This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• I'm going to Soundset tomorrow. I'm pumped as hell to see Method Man and Redman live.
  • Boris on Aug. 13 if I'm in town.
  • Boris on Aug. 13 if I'm in town.
    This. Except on a different date. But still depending on whether I'm in town.
  • Cage the Elephant. June 26th. At Summerfest. LIVE!!!
    I was gonna see them when they where in Buffalo, NY, but getting from Rochester to Buffalo without a car is hard :(
  • Going to see Conan O'Brien's tour show tonight in Atlantic City which from what I hear is a lot of performing music so I guess that counts. Only other concert I've got tickets to is Weird Al Yankovic at the PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ, June 27th
  • Going to see Conan O'Brien's tour show tonight in Atlantic City which from what I hear is a lot of performing music so I guess that counts. Only other concert I've got tickets to is Weird Al Yankovic at the PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ, June 27th

Speaking of Conan, in case you haven't seen this.
  • Well, not so much near future as recent past, but I saw Imogen Heap at the Hammerstein in NYC a few days ago. I don't think "fantastic" does that concert justice; it was unbelievable.
  • If things go right (I'm cautious till the end of everything, Murphy's Law has made me his bitch too many times), I might be going to the Unity Tour to see The Offspring and 311.
  • RX Bandits are coming to town and I am going to Camden to see them play at Underworld. If anyone on the forum wants to come, PM me.
  • I'll be seeing Iron Maiden and Dream Theater at the Nissan Pavillion in Virginia on July 20 - absolutely can't wait for that show.
  • I'll be seeing Iron Maiden and Dream Theater at the Nissan Pavillion in Virginia on July 20 - absolutely can't wait for that show.
    I'm gonna be at that show too!
  • RX Bandits are coming to town and I am going to Camden to see them play at Underworld. If anyone on the forum wants to come, PM me.
    That was an okay show, some god awful metal band opened it, just playing Anthraxs riffs and singing Megadeath lyrics. But RX saved the show and all of the hipster kids showed up and the night changed from dingey metal gig to fun ska times!
  • edited June 2010
    Man, I just got back from Math The Band and MC Lars(didn't stay for mc chris). Saw so many people. Talked to the girl from MtB and Lars at the merch booth, stood in line next to one of the guys from Zebrahead, thought I saw Tim Heidecker on my way out, moshed with Frank from the Mega64 crew. Such a fucking good time.

I bought a MtB tape with a Gameboy on it and my friend bought a MtB floppy disk which, presumably, has music on it. We're gonna use one of the school computers to check it out tomorrow.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • MC Fontalot, Leeds, on the 13 of this month. FUCK YEAH.
  • MC Fontalot, Leeds, on the 13 of this month. FUCK YEAH.
    FUCK YEAH, three days later in Islington!
  • I planned on seeing The Pixies tomorrow but they canceled (that happens often in Israel) .. I plan on seeing DJ Shodow in a few weeks, Mike Patton's new project 'Mondo Cane' the first week in August and 30 Seconds To Mars (don't love that band but shows are rare here.. so I'm more flexible).
  • edited June 2010
    MC Fontalot
    For some reason, your typo seems even cooler than MC Frontalot.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • For some reason, your typo seems even than MC Frontalot.
    You mean MC Frontalot is coming to Leeds too? Dude, sweet. Nerdcore and Typography rhymes in the same week, truly, this is living like a king.
  • I effed up and probably won't be seeing AJJ on Tuesday. Oh well.
    :(
    :(
    It's alright. I'm going to join the student org that books act for my university and try and get them to come to Urbana next semester.
  • Just got back from my Iron Maiden with Dream Theater concert...and, holy shit.

The way I felt about it...go to a thesaurus and type in the word "amazing" and it was like all of those words combined. Plus, exhausting. Just 5 hours at the concert: 1 hour in lines, bathroom, and merchandise (Which was expensive as fuck...), 1 hour of Dream Theater and waiting, 2 and 1/2 hours of Iron Maiden, and 30 minutes of wandering, tired as fuck, looking for my car.

