This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I'm telling you its all the tea that we drink. Coupled with a killer selection of cakes our ladies are off the chain when it comes to relations.
    England is indeed a fascinating country when it comes to sexuality. It's astounding how many people are kinky, and very self-aware sexually, but it's locked down tight, kept all away to yourselves, something not discussed, but rather kept to the back room away from prying eyes.
    How do I access this mythical back room?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • How do I access this mythical back room?
    You don't really. Its like the London bellow. It finds you. Then again you are going to Manchester so I hope you like bad teeth and crappy accents.
  • How do I access this mythical back room?
    You don't really. Its like the London bellow. It finds you. Then again you are going to Manchester so I hope you like bad teeth and crappy accents.
    Newcastle, actually. I'll be in London fairly frequently, though.
  • Newcastle is even worse! Gads man! Where abouts in London are you going?
    No idea yet. I'll figure that out when I get there. Can't be helped about the city; Newcastle was the only option. Killer med school, though. And Edinburgh and Amsterdam are both mighty close.
  • Yeah they might be close my US measurements but Edinburgh still takes the best part of a day to get to. London does have some okish cons. MCMX is coming up in October.
  • Best part of a day is trivial when getting to the next awesome city from Chicago by car or train takes two days.
  • Oh you say that now. UK national transport will change that. We really need to start putting this on the pamphlet when people come over.
  • edited August 2011
    Cool. So you're Australian then? I just want to get it straight.
    Very much so, yes, born and bred.
    Newcastle, actually. I'll be in London fairly frequently, though.
    Newcastle, aye? I'm pretty sure I know the crew from the Newcastle munch, as well as the York and Leeds munch. Easy enough to put you in contact.
    Yeah they might be close my US measurements but Edinburgh still takes the best part of a day to get to. London does have some okish cons. MCMX is coming up in October.
    It really is pretty trivial, like WUB said. I know very well what you're saying, I went to London by Bus and train more than once, and it's not that bad, really. You just have to book in advance or they charge like pissed off malee bulls.
    I also love the varying answers to questions, as if we were a group of children bombarding Churba with questions.
    Oh god no, I just talk a lot, and you're all saying different things. Not good with children.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Oh you say that now. UK national transport will change that. We really need to start putting this on the pamphlet when people come over.
    What is this thing you call a "contraflow?"
  • Related question anyone think dating sites are worth it? Like is there actually a site where people (for the most part) actually hook up and date one another or is it more of a rare gem that it even occurs.
  • Related question anyone think dating sites are worth it? Like is there actually a site where people (for the most part) actually hook up and date one another or is it more of a rare gem that it even occurs.
    A friend of mine is notorious in our gang for using OKCupid to set up late-night booty calls, so I guess if that's what you're into, they could work. Otherwise, no idea.
    A friend of mine is notorious in our gang for using OKCupid to set up late-night booty calls, so I guess if that's what you're into, they could work. Otherwise, no idea.
    Yea booty calls are not my cup of tea...
  • Yea booty calls are not my cup of tea...
    Nor mine. I will say that everyone I've ever met who has had a relationship that developed from meeting online didn't do it through a dating site. My sample size is small (five people, maybe six, one of which is happily married to the guy she met), but take from that what you will.
  • I tried to tell him that Thumper was Ryan's for 10 years before he was mine, so it would be 10 years of humping a guy before he'd get to sleep on my tits. This didn't deter him. I think that's the creepiest part.
    Ahahaha!
    Bunnies~!
    No idea yet. I'll figure that out when I get there. Can't be helped about the city; Newcastle was the only option. Killer med school, though. And Edinburgh and Amsterdam are both mighty close.
    Amsterdam, while a fun time, is kinda overrated and filled will all of the UK's excess stoners.
    Current girlfriend met on OkCupid. Together about 10 weeks now. Very happy. Read back through this thread for the details.
    I met two nice girls on OKCupid, but while the digital conversations were mildly interesting, the IRL convos were dry bread. Dry bread: it needs butter, jam, or something; you can't just have dry bread.

I think OKC is fine enough so long as you use it properly and you are in an area where other people actually use it. Grad students seem to dig it because they never leave the lab, so you'll probably do alright in any college town.
  • Amsterdam, while a fun time, is kinda overrated and filled will all of the UK's excess stoners.
    I've heard as much, but for all the hype Nine builds up, I might as well visit.
  • Ok, here's a question. How many times has that image actually occurred to people here?
  • More often than not...
  • I see it all the time, when I get asked out. It's awkward since it happens off guard and usually I want to person to be my friend, but after rejection they never want to be friends.
  • More often than not...
  • More often than not...
  • Was asking for specifics. I already have the notion from this entire thread along with the Fail thread that it's "more often than not". Anyone care to share specific stories?
  • edited August 2011
    I feel stupid, I can't figure out the picture. I think its one of those things where your brain has to look at it the right way, like an optical illusion, and mine's not doing that. ;-;

Edit: NM, Andrew just explained to me. -_-
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • Last year I spent some time with a girl, and it turned out she wasn't single. This year I met her again, and she was in a new relationship and so was I. And then I met her again last week, and this time she was single but I wasn't. Sucks! One day we might meet and we'll both be single, and something might happen. But for now we'll both be frustrated when we meet.

Sucks! Except I'm very happy with my current girlfriend. That's better than a hypothetical fling with someone who would be nothing more than a long distance maybe on or off non-relationship without benefits.
  • More often than not...
  • Storytime! >:(