This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Why would you turn down free food?
  • Right Steve, gotta go on the dates for free stuff.
  • Right Steve, gotta go on the dates for free stuff.
    It's just lunch. Who knows, she might be Mrs. Right, or at least Mrs. Right Now?

• Today my coworker basically demanded my math and a date...
    What does that even mean?

And why did you turn her down? Lunch seems like a nice time to get to know someone.
  • Today my coworker basically demanded my math and a date...
    Maybe "math" is slang for "penis." I can't keep up with kids these days.
  • edited April 2013
    Today my coworker basically demanded my math and a date...
    Maybe "math" is slang for "penis." I can't keep up with kids these days.
    That would make Adventure Time really creepy.
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • edited April 2013
    Today my coworker basically demanded my math and a date...
    Math means phone number. I was just thinking about that the other day. I don't know where it came from, but that term is common in black southern dialects. It's funny that somebody can say it without confusing people.

David, you shoulda had had lunch with her. Free food and a new person to talk to are not opportunities I take for granted.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited April 2013
    Today my coworker basically demanded my math and a date in front of all my other coworkers and I didn't know how to gracefully say, "I don't know you that well so nawwwww." She even said, "Let me buy you lunch."

It was really stressful and I'm sorry to anyone I've ever done this to.
    SO GO ON A DATE TO GET TO KNOW HER BETTER. GOSH. YOU KIDS TODAY.

EDIT: Option 2: Dave is being alpha as fuck, being all like "Woman, I ain't got time for your affections. I got science to wreak." Bitches love science.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Or maybe the girl was just coming off as really needy and clingy without actually having a reason to be. Guys get turned down for being like that all the time. Girls can be like that too. Free lunch is not worth it if you're getting a bunch of bad vibes from the situation.
  • Or even if she seems cool but you just don't want to. It's fine to have your own desires.
  • I'm pretty sure we are making a joke here about never turning down a free lunch.
  • Just found out that this one girl I've been hanging out with recently was hidding the fact that she has a boyfriend "so things wouldn't get weird between us." What? I mean, I was never looking for a relationship with her, but her "we need to talk" delivery sparked all sort of mayday alarms inside my head.

Doesn't really belong to the dating thread, but it's the closest thread that fits.
  • edited April 2013
    Just found out that this one girl I've been hanging out with recently was hidding the fact that she has a boyfriend "so things wouldn't get weird between us." What? I mean, I was never looking for a relationship with her, but her "we need to talk" delivery sparked all sort of mayday alarms inside my head.
    Welp, if it wasn't weird before it sure is weird now.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited April 2013
    Just a FYI behavior like that usually denotes some sort of attraction felt by her. Most of the time people let someone know they are in a relationship quickly to try and ensure things don't happen. Hiding that fact means..... who knows...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • who knows...
    Exactly.
  • She's probably crazy.
  • She's probably crazy.
    Yeah, the ones that ask guys out always are. :P *hides*
  • edited April 2013
    EDIT: Option 2: Dave is being alpha as fuck, being all like "Woman, I ain't got time for your affections. I got science to wreak." Bitches love science.
    Pretty much this. She asked me to add together two amounts of money that were less than ten dollars, despite having already set up the equation on the receipt. Not being able to do receipt math is a kind of a dealbreaker. Also, she spent a lot of time at work talking about her general lack of ambition, passion, and drive. There are few faster ways to make me disinterested.

I'm talking to another girl who is also all about getting her PhD. She has a host of cool body mods and likes Workaholics. That's way more my speed right now: smart, interesting people who know what they want and have a lot of fun while they work toward that.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Oh Liking Workaholics is a bad sign ;-p
  • I know I've mentioned the "Don't Put your dick in the crazy girl" advice and song before in this thread. Here's a performance of the song I recorded last night. Enjoy!

• edited April 2013
    She's probably crazy.
    Yeah, the ones that ask guys out always are. :P *hides*
    It makes things exciting!

Post edited by Ametto on
  • edited April 2013
    Anrild introduced me to a girl who is an art major, is doing the Disney College Program in the fall like I am, and ended her last relationship because her ex didn't appreciate her love of Disney. Also, she's really, really pretty.

I need to not mess this up.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Step 1: don't be preoccupied with not messing it up.
  • Step 2. drink tea, and keep calm.
  • edited April 2013
    Step 3: PROFIT!!!
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Don't worry you'll probably mess up but at least it will be a good story later! Always aim for a good story, can't lose!
  • Just hang out with her, be cool, talk about stuff, and if it feels like it wouldn't mess things up, go in. Otherwise, be happy to have a cool new friend who likes Disney and who you will already know ahead of time when you go to Disney in the Fall.
  • Yeah, see the problem is hanging out with her, girl is super busy all the time. I had not been trying to really rush anything because of the idea that we would at least be friends during the college program, but the fact that the semester is less than a month away from being over is kind of freaking me out and making me try to step forward a little bit.
  • If everything fails, yell, "Smokebomb", and run away.
  • Told Jed's family formally that we were no longer together. Then we were free to tell the universe.

Wanna know how we both know this is right. We tried to kiss and it was VERY weird. Like that scene in Scott Pilgrim vol. 6.

I have a best friend and some time to enjoy the single life. :3