This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Biggest thing you absolutely need is the fallout plan for what happens if breakup. Conversation sucks, but you both need backups, either for how one of you pays for the apartment/house yourself and where the other goes, or how you stay civil and live in the same apartment/house.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • GF and I are trying to map out the potential pitfalls of moving in together. Idea being we want to identify and resolve annoyances before they piss us off. It's exhausting.
    Has she ever stayed with you for longer than a weekend? Have her "move in" for two or three weeks. Or you go to her place. Either way. That's how you discover things like the fact that no matter where the empty laundry basket I'm currently using to do laundry is located, Pete will find it and put the clothes he just took off into it. Or the fact that he folds towels WRONG, so I insist on folding them all because I am apparently a bizarre towel control freak.
  • Clothes. Piles of clothes everywhere! We are both guilty of this. It's ok.

As long as you can stand each other's stinky bad warm farts, you'll be golden.
  • As long as you can stand each other's stinky bad warm farts, you'll be golden.
    Are you kidding? I can't even stand my OWN.

Also, you have to be okay with her heckling you while you poop.

• Well what I mean by stand, is don't break up over a stinky fart.

Heckling while the other is pooping is fun times.
  • Great advice as always.
  • Food. There stuff that you used to scarff down suddenly you have to share, gone are the days of eating four cheap ass BLTs. Also chewing, sounds small but odds are you will be eating the majority of your meals together better hope they don't sound like a cement mixer.
  • Bullshit. Eat all the cheap ass BLTs you want. Just make sure there's some for her, too.
  • We've already gotten past food as an obstacle.
  • The best way to handle warm farts is a fart-off of some kind. Like dueling banjos, except everyone loses and the couch will never be the same.

And I concur with the "try it for a couple of weeks" thing. Test the waters. Know, however, that no amount of experimentation will actually properly test the move-in, since living together is in and of itself a form of relationship experiment.

Good luck!
  • I do loud, the significant other does smelly. And by smelly I mean verging on deadly. It's a good balance.
  • Finding glee in bowel activity is a sign of a healthy relationship. Life's too short not to laugh at farts.
  • I do loud, the significant other does smelly. And by smelly I mean verging on deadly. It's a good balance.
    I feel I was lied to my entire life. Women are supposed to be all dainty and roses and shit, but no - farts of death. Should be regulated like chemical weapons. God.

I mean, I let some bad ones - but I'm an ogre, so that's expected.

• I mean, I let some bad ones - but I'm an ogre, so that's expected.
    Male privilege!

:P

• Fuckin' right it is. I love my privilege. I embrace my privilege.
  • No one truly wins the fart wars, but when you get one going lots of laughs and gagging will follow.

Knowing you can make a guy fall to the ground based on a fart is a true achievement of its own.
  • Bullshit. Eat all the cheap ass BLTs you want. Just make sure there's some for her, too.
    I feel you got the wrong end of the stick. I meant the eating a load of junk food and not caring rather than sharing. Like coming home and finding that they have eaten a whole bag of chips, the actual ones not crisps, or eaten half a loaf of bread as they were hungry.

• Mine is so soft and cushiony, that is awesome for sexy times.
    Also, that sofa on the picture looks a little smaller than the one I have.
    Also,
    Best couch for my money
    That's the couch that I have. The covers are washable, so if you are having a party or making the sexies, you're...covered! It's really kinda stiff, though, so take it to the bed as soon as you can.
    This!
    I opted for this one.
  • Wait, so does this mean you're going to use it for...Kivik-ies?
  • I've been looking over the various dating sites out there. Those things are expensive!!!!! Not just that but their pricing model seems ass-backwards.

Why would I prepay for a year? Are you telling me it is going to take a year of your service before I find someone? Where is the cheap one week or one month trial? I might not even like your service.

I did reactivate my OKC profile and what did I find? The same women in my area since I used it a year ago!
  • OKC is definitely stagnant. I find it can only work well if you get lucky, honestly. XP
  • OKC is definitely stagnant. I find it can only work well if you get lucky, honestly. XP
    Live in a city. Then it works just fine.
    Live in a city. Then it works just fine.
    That's actually a very good point. Maybe after I graduate.
  • I was gonna say I've known tons of people it worked for.

But they all live in cities.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm in a college town and it did work pretty well when I was college age. I mostly made friends, but that helped widen my social circle.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • It worked for me once, but that seemed like a lucky break. Also, lots of RIT students are not on OKC. Especially RIT girls. They do not need a social website to be social.
  • Where I live in CT is just outside of Fairfield county so if I change my search from 25 to 50 miles I end up with results from NYC and Long Island. It's bad enough that their version of 25 miles is often more like 40 but going to 50 crowds my results with NY people.
  • edited May 2013
    It almost worked for me, but that fell apart because she lives in a city and I don't.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited May 2013
    Gees guys just mac on the in relationship/married chicks till you peal them off their "loser" sig other. That's what has been happening among people I watch from a distance :-P
    Post edited by Cremlian on