This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• I'm totally going to take you up on that suggestion. Thanks!
  • Awesome, glad to help. :) Also, I forgot to mention it specifically, but the bunny-falling-over-backward is just hilarious and adorable.
  • My best friend's mom taught me how to use my sewing machine. After many mistakes like cutting the wrong size for the fabric I've finally made my Monster Hunter Psp sleeve. Hooray for doing art away from the PC.
  • My best friend's mom taught me how to use my sewing machine. After many mistakes like cutting the wrong size for the fabric I've finally made my Monster Hunter Psp sleeve. Hooray for doing art away from the PC.
    Cute! That's really great work, Mankoon. I still have issues with cutting the proper sizes of fabric as well. Did you glue on those felt pieces?
  • I had this 2$ glue gun. It took a while to figure it out but it worked really well. You have to wait a really long time for it to heat up and keep shoving glue sticks in the back. The bond is really strong.
  • I had this 2$ glue gun. It took a while to figure it out but it worked really well. You have to wait a really long time for it to heat up and keep shoving glue sticks in the back. The bond is really strong.
    I think I'll have to invest in one for my next sewing/cloth project, which will start this weekend.
  • edited November 2009
    The bond really depends on the quality of the silicone used, so, buy a cheap gun and quality sticks.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • That's good to know MrRoboto. I used the sticks that came with the gun but I'm really surprised it sticks so well.
  • BTW, the sleeve looks awesome! Kudos on a great job.
  • Thanks! I want to try another one since I think I can make improvements. Crafting is so much fun.
  • Super cute, and so 3-dimensional and existent-in-the-real-world! I gotta do some kinda crafts at some point.
  • I'm very late, but I LOVE your designs and logos Mankoon! They're super cute. My favorite logo is also the bottom left one, though I do like the one where the bunny is coveting the title and making an "F" with its ear. Your mischievous little bunny design is pretty awesome in itself.

I also saw Mr. Llama on DA earlier. Your stuff is totally up my alley, I like it lots. :P
  • edited November 2009
    I would buy that cozy up there.
    Just a simple re-color of some lineart I did a while ago.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I'm done. I'm finally done! It only took 6 months. Mind you, I was sick and also procrastinated a bit, but I'm done with my Home Sweet Home Yoshi Cross-Stitch. Now, to just get it matted and framed, and it will be complete.

• Beautiful!
  • That is sooooo amazing.
  • That is absolutely adorable.
  • A resounding success.
    Someone email that to Kotaku.
  • Ro, does that whole image come from something in particular, or did you piece it together with different parts? It's been so long since I played Super Mario World, I can't remember.
  • Ro, does that whole image come from something in particular, or did you piece it together with different parts? It's been so long since I played Super Mario World, I can't remember.
    The background is from SMW. Yoshi is from SMW2 :Yoshi's Island. The lettering is from a Mario font I found online. It took a day to get the pattern together.
  • The background is from SMW. Yoshi is from SMW2 :Yoshi's Island. The lettering is from a Mario font I found online. It took a day to get the pattern together.
    That makes it even better. :)
  • This is pretty much the most intense background I've ever had to draw. I used to dread this sort of thing, but I'm getting to the point where I'm looking forward to the challenge. Onward and upward!
  • That's ridic, Funfetus! Well done.
  • Wow. That's amazing. You win.
  • That's awesome but..
    The flames look like a much smaller fire scaled up. If something on the ground is on fire, it's going to be mostly smoke up that high. Flames going up that high would kick off gargantuan amounts of heat and most of the surrounding buildings would already be smoking.
  • The flames look like a much smaller fire scaled up. If something on the ground is on fire, it's going to be mostly smoke up that high. Flames going up that high would kick off gargantuan amounts of heat and most of the surrounding buildings would already be smoking.
    You are 100% correct. This is the bottom 1/3 or so of a title page, and the flames are a design element behind the title and credits -- they're not actually "in" the city scene, if that makes sense. It may end up being confusing, but I think in the context of the whole page, it works.