it all up here?

I AM WARY.
    SPOILERSPOILERSSSPOILERS: The mysterious Gideon is most likely the last boyfriend, so the right amount of boyfriends remain, Other-Other Scott. Plus they still have to resolve what the hell happened to Ramona? Did she die? Will she come back? GOD! I am so excited for this as so much will be answered!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • He was supposed to fight 7 evil ex-boyfriends and he has fought [6 so far: Stalker dude with the devil dancers, movie star skater boy, Envy Adams bassist, ninja chick, the twins (that's two guys at the same time for those who forget). So with Gideon this will be 7 total. Sorry, I'm too lazy to look up all their names].
  • It doesn't feel like seven.
  • Vague guess (shot from the hip): the ex-boyfriends are all previous incarnations of Scott Pilgrim himself; personal demons he had to overcome. The Scott Pilgrim "universe" is not reality, and Ramona is "awake" for now. ^_~
  • edited March 2010
    Vague guess (shot from the hip):
    Reminds me so much of that explanation of the Pokemon TV series.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Vague guess (shot from the hip):
    What might that be?
  • What might that be?
    Witness the glory that is:Ash in a Coma Theory
  • To be clear, I didn'tdislike Scott Pilgrim, it just didn't do much for me.
    Same here, except that I read two volumes, because so many people liked it. However, my overall "meh" feelings about Scott Pilgrim have little to do with my opinion of the tagline. I wouldn't call myself a "hater".
  • Vague guess (shot from the hip):
    Same.
    To be clear, I didn'tdislike Scott Pilgrim, it just didn't do much for me.
    Same here, except that I read two volumes, because so many people liked it. However, my overall "meh" feelings about Scott Pilgrim have little to do with my opinion of the tagline. I wouldn't call myself a "hater".
    There are no haters of Scott Pilgrim, though self-proclaimed they may be (if they are), there are just those who do not appreciate it as much as others. I have this same theory for all music.
  • He was supposed to fight 7 evil ex-boyfriends
    Well, 7ish. Maybe six. Maybe eight... You know, she's been pretty vague about all that. ^_~