This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• That small cat lost many fights with the toilet!
    Really cute!
  • Such adorable kitties!
  • OOoh, I liked how it scanned too.
    I maintain that it looks like a nice children's book illustration.
  • That's super awesome!
  • Finally got around to watching a couple episodes of Detroit Metal City. Holy shit!

Therefore, Krauser:
  • Now maybe draw him in the same angle without the make-up/persona. That would be cool. I like the picture.
  • GO TO DMC
  • SATSUGAI!
  • RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE.

Anyone been reading the Astro Toy reviews lately? Krauser has been having the time of his life over there.
  • Anyone been reading the Astro Toy reviews lately? Krauser has been having the time of his life over there.
    I don't read the reviews, because I could care less. But I do always check to see what Krauser is up to.
  • edited August 2009
    YES! For the Win! I love you, Fun!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Can't sleep. So I colored.
  • edited August 2009
    @ Funfetus
    I wanna do extreme overhead foreshortening right. ;-; That's really good.

@ Viga
    I was trying to figure out why it's so cute, and I think it's the hairdo and the way the ears stick out so much regardless. It's very cute.

Here is a dabbling in pixel art. A dabbling that got very carried away. It was for a remappable furcadia port. I'm thinking about going back and reducing the number of sparkles.
    Post edited by Nillia on
  • @ Funfetus
    I wanna do extreme overhead foreshortening right. ;-; That's really good.
    Thanks. :) Study some of Miwa Shirow's stuff, s/he NAILS every kind of extreme foreshortening.

That pixel art looks really cool -- unfortunately, it has the one issue that bugs me about all cool pixel art: I want to see it bigger!
  • Mankoon to the rescue!
    I want to see it bigger!
    You can add width="" height="" in your img tag code. This is what people in pixel forums do. The only problem is that it came out fuzzy. If you used PNG or Bmp it would come out pixel perfect. So don't use jpg when showing your pixel art! Nice work though.
    @funfetus- Awesome. The face is really great. That's hard to do!
    @Viga: Your style is really cute. I really like the thickness of your lines. Now color the cats!
  • edited August 2009
    Mankoon to the rescue!
    You can add width="" height="" in your img tag code. This is what people in pixel forums do. The only problem is that it came out fuzzy. If you used PNG or Bmp it would come out pixel perfect. So don't use jpg when showing your pixel art! Nice work though.
    @funfetus- Awesome. The face is really great. That's hard to do!
    Thanks for the tips -- unfortunately, what I really mean is that I want to see it in a higher resolution. And thanks for the compliment, but what's hard to do?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • but what's hard to do?
    It's hard to do a face with that much intensity and make it look good.
  • It's hard to do a face with that much intensity and make it look good.
    Oh, yeah, thanks. I just made a face in my little mirror I keep on my desk. :)
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Can't sleep. So I colored.

That reminds me so much of Jam from Wasted Talent, nonetheless I like it a lot and I gotta hand it to Viga cause she can draw really well. I can't draw at all, not even by XKCD standards, so all I can do is watch from afar.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Warm-up before I start my pages for today.

I'm starting to realize that I have a thing for badass female sci-fi characters.
  • I'm starting to realize that I have a thing for bad-ass female sci-fi characters.
    With guns? Also, gah, that's a warm-up?!
  • Also, gah, that's a warm-up?!
    Well, I probably spent about 30-40 minutes on it. It's more than a quick sketch. The point of the warm-up is that I'm not always in the mood to work on my pages, so I start off with something I want to draw, and that gets me into drawing mode, where it's easy to move on to the not-so-fun work. It's all psychological. :)
  • I'm starting to realize that I have a thing for badass female sci-fi characters.
    Me too! I like your tough girls.
  • edited August 2009
    @Gomidog -- thanks. :)

Since there's been some Battle Angel talk over in the James Cameron's Avatar, thread, here's a quick warm-up Alita -- almost certainly the origin of my aforementioned love of badass sci-fi heroines.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited September 2009
    Asahi recommended this program called Sai Paint Tool to me and I tried it out.
    imageimage
    Spent most of this drawing listening to Fast Karate so, purple gear seemed apropriate.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I finished these last week for certain people that came to PAX. Sorry for the blurriness.
    image image image image
  • I love the burning wheel ^o^
  • What?! Yoshi? Not Boo? Sooo sneaky. Even though some people think I say it too much, AWESOME.
  • What?! Yoshi? Not Boo? Sooo sneaky. Even though some people think I say it too much, AWESOME.
    I changed my mind at the last minute. =3 Thanks.