This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• Oh, my bad, force of habit I guess :P
  • edited July 2009
    This one started as me just trying out the head with the rabbit hood on it.
    By the time I'd finished it, I realized that I have more than half of the components for this outfit, though it would be all black and dark blue. For those wondering: I'd still need the bunny hood, the geta and the black ribbon.
    Oh, and I know the neck is way too long. If anyone's got Photoshop skills, would they kindly cut it down so the cheeks are part way inside the collar.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Lost in Transportation
    I wanted the roads to look like a real map of a city. Hope I didn't loose too much detail by not urning into a giant png.
  • Mr.roboto- I liked it too. I wasn't critting it when I said what i said. I was just shocked at dem thighs!
  • edited July 2009
    @Omnutia: Is this a design for a costume, then? Is it something already out there, or something of your creation? Your drawing is getting better, I think. Aside from the neck, which you know, the only other big issue I see is that the arms are a bit short. However, I did have a boss who had arms like that. Tyrannosaurus arms. They barely came past her waist.

@Jain7th: I don't think I get it.

Okay, so these are some tryout pages I just finished. I'll know in a week or so if I got the gig. Kind of a crappy tryout script -- mostly talking, all in the same location, but hey, I got to draw a dinosaur, which I've never really done before, and a kitty, which I've also never really done before. They're not great, but I think they're passable. What I learned from this is that when I have to design stuff (spacesuits, space golf cart, sci-fi corridor) I need to really work out every detail, because even if it takes me a couple more hours up front, it's going to save me a lot of time and headaches down the road. Man I wish I'd done something different for that floor. Anyway.

Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Holy shit, space + dinosaurs + kitty = awesome.
  • Holy shit, space + dinosaurs + kitty = awesome.
    What she said X 2
  • Need we add Funfetus to the triumvirate of awesome?

... No, whilst really freaking awesome, we can't do that. We musn't.
  • edited July 2009
    @Funfetus: One of these days, I'll plan a drawing and not just spontaneously grow large sketches from small doodles. Expect a pretty major improvement when or if that time comes.
    It was just an experiment making a costume out of things I like.

For my next doodle, I'm torn between moe tsundere Nineless with maid outfit or standard tsuntsun cat ear Nineless.
    Edit: Speak of the devil.
    space + dinosaurs + kitty
    I left the "= awesome" off in an effort to point out that a simple description of the above section of comic is all you need.
  • Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for any of the ideas -- it was all in the script for me.
    One of these days, I'll plan a drawing and not just spontaneously grow large sketches from small doodles. Expect a pretty major improvement when or if that time comes.
    You know, probably 99% of the drawing I've done in my life has been little doodles -- bits of anatomy, little perspective experiments, THOUSANDS of heads. It's a pretty good way to work out the things you need to improve on without the grunt work of putting together a full illustration. Obviously you need to bring it all together occasionally, but I think the doodle time, if done with a goal of improvement in mind, is time very well spent. Of course, when you are going to do a serous illustration, you really have to plan it out.
  • edited July 2009

I guess this is a self-portrait sans glasses. Quick photoshop sketch which I decided to upload for no particular reason.

Also, I'm going to start selling tentacle necklaces if anyone is interested.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Sans glasses? I think you may want to have that looked at...

No, just kidding. Looks pretty good.
  • His blank stare is similar to that of a tired post con half drunk person. I love it!
  • His blank stare is similar to that of a tired post con half drunk person. I love it!
    Yes, I obviously have con hangovers that last weeks, if not until the next con. XD
  • Funfetus, and Mankoon, your work is totally faboo. I particularly love that "fishy character."
    I need to work harder.
    Here's my first post--I hope you guys don't mind that it's fanart--it's just the most recent/best thing I have. It is for my fiancee, Judith, and fault of Rym. We borrowed his Utena DVDs.
  • Ah, the joys of new forumgoers. That is awesome, Nillia.
  • That is really good. I really like the spot blacks on the coat. Looking forward to seeing more.
  • @nillia

It's you it's you it's you!

I need to talk to that cell phone guy again. I have his email. He's intrigued.
  • Wow! I wouldn't of thought that was fan art! I would think a scan from an artbook! Amazing!
  • Wow! I wouldn't of thought that was fan art! I would think a scan from an artbook! Amazing!
    When I first saw it in the Otakon art show, I also thought it was just a scan/print from an artbook. I was like wtf. Then someone said something, and I was like, oh shit! I remember them working on that in my living room.
  • Indeed, that is quite a fine piece of artwork.
  • edited July 2009
    Now that I can use the GIMP and see what the hell is going on.
    Based on my cat. Not really worth critting as it's still very early days with me and digital drawing.
  • @Nillia- Wonderful piece! It's so really dead on. I like the black shading on the blue coat too. It looks really proffesional - I really hope you post more =D.
    @Omnutia- That's really cute. It makes me laugh cause he's just a head and a tail and I'm not sure what he's expressing. Pain maybe? He seems like he could be a maple story enemy or something.
  • edited July 2009
    @Mankoon: It's based on the Lucky Star cat (Which I have nicknamed: The Catbag.).
  • The Catbag
    A purse-pet?
  • More a bean-bag sorta thing.
  • edited August 2009
    @Gomidog
    Yes, I'm here now! =D Thank you.
    Yes, cellphone guy...I'm sorry I don't remember his name. But it sounded really neat, from what I gathered.

@Apreche
    Hahahahah, that's what I was going for. That's awesome. Thank you.

@ Everybody
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

@Omnutia
    Ahaha! I see it. I like how you fussed with the eyes, though.
    You know, they actually make a purse version of "Catbag."
    Post edited by Nillia on
  • Not sure where else to put this, but it is finished.

For Lisa! Happy 26th! Here's a sketchy picture of your kitties!

Sorry for the incredibly shoddy scan, but I sorta like how it sepia-toned it.
  • Awww, That's so cute!
  • Lily is fat and puffy.