This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott Pilgrim Versus The World

Comments

• So I finally got around to picking up "Precious Little Life" and reading it.
    I can see what you guys have been raving about.
  • After many months of incessant pushing of this series, Jeremy is finally reading it. His first impression of volume 1: " At first it's all mellow and normal then at the end it gets crazy at the end."

I reply, "Yes, that's what makes it awesome."

I need to reread this again because my friend said there is some sort of knitted cap Scott wears that he wants me to make. Someone tell me what volume it is in, please.
  • Early in volume 1 when he's hanging out with Knives he's wearing what I think you're referring to.
  • I finished reading volume 3 this weekend, and realized on the back cover it cites a review hailing Scott Pilgrim as "Canada's answer to Tank Girl". I know it has something of a cult following, but let's all hope the Scott Pilgrim film does not also follow in these steps!
  • I finished reading volume 3 this weekend, and realized on the back cover it cites a review hailing Scott Pilgrim as "Canada's answer to Tank Girl". I know it has something of a cult following, but let's all hope the Scott Pilgrim film does not also follow in these steps!
    Here here! Oh Tank Girl...
  • I liked Tank Girl
  • I liked Tank Girl
    I do too, but I also read the comics and in comparison...oh no.
  • What are you talking about, that musical number halfway through was such high art.
  • Is it sad to say that I laughed hysterically at the ending of the trailer? And then I preceded to watch it several more times and sent links to my friends.

Preview of book six. Hot damn.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    Is it sad to say that I laughed hysterically at the ending of the trailer? And then I preceded to watch it several more times and sent links to my friends.
    Why are you asking if it was wrong to do the right (not to mention appropriate) thing?

@cielmort: Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks it's bordering on the line of too srs bsnis?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited May 2010
    And volume five didn't have srs bsns?

I think it's fitting, considering THE FINAL BATTLE and all.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • And volume five didn't have srs bsns?
    Touche. However, I'm of the mind that 6 will have a different kind of srs bsns than what 5 had.
  • Things are wrapping up. I'm sure the humor will stay intact, but revelations will be made and really, who knows what will happen in the future of Scott and Ramona. Even though Scott's going through all of this for Ramona, they're both still kind of flakes so everything is still up in the air for their future so of course things are going to get srs bsns.

Also, what kind of srs bsns are you talking about for vol.6?
  • Why do I have the feeling Scott is going to end up being part of the evil ex boyfriends? It would be a bastard ending, but an interesting one nonetheless.
  • Also, what kind of srs bsns are you talking about for vol.6?
    Battle damage.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, really? I never felt like that sort of thing was really a presence in the world of Scott Pilgrim. The only real damage that I ever actually thought that was real in that universe was emotional damage. I mean, Scott was Zangief tossed into a freakin castle and came out with just a couple of scratches and bruises.
    Post edited by Outlaw Wolf on
  • More panels and stuff courtesy of Inkmo, the toner on vol 6.
  • Is that Envy?
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

My prediction

• Is that Envy?
    Yeah. She's on the cover so she must be in it. Plus, there's a panel of her released already. I predict she became one of Gideon's goons. Maybe she'll be a minor boss fight or she'll end up helping Scott in some way.
  • You know, the more I think about it, I think I'm looking forward to the movie more than the 6th Book.
  • One of my friends is pretty excited for the movie, but a bit cold on the actual books. He thinks the books are a little too much "random vidya gaem joke lolz" for his taste (which I can kinda understand, but disagree with).

In other news, I totally got another one of my friends into this series. She was amazed that O'Malley made a "Herself the Elf" reference.
  • If you have a Facebook, become a fan of the movie because once the page reaches 100k fans, they will release a new trailer.
  • Edgar Wright directing is awesome. I do not like Micheal Cera but I think he fits the part of Scott Pilgrim. He needs to get as much work in as possible before he outgrows the awkward teen trend.
  • Edgar Wright directing is awesome. I do not like Micheal Cera but I think he fits the part of Scott Pilgrim. He needs to get as much work in as possible before he outgrows the awkward teen trend.
    Yeah, the trend is going to die soon and he never shown range. Him, Jonah Hill, that Zombieland guy; all gone by 2011.
  • Jonah Hill
    I don't think Jonah Hill is going anywhere. He's part of the Apatow crew, and they're sure as hell not leaving anytime soon.
  • Jonah Hill
    I don't think Jonah Hill is going anywhere. He's part of the Apatow crew, and they're sure as hell not leaving anytime soon.
    That's what a lot of people said about Adam Sandler during the days when he made comedies post SNL, but then he did Punch Drunk Love which I still believe is his best movie.
  • Jonah Hill
    I've seen an advanced screening of his film "Get Him To The Greek." He's gonna stay around. I think in terms of Michael Cera, this movie is THE TEST. I mean, he's playing the literal King of All Hipsters here. If he fucks THAT UP, then he has nothing. Cept for that Arrested Development movie.
  • King of All Hipsters here.
    I'm not sure if I can handle the idea of Scott Pilgrim being a "hipster." Hipsters, nothing against them, are just not cool enough to be associated with Scott Pilgrim.