This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott Pilgrim Versus The World

Comments

• Well, 7ish. Maybe six. Maybe eight... You know, she's been pretty vague about all that. ^_~
    Remember, 7 evil "exes." Roxie is definitely not a dude, as her getting punched in the boob is a plot point.
  • edited March 2010
    TRAILER!

Edit: Already watched it 4 times.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • TRAILER!

Holy Fuck that was Awesome, I love how it seems so close to the comic!
  • TRAILER!

Is that Kim Pine at the end of the trailer? Kim Pine, Fuck Yeah.

I wonder if this movie will concentrate only on the evil exes plot, or if it will also involve the Knives Chau plot.
  • TRAILER!

Nah. I think that's Stacey. She said that line in book 5.
  • TRAILER!

My only fear, honestly, is that they might ellipse most (if not all) of the video game references that added so much to the comic. Granted, maybe they want to keep it vanilla for the trailer, as it might turn people away... I dunno. Even if they do take out a decent portion of the geekiness that the comic has, it'll still be awesome.
  • TRAILER!

I wonder if this movie will concentrate only on the evil exes plot, or if it will also involve the Knives Chau plot.
    An actor playing Knives was listed on the official movie site, and the description of the movie there included a line that referenced her.
  • TRAILER!

My only fear, honestly, is that they might ellipse most (if not all) of the video game references that added so much to the comic. Granted, maybe they want to keep it vanilla for the trailer, as it might turn people away... I dunno. Even if they do take out a decent portion of the geekiness that the comic has, it'll still be awesome.
    Dude, there was a yell of "K! O!" in the trailer. I think it'll be fine. The thing I worry about is the movie ending. Will it be awesome? And for that matter will book 6's ending be awesome?
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    -babbling, pointing, staring, and mouthing random things...faints from awesome-

Disappoint there isn't any Wallace in trailer...
    To be clear, I didn'tdislike Scott Pilgrim, it just didn't do much for me.
    Same here, except that I read two volumes, because so many people liked it. However, my overall "meh" feelings about Scott Pilgrim have little to do with my opinion of the tagline. I wouldn't call myself a "hater".
    Does the trailer remove your "meh" about Scott Pilgrim?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • -babbling, pointing, staring, and mouthing random things...faints from awesome-

Same here, except that I read two volumes, because so many people liked it. However, my overall "meh" feelings about Scott Pilgrim have little to do with my opinion of the tagline. I wouldn't call myself a "hater".
    Let's just judge the movie and book on their own merits eh. I can totally see some books fans not liking it and non book fans totally liking the movie.
  • -babbling, pointing, staring, and mouthing random things...faints from awesome-

Let's just judge the movie and book on their own merits eh. I can totally see some books fans not liking it and non book fans totally liking the movie.
    I predict there will be a lot of this kind of controversy this summer concerning movie adaptations of geekycool things (point in case: The Last Airbender; the latter of which I'm on the "pleased and excited" side).
  • edited March 2010
    I love the sound effects popping up, I love the CG, I love that at the end you can see (what I think is) one of the twins turning into coins. This trailer has blown all of my expectations for the movie.

What the hell is that thing that Roxie was swinging around? Any ideas?

One last note, Knives is in the trailer. She's in the part when they're walking through the snow that's shot using bird's eye perspective.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Oh man, I can't wait to get home so I can watch it :D
  • I was having trouble visualizing what all the crazy on-screen effects might look like, and while I still think the sound effects lettering in some parts is a little weird-looking, for the most part it all just blows me away. HOLY FREAKING SHIT. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD I also like the intensity on Michael Cera at the part when he says, "I will rip them apart." He still seems a little Cera-ish overall, but still looks like he'll be able to pull off a pretty great Scott (no pun intended).

Anyway, will be re-watching repeatedly until the next one comes out. Oh mans.
  • edited March 2010
    Propably not - Because she could like the movie, and not particularly like the books, or to what I'm sure will be to your horror and disbelief, she might not like the movie, either.

Also - who caught all of the video game references in the trailer?
    Of course, not to mention the smaller little details for those who have read the books somewhat thoroughly.

As for the movie itself - as best I can tell from the trailer, it seems well shot, the effects are very polished and not intrusive despite being obvious, the sound design is fantastic, the costumes and casting is spot on(I had my doubts about Cera, but he's done very well). I'm not going to say anything until I see the movie, but the impression I'm getting from the trailer is that they've absolutely nailed it and stuck the landing.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • On the subject of the trailer...does anyone else think it's ironic how "Roxy" is played by Mae Whitman, who was "Ann" on Arrested Development?
  • This trailer intrigues me.
  • I'm not into this.
  • The trailer is made of Getter Rays! <3
  • Frame by frame break down of the trailer. Seems like Wallace, Stephen Stills, Young Neil, and Kim Pine were in the trailer.
  • I am so excited at the fact that Michael Cera doesn't play Michael Cera in this. Awesome.

Also, first details on the Scott Pilgrim video game. Anamanaguchi is doing music, and the guy who created Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006 is in charge of art direction and spriting. Hopefully Ubisoft doesn't fuck up the endgame with absurd DRM.
  • edited March 2010
    FFFFUUUU I was just about to post that, WindUpBird. Beat me by 2 minutes!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Well it looks like I have some comics to buy.
  • edited March 2010
    Based on the trailer, it actually looks like a really cute children's film + mild sex.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Based on the trailer, it actually looks like a really cute children's film + mild sex.
    I said on facebook that the movie looks amusing at worst. Oh, and I figured out how to access the intarwebs as a sub now. :)
  • Oh, and I figured out how to access the intarwebs as a sub now. :)
  • That sub doesn't look a thing like me.
  • Metric apparently is doing the music that Clash at Demonhead plays in the movie. Here's one of the songs. I think it's a good fit, as Clash at Demonhead is described as an arty, semi-"trashy" indie band. Not that I'm trying to slam anything, but I think the song is perfect.
  • Metric apparently is doing the music that Clash at Demonhead plays in the movie.Here's one of the songs.I think it's a good fit, as Clash at Demonhead is described as an arty, semi-"trashy" indie band. Not that I'm trying to slam anything, but I think the song is perfect.
    You are right! That song is perfect for Clash at Demonhead :O