This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Why won't you come to England Andrew Jackson Jihad? I personally could get at least 70 people to a AJJ gig and that is only among teenagers in Barnet and Camden. *sigh*
    You should email them.
    Holy shit, I need to email them like right now.

In other news, fucking Lollapalooza in 1 week. I am staying in a 37th floor apartment on the lake to avoid having to commute. Fuck yes.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Might be going to seeRushin September, but thats about it.
    Hey, I'm going to that exact same show. It's gonna be full of awesome.
    I've seen Rush, they are incredible.
  • edited August 2010
    Shows I saw this weekend:

--Soundgarden. 25ft from the stage for the first hour of the first show they've put on in 15 years. It was incredible; for the second hour the volume had driven me back to the lawn several hundred feet from the stage, and Black Hole Sun was still borderline painful. What a show.
    --Lady Gaga. Oh mans, this surprised me with how fucking crazy and awesome it was. I have never seen a more well-designed, intricate, and hypnotic piece of performance art anywhere. And let me give credit where credit is due: Gaga might be known for synthy pop songs, but she has killer piano chops.
    --Phoenix. Totally fucking killer. The crowd was so chill and into the music too. It was a great headliner choice.
    --DEVO. Mark Mothersbaugh and the guys have still got it. They sounded and acted like they did back when their first album broke, with boiler suits, energy domes and all. That show was so much fun.
    --Gogol Bordello. PARTY!
    --Wolfmother. Goddamn, are they awesome live. Their keyboardist jumped up on his lower keyboard and played it with his feet while rocking out on the upper one with his hands for Joker and The Thief. That's rock and roll.
    --Balkan Beat Box. Second only to Gogol Bordello in terms of the raw energy they pulled from the crowd. It was all about that klezmer-informed sax.
    --Los Amigos Invisibles. Venezuelan Electro Acid-Funk? YES PLEASE.
    --Metric. This band is likely the perfect fit for the Scott Pilgrim movie.
    --Company of Thieves. So good.
    --Yeasayer. The crowd never stopped moving, it was a blast.
    --Blitzen Trapper. Truly incredible live. Their albums really don't do them justice.
    --The Black Keys. Holy fucking shit, the jams these guys laid down. It was everything I wanted.
    --Blues Traveler. Am I a dork for liking this? Yes. Was it still fucking awesome? Totally. They covered "Creep" and "What I got." With fucking harmonica.
    --Matt & Kim. What I saw was crazy good. I hear tell they covered Biz Markie's "Just A Friend." Missing that is my only Lolla regret.
    --Chromeo. Awesome jams.
    --Company of Thieves. Awesome, not-so-well-known Chicago folk pop outfit. Great music and a lot of fun. Check it out sometime.
    --Cut Copy

So yeah, Lolla killed, but I am burnt out.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Not a concert, but got some tickets to see Chris Hardwick doing his stand-up comedy in Philadelphia on August 25th. I've been listening to his podcast on The Nerdist for a long time now, and I recommend checking it out.
  • --Wolfmother. Goddamn, are they awesome live. Their keyboardist jumped up on his lower keyboard and played it with his feet while rocking out on the upper one with his hands for Joker and The Thief. That's rock and roll.
    Hell yeah, son!
    --The Black Keys. Holy fucking shit, the jams these guys laid down. It was everything I wanted.
    These guys are excellent.
  • Anamanaguchi next Thursday.
  • Shows I saw this weekend:
    Gees I only know about half of those bands and it sounded awesome.
  • Ozzfest.
  • U2 in about two hours.
  • U2 in about two hours.
    Lucky bastard.
  • edited August 2010
    It
    Pano
    was
    Blue
    EPIC!
    Green
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • That's quite excessive.
  • edited August 2010
    That's quite excessive.
    It's U2. That was all needed to house Bono's ego.

EIDT: That's one hell of an impressive setup, though.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2010
    That's quite excessive.
    I can imagine a similar thing happening once Rym: The Musical opens.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • That's quite excessive.
    I can imagine a similar thing happening onceRym: The Musicalopens.
    Singing animatronic mudkips with Rym strutting about on stage wearing a codpiece.

Anyway, the next concerts I'm going to will be the ones at PAX.
  • Gorillaz is coming near me in October. If only it wasn't wicked expensive and on a Tuesday.
  • I just saw REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar at Bethel Woods (site of Woodstock) last night. The show was fun, the venue was spectacular - lawn seats are the way to go there.
  • Anyone gonna be in the Rochester/Syracuse area this Thursday that likes Rush? Have an extra ticket to them at the New York State Fair in Syracuse. $75.
  • edited August 2010
    FYF Fest this Saturday and probably Andrew Jackson Jihad next Wednesday.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Anyone gonna be in the Rochester/Syracuse area this Thursday that likes Rush? Have an extra ticket to them at the New York State Fair in Syracuse. $75.
    >:I
  • Gonna see of Montreal next Friday. So friggin' excited.
  • Holy fucking shit. of Montreal's show was a mindfuck in every sense of the word. There were about ten different costumes/props and Kevin Barnes basically had on-stage sex with all of them.
  • I was going to go to of Montreal this week, but instead I have to take an organic chem exam. The cosmos are pissing hot acid into my eyes.
  • I was going to go to of Montreal this week, but instead I have to take an organic chem exam. The cosmos are pissing propanoic acid into my eyes.
    FTFY
  • I was going to go to of Montreal this week, but instead I have to take an organic chem exam. The cosmos are pissingPiranha solutioninto my eyes.
    FTFY
  • Word on the street is that Daft Punk will be playing at Disneys California Adventure to celebrate the opening of a new TRON themed area in anticipation of the movie.

So.

Fucking.

There.
  • edited September 2010
    UM. WHA.

I require more information.

[Edit]
    The duo will not take part in the ElecTRONica party launching at Disney’s California Adventure on Oct. 8.
    =/
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I do as well. That might be worth a plane ticket and vagabond backpacking.
  • @Sail - I'm gathering info presently BUT what you posted is old news *Sept 8*. I remain hopeful. ^__^
  • If they haven't confirmed a month in advance, it probably ain't happening. However, if they do end up confirming, Bunnikun and I both will be there no matter how last minute, since she's visiting that weekend.