This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• edited September 2009
    @Ro -- super awesome. I love the Totoro.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • What?! Yoshi? Not Boo? Sooo sneaky. Even though some people think I say it too much, AWESOME.
    I changed my mind at the last minute. =3 Thanks.
    I'm a Yoshi girl! Down with the Boo! Great stuff there, Ro! I want to play an 8 bit totoro now.
  • What?! Yoshi? Not Boo? Sooo sneaky. Even though some people think I say it too much, AWESOME.
    I changed my mind at the last minute. =3 Thanks.
    I'm a Yoshi girl! Down with the Boo! Great stuff there, Ro! I want to play an 8 bit totoro now.
    Why? The Boo only want to play with you...
  • Ro, you are just so awesome. That is all.
  • edited September 2009
    To celebrate the new purchase of the hot pink DSi, I decided to make a cozy for it.

I wish Joann's had a wider variety of fabrics. I really wanted cuter pieces. I really need to find a local store that sells Japanese imported fabrics along with really cute patterns. Most stuff is available online, however I didn't feel like waiting.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ro, where did you get the Super Paper Mario fabric?
  • edited September 2009
    Ro, where did you get the Super Paper Mario fabric?
    It's not fabric, it's a small handbag I got from Kinokuniya. If it was fabric, I would have made the cozy out of that. However, Jeremy and I do have matching Mario/mushroom flannel pajama pants. They are awesome and comfy.
  • It's not fabric, it's a smallhandbagI got from Kinokuniya. If it was fabric, I would have made the cozy out of that. However, Jeremy and I do have matching Mario/mushroom flannel pajama pants. They are awesome and comfy.
    Damn, I kind of wanted to make some pajamas out of that theoretical fabric. Oh well.
  • DSi cozy
    That's kinda sorta adorable. :3 So they made a hot pink DSi? I have a light blue one.
  • That's kinda sorta adorable.
    Yeah. I was thinking of adding a felt cut out of a panda or something cute to it, but laziness took over. I know it's a plain design, but there really weren't a lot of cute fabrics to choose from.

Perhaps I'll buy some cute fabrics to make a new one to look similar to what this person made.
  • There was someone at Otakon, IIRC, who made awesome stuff out of old Transformers bed sheets and such.
  • edited September 2009
    There was someone at Otakon, IIRC, who made awesome stuff out of old Transformers bed sheets and such.
    My girlfriend made us a hamper out of her old Star Wars sheets.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • There was someone at Otakon, IIRC, who made awesome stuff out of old Transformers bed sheets and such.
    There is a Pac Man and Star Wars one.
  • There is aPac ManandStar Warsone.
    That Pac Man is terrifying.
  • Where is your Etsy page, girl? I would love a cozy for my big ass PSP. Very cute work.

So, do any of you partake in contests? It's difficult to win but I've been trying Patchedtogether (toy contest) and Designed by Humans (t-shirt). I submitted a Halloween shirt last night. Here it is.
  • edited September 2009
    Where is your Etsy page, girl? I would love a cozy for my big ass PSP. Very cute work.
    Thanks. I've actually thought about making an Etsy page, I just need to make product I want to sell and not give out to people I know to put on there. ^^;;

As for your design, that's pretty damn awesome. I'd vote for you. Any specific title to the piece? Just saw on the website it's called "Will not be forgotten". I will happily vote for it. ^_^
  • Link
    I named it "Will not be forgotten" last night when I was really sleepy. "Forget me not" would have been much better! Oh well. My skill at naming things is pretty low.
  • Eeeee. Spooooooky. And guts. I don't know if I would wear a shirt with guts on it, but it's a pretty nifty picture.
  • Eeeee. Spooooooky. And guts. I don't know if I would wear a shirt with guts on it, but it's a pretty nifty picture.
    I totally would! Holy crap! It's definitely seems like something that would be seen on some metal album art, but cooler.
  • I worry for Mankoon's other half..
  • Yea it's not for everyone to want to wear. Neither are a lot of the Halloween entries. It's funny because when I decided I was going to make a submission, I wanted it to be of a cute bear. When I saw that there was a Halloween contest, I shifted gears into something gory! Cute bear inside of a pear to intestines and tentacles. It perplexes even me.
  • I just figured out I was actually already following you on Dev.
  • That shirt would make a great album cover. Now if I only had a band!
  • Holy crap, Mankoon. That's AMAZING. Excellent design and draftsmanship. It has a very Becky Cloonan vibe going on. Oh, god, the bugs...
  • Mr.Roboto: That's pretty cool.
    Funfetus: Finally someone said it! My best friend who is good friends with becky didn't even say it. Then again he's getting sucked into Aion right now and I think he's judgment impaired at the moment. Of coarse the resemblance wasn't intentional. I like tentacles, I like to draw girls, Halloween is macabre and I picked limited colors since it's meant to be printed. Not really sure if I should have tried to differentiate myself more or something? I wasn't really concentrating on that aspect of things.
    Eh, you're a girl. I wouldn't expect you to wear a shirt with a girl on it whose cleavage goes all the way to her heart. Awesome picture Mankoon, it's unsettling.
  • Not really sure if I should have tried to differentiate myself more or something? I wasn't really concentrating on that aspect of things.
    I definitely don't think it's a negative thing -- of course, I'm a big fan of Ms. Cloonan's work. I don't feel like it's derivative -- it looks to me like the sort of thing where different people arrive at a similar place independently.

Also, I've kinda been experimenting with a similar coloring style lately. Like, basically cell-shaded, but with a little bit of hatching with the colors. Yours actually reminds me of a lot of Philippe Buchet's work on Sillage. It's a good look -- a lot of coloring these days is far too flashy.
  • Not necessarily art, however while I was making my DS cozy, Jeremy was making a dice box. It's a craft, so I think it counts.

• He crafts with you!? He's a keeper!!
  • edited September 2009
    I'm doing the packaging on the tape for my friend's band.

I'm spray stenciling both sides of the tape. There's quite a bit of overspray, but I still think they look cool.

Here's the album cover that he designed:

And each tape comes with a little plastic animal:
    Post edited by Sail on