This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I only get drunk after my 7th bottle of Guinness.
    That's because Guinness is only 4.3% ABV.

Lightweight. image
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited October 2012
    Also Guinness is like a bottle of oatmeal. People literally drink it as a snack (at least in Ireland). I feel like I would be full after one or two.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited October 2012
    Guinness is quite light in terms of it's consistency and viscosity. Anyone who says it's "bread in a glass" is sorely mistaken.

Lightweight. image
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Guinness is also has an extremely light mouthful and is quite easy to drink. Anyone who says it's "bread in a glass" is sorely mistaken.

Lightweight. image
    Well okay it's not as bad as some Porters but It's still goddamn filling.
  • Guinness is also has an extremely light mouthful and is quite easy to drink. Anyone who says it's "bread in a glass" is sorely mistaken.

Lightweight. image
    Well okay it's not as bad as some Porters but It's still goddamn filling.
    Lightweight. image
  • Well I guess when the moons align we'll just have to settle this with a drink-off ;P
  • If you're seeing more than one moon, chances are you've already lost the drink-off.
  • It's unfair that people can get drunk off of 1-3 beers. I usually drink 3-5 bottles, and it barely makes me buzzed.
    Sadly that's where I am, it seems like it takes a 6pack of tallboys to start the night. A couple scotch's will still do the trick though.
    My recommendation is to move onto some fancy fancy beer. Idk what is in those tallboys, but I can almost guarantee that if you were drank six of something that didn't come in a 24 oz. can (with a few exceptions) you would feel it in the end.
  • edited October 2012
    I only get drunk after my 7th bottle of Guinness.
    That's because Guinness is only 4.3% ABV.

Lightweight. image
    Well, I had three Irish car bombs and 2 caipirinhas in between, but I don't count them cuz they were just too delicious.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Guinness is quite light in terms of it's consistency and viscosity. Anyone who says it's "bread in a glass" is sorely mistaken.
    Lightweight. image
    It's like that delicious light and fluffy dark bread they served at steak'n'ale.
  • edited October 2012
    That moment when you find out the guy you were maybe kind of interested in is seven years younger than you and you retroactively feel like a creeper. :(
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Hmm, I mean a lot of people that are married have a big age gap like that. What age are we talking?
  • Wait a second... you people drink to get drunk? I mean, "Gee, it sucks that it takes me 10 beers to get drunk" sounds kind of like you have a small problem there buddy...
  • Me: 25. Him: 18. Feels like a gender-flipped Scott Pilgrim/Knives Chau situation.
  • Yeah, at that age it can be weird. Oddly enough, in as little as 3-4 years it would be less weird, and then within another 5 it would cease to be weird almost entirely.
  • Yeah, BS rule or not, I tend to follow the "half your age + 7" rule in terms of what's creepy or not. Seems to hold in many if not most cases.
  • Yeah, kinda.
  • edited October 2012
    I feel creepy as a 21-year-old knowing my 17-year-old friend has a crush on me. So I can definitely see the 25-18 split feeling creepy.

I feel like those age divisions happen because "maturation" doesn't happen at a uniform rate across your whole life. A 15-year-old would have less in common with a 25-year-old than that same 25-year-old would have in common with a 35-year-old.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Wait a second... you people drink to get drunk? I mean, "Gee, it sucks that it takes me 10 beers to get drunk" sounds kind of like you have a small problem there buddy...
    I don't, that day just happened because I was in good company, I was not gonna drive, and I just wanted to test myself.
    Also, Irish car bombs, who knew? :P
  • edited October 2012
    This weekend I ran into a girl that was 17 when I was 21 and at the time specifically avoided starting anything due to the age gap. Now that I'm 27 and she'd be ~23 I definitely had a "what the fuck was wrong with 21 year old me" moment. No actual regret, but reading that commentary I've been there, I've not done that. And then smacked my forehead a bit.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • This made me remember of something that almost happened when I was 28 and the girl was 20.
  • My friend is 22 and is seeing someone who's 37.
  • Scott Pilgrim is dating a high-schooler!?
  • You feel creepy over 3 years?
  • I did the 18/25 split when I was 25. She was extremely intelligent, which allowed her to bluff more maturity than she actually possessed. It was very short lived, although the sex was temporarily fantastic.
  • You feel creepy over 3 years?
    In the US there are some weird boundary lines between things like "High school" person and "College" person that are definitely factors. It can range from non-issue to very creepy, especially if it's a repeat offender that seems to be perpetually hovering around girls just past the statuatory line.
  • I'm not fussed by big age gaps alone, even if one of them is 18-20. If the older one is clearly taking advantage of the younger one then yeah, it's creepy, but it isn't safe to assume that automatically. People are too varied and complex to think that an 18-year-old can't have a healthy relationship with somebody in their late 20s.
  • An ex-colleague of mine had a simple formula to work out if it was "acceptable" to date some one age wise. It was half your age plus 7.
  • An ex-colleague of mine had a simple formula to work out if it was "acceptable" to date some one age wise. It was half your age plus 7.
    This is pretty common.
  • This conversation actually makes me feel way better about myself, considering Chris is nearly two years younger than me. The thing is, we're at pretty much the same place in life and in a lot of ways, we balance out really well. I do think he and I have different ideas about dating in some ways, but those ideas also tend to balance each other out so... really, the 2 years thing doesn't make any difference, despite the fact that people pick on me about it constantly.