This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Words of advice for everyone, don't ever do anything you'd be ashamed to admit in a court room.
  • Clearly the best solution is to not be ashamed of anything.
  • Just totally be like,
    "What, she said we had sex? It's cause we did. With my penis. She was all up in this. Yep." Say it rather casually, like nothing's a big deal.
  • Words of advice for everyone, don't ever do anything you'd be ashamed to admit in a court room.
    You assume I'm not the kind of man who would look the judge in the eye. While Masturbating.
  • You assume I'm not the kind of man who would look the judge in the eye. While Masturbating.
    I'd never assume you weren't that kind of man.
  • Churba, if you weren't that kind of man, we'd all be disappointed in you. We expect more after all this time.
  • You assume I'm not the kind of man who would look the judge in the eye. While Masturbating.
    I would then rightly assume that an entirely new set of charges would come your way (along with cuffs throughout your future court appearances).
    I would then rightly assume that an entirely new set of charges would come your way (along with cuffs throughout your future court appearances).
    ...And he'd still find a way to do it again. Silat makes a man flexible.
  • edited September 2011
    You assume I'm not the kind of man who would look the judge in the eye. While Masturbating.
    I think there might be more coming the judge's way.

I swear, I think my mind jumps back to high school every once in a while...
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Let's Just Be Friends
    This song is retroactively my theme song for the last 3 years.
  • I have to say that being a divorced male with an awesome job makes you highly sought after in the dating world. I'm amazed by the stories woman tell me about unemployed guys hitting on them and shit.

If I had known things would be this good I'd have gotten divorced years ago. It's like I'm 21 again and the woman of the world have suddenly decided that nerds are sexy!
  • I have to say that being a divorced male with an awesome job makes you highly sought after in the dating world. I'm amazed by the stories woman tell me about unemployed guys hitting on them and shit.

If I had known things would be this good I'd have gotten divorced years ago. It's like I'm 21 again and the woman of the world have suddenly decided that nerds are sexy!
    Now we know why you haven't been around a lot lately! Whoring it up :-p

Now we know why you haven't been around a lot lately! Whoring it up :-p
    You have no idea. Getting out of a bad situation does wonders for your life.

It's one of those things where while you are living through it you try and rationalize the problems away. You spend time wondering if it the problem really is you. Then, once you get away you realize just how bad things were.

Me during marriage: Yeah, she drove a nail through my head... but, it wasn't a rusty nail.
    Me after divorce: I can't believe that bitch drove a nail into my head! WTF was I thinking sticking around for so long?

(paraphrasing of course, no nails went into my head.)
  • It's one of those things where while you are living through it you try and rationalize the problems away. You spend time wondering if it the problem really is you. Then, once you get away you realize just how bad things were.
    Good on you! More people need to be able to self-assess and make the choices that are best for them in the long run. It's good to have you back. ;^)
  • On the other hand, we are only getting one side of the story. Who knows, maybe she is on some other forum going "Tick was such a dick!"
    Well, in any case, if the general happiness of both parties has been increased by a split, good!
  • Happy divorce!
    It's one of those things where while you are living through it you try and rationalize the problems away. You spend time wondering if it the problem really is you. Then, once you get away you realize just how bad things were.
    Good on you! More people need to be able to self-assess and make the choices that are best for them in the long run. It's good to have you back. ;^)
    I wish a lot of folks I know could do the same.
  • Well, in any case, if the general happiness of both parties has been increased by a split, good!
    Well, if general happiness is only increased for one of the parties after a split, then there was a fundamental flaw in the relationship anyway.
  • Well, if general happiness is only increased for one of the parties after a split, then there was a fundamental flaw in the relationship anyway.
  • Well, in any case, if the general happiness of both parties has been increased by a split, good!
    Well, if general happiness is only increased for one of the parties after a split, then there was a fundamental flaw in the relationship anyway.
    I'm happy and she's miserable.

My girlfriends have been even happier. It's been like going from playing a COD game made by Treyarch on hardcore to one made by Infinity Ward on easy.
  • edited September 2011
    Edited: Actually, scratch that. I don't know what went on. I shouldn't say mean things.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • On the other hand, we are only getting one side of the story. Who knows, maybe she is on some other forum going "Tick was such a dick!"
    Well, in any case, if the general happiness of both parties has been increased by a split, good!
    She still calls and texts me to tell me I'm a dick!
  • edited September 2011
    Maybe you were, in some respects. Nobody is perfect.
    Like I said, I withhold judgement because I don't know about you, and I know that in some relationships the female partner can be verbally or physically abusive, but going on the fact that you just breezed in here to brag about your promiscuity, I can't say that I am completely convinced that you were a put upon paragon of virtue during the relationship.
    Anyway, as long as your kids are okay, that's well and good.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • All fair points but I didn't say how many girlfriends I had sex with ;) I merely pointed out that a man in my situation has a lot of opportunities.

I am a dick though and I don't deny it. But I'm the endearing sort of dick (in person). The kind of guy who causes all sorts of awkward situations but also has your back when you need it most.
  • I can't say that I am completely convinced that you were a put upon paragon of virtue during the relationship.
    "I AM SUCH A PARAGON."
  • "I AM SUCH A PARAGON."
    That may be true, but I'll still punch a reporter.
  • "I AM SUCH A PARAGON."
    That may be true, but I'll still punch a reporter.
    Watch yo back, Jason.
  • I think I got stood up...or she fell asleep :(
  • I think I got stood up...or she fell asleep :(
    That's fucking cold-blooded, either way.
  • Yup :( I mean it wasn't an actual date or anything but we were going to play Kirby's Epic Yarn together again and watch Spirited Away.