This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Is there any way to turn this into a hilarious bar story?
    Years worth of free drinks in this story!

It would make a weird comic for sure.
    Years worth of free drinks in this story!
    Sounds to me like it was ultimately worth it.
  • Doesn't matter, had sex?
  • edited May 2013
    Hmmm....

A bunch of unrelated threads now become related.

Let's make a tabletop role playing game that is supposed to give you real-life romance skills, sell it all culty like Abundance, and have pretty men and women run flirty demos of it at conventions and local gaming stores.
    The shittiest of talk, but this one is also a great goddamn idea.
    I volunteer to demo it and I also nominate Churba. Women have been more flirty with me since I grew my hair out and Churba is, well, Churba.

Sorry to hear about it, Steve, but you seem pretty well for it.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I gave her until today to leave and last night she was in tears telling me she only has three months to live. A few hours later she asked me to give her six months to get her furniture out of the house?!?!?!?
  • Call the police.
  • Call the police.
    Threaten to call the police.

• She is gone. Don't know if she will return for furniture or not.

I spent most of today cleaning. For an out of work stay at home girlfriend she did not do a lot of cleaning.
  • Change the locks. ;^)
  • Change the locks. ;^)
    I had new locks in my car two days ago. As soon as she left I put the new ones in.

• Call the police.
    Threaten to call the police.
    Threaten the police.
  • Don't put your dick in the crazy girl!

I had a good friend who went through something similar: about 8 months with a cancer-sick boyfriend and it turned out he didn't have cancer at all. It was all a sick joke. No money was involved, just a lot of fucked up manipulation. And when she talked to the boyfriend's family, they said he'd done similar a few times in the past.

It's from stories like hers and yours which convinced me that many more people out there are fucked up than we first realise, and that we need to share stories like this more so others aren't taken in. It's hard to admit you were tricked so badly for so long, but it's important to warn others!
  • edited May 2013
    When the crazies use the same story over and over again they learn where the holes are and patch them. My crazy ex had a good story with lots of "proof" but she never used the story against a geek so when I actually took the time to look and investigate it all fell apart quickly.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • We geeks are smarter than the average bear.
  • We bears are rawr.
  • It took me a while because the majority of her claims could not be proved either way online. The 80's rocker she impersonated has zero social media presence. I had to search a newspaper archive to find out details on his life.
  • It took me a while because the majority of her claims could not be proved either way online. The 80's rocker she impersonated has zero social media presence. I had to search a newspaper archive to find out details on his life.
    Dude, I think if you are untrusting of someone to the level that you are searching newspaper articles for evidence against them, you should probably be breaking that relationship off whether you find said evidence or not. Relationship depends on trust. You clearly didn't trust her. That in itself is enough of a reason not to keep dating the woman.

• Relationship depends on trust. You clearly didn't trust her. That in itself is enough of a reason not to keep dating the woman.
  • I bought a very nice couch today.
  • edited May 2013
    I bought a very nice couch today.
    Are you dating it?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited May 2013
    I bought a very nice couch today.
    Are you dating it?
    No, but I'm probably going to date some people on it. The news felt relevant to this thread's interests.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    Are you dating it?
    Don't scoff. This step was a very important part of Pete's courtship.

Are you dating it?
    Don't scoff. This step was a very important part of Pete's courtship.

I think you are mistaking buying couches for breaking couches.
  • I fully support the purchase of sturdy pieces of furniture with sexing as the primary focus.

Sturdy being the key word there.
  • edited May 2013
    The couch is very sturdy, and also has a chaise.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Also, and I'm telling everyone this for their benefit:

The smell of burned kelp is a turn-off.
  • I fully support the purchase of sturdy pieces of furniture with sexing cuddling as the primary focus.

Sturdy being the key word there.
    Edited for accuracy.