This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• If she holds your hand while you're throwing up, and you guys still make it to the club, she's yours forever.
  • Speaking of which, guys, the person I'm dating has officially enjoyed watching MLP:FiM with me, but doesn't like Archer at all.

...I am conflicted.
  • She knows too much.

Kill her.
  • Speaking of which, guys, the person I'm dating has officially enjoyed watching MLP:FiM with me, but doesn't like Archer at all.

...I am conflicted.
    You got the shitty end of that deal if you ask me.
  • edited November 2012
    Sometimes people don't like the things you like, and that's okay. However:
    You got the shitty end of that deal if you ask me.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah, you're right, though I'd like to be very candid here. It is the oddest feeling getting busy with MLP in the background. The oddest.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I'm not sure I could perform with MLP on.
  • edited November 2012
    I thought this went without saying, but apparently not: MLP should not be involved in smexing. What is this, 4chan?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I thought this went without saying, but apparently not: MLP should not be involved in smexing. What is this, 4chan?
    I dunno if that can be an absolute rule. I believe it could be done right. It would take the proper context though. For instance, last night Nuri used a fire attack on Pete's steely exterior, and it was super effective. Twice.

• Sometimes, I like to waggle Peter Jr. around and shout "Wobbuffet!" In that voice.

So, y'know. Different strokes for different folks.
  • You got the Wobbuffet voice stuck in my head.
  • Pokemon is probably bedroom-friendly, but this was my face when I read "fire attack":

• What can I say? Sometimes the smoulder gets out of hand.
  • I thought this went without saying, but apparently not: MLP should not be involved in smexing. What is this, 4chan?
    Well, to be fair, MLP wasn't really "involved". It was in an auto-rotating playlist and came on in the middle of the action. When it did, I had a sudden moment of realization, but did not feel like changing it. It was odd.
  • There's a crazy amount of weirdness involved in MLP, mostly entirely because of MPL fans. If you don't self-identify as a brony you will have no problems because in a vacuum it is a fun show, which is why we were all attracted to it in the first place.

If you do self-identify as a brony, god help you.
  • There's a crazy amount of weirdness involved in MLP, mostly entirely because of MPL fans. If you don't self-identify as a brony you will have no problems because in a vacuum it is a fun show, which is why we were all attracted to it in the first place.

If you do self-identify as a brony, god help you.
    Pretty much.
  • Is it really a "crazy amount" when considered as a proportion of the total? Isn't this kind of thing really just a natural consequence of having a large and active fanbase?
  • edited November 2012
    Edit: Rym said it much better than I did.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • It's amazing how rapidly the word "brony" moved from:

1. Nonexistent - dudes just started liking My Little Pony.

2. Innovator - the bleeding edge of fandom started using it as self-identification social currency.

3. Early Adopter - fan sites exploded, and a "community" arose around the term (rather than individual people using it as a label).

4. Internet Mainstream - The word became the defacto label for basically anyone who was a fan of the show.

5. Specialization - The community tightened and specialized, "reserving" the term for people who were part of said community, rather than simply for all fans.

6. Furries - The hardcore community did what all communities on the Internet like this do, and conflated their use of the term with their perceived "persecution." Brony now refers, to anyone outside of the periphery of the fandom, to a scary Internet dude.
  • I think it's an unfortunately side effect of being so close to an active fanbase (this forum). Normally I don't see all the fan stuff associated with a show.
  • Sorry, but here's some perspective that you all are too close to the subject to have: Bronies ARE scary internet dudes.
  • But who are bronies now?
  • Sorry, but here's some perspective that you all are too close to the subject to have: Bronies ARE scary internet dudes.
    Only in the sense that the term means to that community effectively what "furry" means to the Internet at large.
  • edited November 2012
    Most things and eventually or already MLP:FIM have been ruined by scary internet dudes.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Most things and eventually or already MLP:FIM are ruined by scary internet dudes.
    Nah. The beauty of scary Internet dudes is that they are easily avoided and small in number.
  • edited November 2012
    But who are bronies now?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited November 2012
    Most things and eventually or already MLP:FIM are ruined by scary internet dudes.
    Nah. The beauty of scary Internet dudes is that they are easily avoided and small in number.
    Agreed.
    Brony now refers, to anyone outside of the periphery of the fandom, to a scary Internet dude.
    Is this specific to the term "brony", or this something that is now generally associated with active/vocal fans of the show, or even just anyone who so much as watches it?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Nothing was more sad then watching the "Brony society" and freshers day trying to snare people. They did nothing to help themselves with their rampant elitesim and douchebagary.
  • What the hell is freshers?