This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• I just saw Weezer tonight. They played for free at Ohio State on the south oval (big open part of campus). It was definitely a great show. They played all their big hits, plus some lesser known songs. Their guitarist played Eruption towards the end of the show and did a fantastic job on it. They also did some weird Kids by MGMT and Poker Face song at the end, which actually went really well.
  • Just saw those pictures of the ridiculous U2 set. It looked like the monster from the end of Watchmen was descending on the stage.

I will be attending Wootstock in NYC on Oct 29th, and Ben Folds in Philly on Nov 13th.
  • Not music, but I'm probably gonna go see Ralphie May when he comes to do our free homecoming comedy thing. Ludacris' gonna be at our homecoming concert but as awesome as he is (don't much care for his music) there's no way in HELL I'm gonna sit through LMFAO to see him.
  • edited September 2010
    I am seriously thinking on going to see Metric late on October! :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I'm going to see Senses Fail featuring some bands I've never heard of and eventually I'll see Chiodos with Atreyu and Bless The Fall.
    All you metal guys don't hate, In my adolescent mind I like to think that Chiodos is pretty good, though Atreyu had it's run and I only really liked them because their drummer sang and I think that's really cool (Me being a drummer).
  • Blind Guardian on the 20th of November, and possibly the 21st as well. I'm not going to miss a chance to see these guys.
  • Bob Dylan next month.
  • Not a concert, but Pee Wee Herman is doing a 10-weeks-only show on Broadway. I've saw his adult-skewed performances from back in the day re-aired on Comedy Central a few years back, and grew up with the kid's show version, so this would probably be hilarious to watch. Tickets are expensive, so not buying yet, but this could be a potential "lets spend our christmas money on this for each other" gift.
  • Blind Guardianon the 20th of November, and possibly the 21st as well. I'm not going to miss a chance to see these guys.
    They aren't coming to a city near me at a time that I can actually go see them. That makes me so sad.
  • Video Games Live.
  • While it's not a concert, I'm pretty excited for the Brew and Boo at the T.U. Center. 5 hours of unlimited beer sampling and food for 35$.
  • Tonight!

• Does MAGfest concerts count? If so then all of those :)
  • Bob Dylan is playing here tomorrow night. I dunno if I'll get to go or not.
  • Friday after next (11/5) I'm going to see Overkill in Rochester. Two weeks later, 11/18, I'm going to see Scar Symmetry. In February, going to see Finntroll.
  • edited October 2010
    In February, going to see Finntroll.
    SNAP!

Looking for Chicago dates now.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. They're billed with Ensiferum.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Friday after next (11/5) I'm going to see Overkill in Rochester. Two weeks later, 11/18, I'm going to see Scar Symmetry. In February, going to see Finntroll.
    Blind Guardian is not on that list. Why is Blind Guardian not on that list?
  • Blind Guardian is not on that list. Why is Blind Guardian not on that list?
    Their tour schedule perfectly aligns with when I won't be near each city. They're coming to Toronto (reasonable driving distance from Rochester) the weekend that I'm in Connecticut, etc. Rochester's a pretty shitty place to be for concerts. I wish I lived closer to New York City!
  • Anamanaguchi in Rochester!
  • Anamanaguchi inRochester!
    Tonight! ProfPangloss is coming too.

(3x thread necromancy combo bonus!)
  • Aw hells yeah! Plan is to tag along for Finntroll too. And oh hey, being a poor college kid doesn't bother me, since I got my tickets in advance! :O
  • Seeing Blind Guardian live this Friday in Philly! Never been there so if anyone else going wants to hang, let me know.

• Ben Folds is playing the Beacon Theater in NYC on Dec 14th.
  • Seeing Blind Guardian live this Friday Saturday in Philly New York! Never been there so if anyone else going wants to hang, let me know.
  • Anamanaguchi inRochester!
    The Bug Jar was 80% RIT nerds and 20% hipsters. Revengineers, a Rochester chiptune band, was awesome. Starscream started off really strong, but kind of lost it after a few minutes. Anamanaguchi is, as I'm sure many of you know from PAX, pretty damn awesome.

Next concert is Thursday (Scar Symmetry). Wow, I've been going to a lot of concerts this year.
  • Seeing Blind Guardian live this Friday in Philly! Never been there so if anyone else going wants to hang, let me know.
    hmmm... Blind guardian in Philly....hmmmm
  • hmmm... Blind guardian in Philly....hmmmm
    You should go.
  • Blackguard are FANTASTIC performers. Scar Symmetry headlined and was obviously musically the best, but I had way more fun watching Blackguard perform. Those guys (actually, the drummer's a girl) are REALLY fun to watch. I'm considering going to the Deicide concert in March just for them.

Also: Thanks to earplugs, I'm not deaf today!
  • Also: Thanks to earplugs, I'm not deaf today!
    Do you have the GeekNights recommended earplugs that decrease sound at 20db equally at all frequencies?

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.html
  • Blackguard are FANTASTIC performers.
    Saw them in Worcester once. The crowd formed a non-stop circle pit for their entire set.

And I mean non-stop. At one point, the vocalist stepped back from the mic and mouthed "what the fuck" at the audience.

It was ridiculous.