Dream Theater was really cool. There were some people there just for Dream Theater and some who weren't all that interested in them, but they got the crowd started. I definitely want to see them more. Their setlist was As I Am, A Rite of Passage, Under the Glass Moon, Constant Motion, Panic Attack, and Pull Me Under. The best part was when Jordan Rudess pulled out his keytar during the Panic Attack solo, and joined in with Myung and Petrucci. He is made playing the keytar look absolutely epic.

Iron Maiden though? Holy shit...this was their setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2010/jiffy-lube-live-bristow-va-1bd45d40.html

It was just so amazing and electrifying. (I was in the Pit/Orchestra) There were about 6 moshings, and I was in the first two. When Harris started the intro to Wrathchild, we were automatically jumping and bumping into each other and I had a lot of fun just from that, singing the lyrics with the guy next to me. Man, Bruce really had control of the audience and he still has his voice. Whenever he told us to scream, we all screamed. "SCREAM FOR ME WASHINGTON!" Around the halfway point of the main setlist, he did a speech of what it would be like if Heavy Metal ruled the world and gave tribute to Dio.

The second part of the setlist was when we got our second wind. Along with Bruce and Harris who were jumping all around the stage, Jenick Gers was really fun to watch too. During the encore, he had a fight with a ten foot Eddie, in his newest reincarnation. The sound was amazing, the setlist was amazing, and you could feel the crowd electrified during those last five songs. There were two additional lulz with the concert too. Before the encore, Nicko through out his drumsticks to the audience, and a girl on top of someone's shoulders caught it. And during that encore, she got back on the man's shoulders and took off her top. Got to see some great side-boob. And as people we're leaving, I think a recording was playing of Bruce singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."

I had an incredible time and want to go again. But I will make more preparation to prepare for the humidity, getting bottled water, smells, moshings, and money-management with Merchandise. (Got a T-Shirt for my Brother and an Iron Maiden Scarf for Myself)
  • Just got back from the Distant Worlds Final Fantasy concert, it was pretty damn good. I thought it was well performed well(the person I went with thought the performers we a bit off), and I really enjoyed the music. They had a Q&A afterward, for which they chose generally bad questions. Though, one of the bad ones got a good answer. The question was: "What color chocobo would you want." to which Uematsu replied in his deepest voice, "a black chocobo...a black chocobo from hell." rather hilarious. Of the music, they played the fairly standard pieces, though they played a really good Vamo' al Flamenco, and the FF6 opera.
  • edited July 2010
    Seeing Bomb the Music Industry! two, possibly three, times next week. Probably seeing The Hold Steady, Boris, and Cap'n Jazz at the end of August. Also seeing Anamanaguchi on whatever dates they announce for their west coast pre-PAX tour. Seeing Panda Bear, Sleep, 7 Seconds, Thee Oh Sees, Ariel Pink, Best Coast, Wavves, Titus Andronicus, Abe Vigoda, and others at FYF Fest in September.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I tagged-along to a Candlebox show last night. The performance was strong, but the music was dull. Also, the two opening acts were snore fests. At least it was cheap and added points to a friendship stat.
  • Why won't you come to England Andrew Jackson Jihad? I personally could get at least 70 people to a AJJ gig and that is only among teenagers in Barnet and Camden. *sigh*
  • edited July 2010
    Punxie Poison and the Poison Pens on the 7th, but I'm semi-working.

Edit- Er, As in, I'm working at the show as a photographer, not working therefore missing the show.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I saw Maiden on the opening night of their tour in Dallas....'twas awesome sauce.

Might be going to see Rush in September, but thats about it.
  • Might be going to seeRushin September, but thats about it.
    Hey, I'm going to that exact same show. It's gonna be full of awesome.
  • Why won't you come to England Andrew Jackson Jihad? I personally could get at least 70 people to a AJJ gig and that is only among teenagers in Barnet and Camden. *sigh*
    You should email them.