This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott Pilgrim Versus The World

Comments

• Every time I see this trailer, I get sad. Sad because there's still several months till this movie comes out. Several.
    I have to wait until rest of the world has seen this movie, before I even have a chance to see it.
  • 2nd trailer for the fucking win! I can't wait any longer!
  • I think I'm more enticed by the look of the movie than anything. Edgar Wright is fucking awesome and just he can create a world for pure hilarity to exist in. I'm questionable towards the actors and such, but I'm very curious on how they are going to pull it off. I think since it's covering so much in a short time, the movie is gonna be more action oriented than focused with the characters.
  • I think I'm more enticed by the look of the movie than anything. Edgar Wright is fucking awesome and just he can create a world for pure hilarity to exist in. I'm questionable towards the actors and such, but I'm very curious on how they are going to pull it off. I think since it's covering so much in a short time, the movie is gonna be more action oriented than focused with the characters.
    Actually, I read an interview that said the fight scenes will be short, covering a lot of ground in quick succession.
  • That trailer was pretty hipster. :\
  • That trailer was pretty hipster. :\
    The arse fell out of your credibility when you used "Hipster" as an adjective.
  • god damn, that trailer has me stoked. August 13th needs to hurry up.
  • My friend and I are determined to see this at a Cinema De Lux near where I work so we can do our best Wallace Wells act while watching the movie.
  • August 13th needs to hurry up.
    I can wait, if it's August 13th the summer is almost gone!
  • After watching that second trailer I got a serious Macaulay Culkin vibe out of Wallace Wells. Turns out it wasn't far off. The guy's got a brother and that's who is playing him. This might have been obvious news to some but I am piss-poor when it comes to actors and actresses. I think at some point my mind decided they weren't important enough to remember and recognize.
  • After watching that second trailer I got a serious Macaulay Culkin vibe out of Wallace Wells. Turns out it wasn't far off. The guy's got a brother and that's who is playing him. This might have been obvious news to some but I am piss-poor when it comes to actors and actresses. I think at some point my mind decided they weren't important enough to remember and recognize.
    I don't know anyone in this movie other than Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Chris Evans and Mae Whitman. But with a lack of popular actors, we have a hard time deciding on if the movie will be that good. All the Evil Exes really sound like they are great for the role, (Especially that guy playing Matthew Patel) but the bigger question will be towards Scott's friends, the band, Ramona and Knives. And if the fights are short, it does leave me kind of concerned.
  • Oh man. Kim Pine. Knives Chau. Wallace Wells. Gideon Gordon Graves. This is going to melt my goddamned face.

Jason Schwartzman is my fucking hero.
    I don't know anyone in this movie other than Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Chris Evans and Mae Whitman. But with a lack of popular actors, we have a hard time deciding on if the movie will be that good. All the Evil Exes really sound like they are great for the role, (Especially that guy playing Matthew Patel) but the bigger question will be towards Scott's friends, the band, Ramona and Knives. And if the fights are short, it does leave me kind of concerned.
    You don't know who Kieran Culkin is? Speaking of which...someone has to say it...he's PRETTY DANG GAY!
  • edited June 2010
    New clip from the movie in which Wallace is a badass. We also see one way in which the movie deviates from the book.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • That's a pretty big deviation
  • That's a pretty big deviation
    Despite how big a deviation that might be, the sheer amount of love and respect for the source material and how it keeps the spirit alive and well I think softens the blow by an order of magnitude at the very least. There is no such thing as and there can never be a perfect adaptation of any literary work.
  • the sheer amount of love and respect for the source material and how it keeps the spirit alive and well I think softens the blow by an order of magnitude at the very least.
    Well, I'd hope there was plenty of that since Bryan Lee O’Malley wrote it, and has been extremely involved on every level of production possible for him.
  • the sheer amount of love and respect for the source material and how it keeps the spirit alive and well I think softens the blow by an order of magnitude at the very least.
    Well, I'd hope there was plenty of that since Bryan Lee O’Malley wrote it, and has been extremely involved on every level of production possible for him.
    I heavily applaud him on that.
  • Besides, the Lucas Lee "fight" in the original was very anti-climactic.
  • Besides, the Lucas Lee "fight" in the original was very anti-climactic.
    I kind of hope that he is beaten in a similar way, or that they at least do the Mithril Skateboard joke.
  • I hate MTV, this video can't be seen in my region.
  • edited June 2010
    It's a good thing Edgar Wright cares about you, then:
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I know nothing of Scott Pilgrim, but every clip and trailer I see of this movie makes me grin like an idiot. I think I'll enjoy it.
  • I know nothing of Scott Pilgrim, but every clip and trailer I see of this movie makes me grin like an idiot. I think I'll enjoy it.
    Why don't you read it?
  • Wake me up when it's on Steam.
  • Man, it's gonna be some deep bullshit if this doesn't come out for PC.
    Don't hold your breath. This is most definitely designed to be a console exclusive, I just get that feeling just by looking at the screenshot.
    Don't hold your breath. This is most definitely designed to be a console exclusive, I just get that feeling just by looking at the screenshot.
    I get the feeling by reading the article -
    Before Xbox 360 owners freak out too much, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is only a timed exclusive on PlayStation 3.
    I get the feeling by reading the article -
    Before Xbox 360 owners freak out too much, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is only a timed exclusive on PlayStation 3.
    I only skimmed through it so I missed that.