This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Oh, and also...

OMFG BLIND GUARDIAN ON SUNDAY OMFG OMFG OMFG.
  • Also: Thanks to earplugs, I'm not deaf today!
    Do you have the GeekNights recommended earplugs that decrease sound at 20db equally at all frequencies?

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.html
    Unfortunately not. I loved my old Ety earbuds (but gave up on them when they broke), so I'll probably grab these before my next concert, whenever that ends up being.
  • Do you have the GeekNights recommended earplugs that decrease sound at 20db equally at all frequencies?

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.html
    Actually, yes.

Though, I think the wierdest use of them so far was wearing them under my headphones in the Radio studio, and then cranking my headphones way up, so it sounded normal.

I have no idea why I did this.
  • Blind Guardian > everything else.
  • Though, I think the wierdest use of them so far was wearing them under my headphones in the Radio studio, and then cranking my headphones way up, so it sounded normal.
    That's awesome.
    Blind Guardian > everything else.
    So jealous... I just wish I could have fit it into my schedule.

No concerts in the near future, I think. Maybe a small Montage thing soon, we'll see. Next planned concert is Finntroll.
  • Going with a friend on Tuesday to see Freelance Whales. Not really my thing but it's cheap enough for my budget.
  • That's fucking stupid and you're a strange, strange man.
    Fix'd.
  • The Finnish Metal Tour 2011 is coming to Charlotte. I must go!
  • Chief Big Way on Friday. It's Joey Belladonna's (Anthrax vocalist) classic rock cover band. Won't be the most mind-blowing concert ever, but it'll be a night out, and that's all I'm really looking for.
  • Got tickets to see Jandek play with Mike Watt and the drummer from HEALTH. Basically an experimental music fan's wet dream. Also probably going to go to Wavves/Best Coast/No Joy at the end of February.
  • Eluveitie's going on tour early next year. I might go see them at The Opera House in Toronto. Anyone seen them live?
  • Anyone seen them live?
    They're not bad. Not my favorite, though. Finntroll and Ensiferum beat them handily IMO. Still, it's a show worth seeing.
  • I saw the lineup for Bamboozle, and it doesn't look too bad this year. Tim Minchin, Das Racist, Frank Turner, Super Mash Bros., and maybe ICP for the lulz.
  • Just got tickets for Cake, Aquabats, and Streetlight.
  • Off to see British Sea Power next month. Pretty much the only band I actually pay attention to when they have new albums out and stuff. When I first saw them, they were supported by the Killers, in a tiny little venue.
  • Did not realize there was an Anamanaguchi show in Brooklyn last night. Might try to make the one at Webster Hall on the 14th.
  • Did not realize there was an Anamanaguchi show in Brooklyn last night. Might try to make the one at Webster Hall on the 14th.
    I'm seeing Anamanaguchi next Sunday. I'm pretty psyched about it.
  • Reel Big Fish Vs. The Aquabats with Suburban Legends & Koo Koo Kanga Roo next Saturday and Big Boi this Friday (because it's free).
  • So, just bought tickets for Video Games LIVE for next Saturday. I didn't even know they were coming until I walked by the venue earlier this week. Kind of surprised there were still lots of tix available.
    Going to that show tonight with a bunch of people from work.
  • Just got back from Video Games LIVE. It was a pretty damn good show. I still feel like the FF concert I saw last year was better and felt more epic, but the music as a whole was fantastic. The encore especially left me wishing the whole show was more like it. The only thing I didn't really like about the show was that it felt like the people who produced the show (including Tommy Tallarico, the creator and host of the show) are pandering too much to the demographic. And as a whole this kind of led to the show feeling like it had no momentum. There were video clips and/or too much talking in between every song, and that's just not how concerts should be done, IMO. I understand the want to get the crowd into WOOO mode, but it just messes with the flow.

P.S. Laura Intravia is an absolutely amazing musician and performer. I would honestly pay the same money to see a show of just her.
  • Just got back from seeing Reel Big Fish, The Aquabats, Suburban Legend, and Koo Koo Kangaroo. Even though RBF were ostensibly the headliners, they were pretty meh. Hell, they only did 5 versions of Suburban Rhythm! Koo Koo Kangaroo were the big surprise as they're not really a ska band and I've never heard of them, but they were great! Super danceable (they even showed you how to do the dances for all the songs) poppy music, they had the best flyer I've ever gotten at a concert (a find the thing picture where said thing was a luscious mustache), and all their music's on their website under the pay-what-you-like model. Suburban Legends needed a longer set. And The Aquabats could have used more Batman villianiness but were still a lot of fun. On a related note, I need to get in better shape because by hour four I was a big sweaty mess on the floor and only got up to dance for RBF's big songs.
  • Pogo tours North AmericaYES FINALLY
    As awesome as that is, he's coming to Seattle when I'm going to Bitch PAX. /cry
  • edited January 2011
    Bitch PAX
    Heh.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Pogo tours North AmericaYES FINALLY
    Oh, New York on such a convenient day. Ahhhh. New York always wins.
  • Pogo tours North America YES FINALLY
    As much as I'd like to go, the closest he's coming is Tallahassee which would mean 10 hours of driving in the best of times and the only band I'd be willing to drive that distance to see is The Cat Empire.
  • I'm seeing the Protomen in Chapel Hill this Wednesday. The show is going to be awesome, but the next day is not.
  • edited February 2011
    Ooh, they're in town tomorrow. If I gets my homework done enough I'ma go see them.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited February 2011
    Just got back from Finntroll and Ensiferum. Holy hell, Ensiferum tore the place apart. It was insanity. Also, I was pretty drunk during their set, so everything just felt that much better.

Then I spent most of Finntroll's set passed out or vomiting all over one stall in the bathroom. The venue people actually asked me to go home twice, and somehow I was coherent enough to talk my way out of it. Apparently, I also got to be "that guy" for the show; when I came out of the bathroom, a guy said to me, "Oh, you're the dude that puked all over the stall. Fuck yeah!" Of course, I take solace i knowing that I wasn't the only vomiter, and that I managed to contain it to the toilet. At least two other people vomited into a garbage can, and some guy vomited in the hallway.

I clearly remember four of Finntroll's songs. They tore the place apart again.

I rate the show 11/10.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on