This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Silence! The Musical (the Silence of the Lambs musical) performances in NYC have been extended until September 24th. I may actually be able to make it to one now. Just gotta pick a day and rally the troops.
  • Pogo, WU LYF, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, and They Might Be Giants(x2).
  • They Might Be Giants are brilliant. Anyhow how, I want to eventually go to a Tool concert, eventually, when they have one...
  • They Might Be Giants are brilliant. Anyhow how, I want to eventually go to a Tool concert, eventually, when they have one...
    I went to one. It was pretty sweet, but not among my favorite concerts.
  • The Pillows are coming to the USA! Sadly I will be in Peru during on the September 11th :(
  • God damn it I do not want to pay upwards of a hundred bucks for a Deadmau5 concert but I guess I'll have to
  • Aaaaand, The Pillows are on tour in the US again.
    Got my tickets already. There is no way I'm missing them.
  • Just got back from seeing JoCo on a boat. It was on a boat!
  • edited August 2011
    I'm going to see Barry Manilow on Thursday. ZOMG! I am going to wear several pairs of panties so that I can keep throwing them at the stage!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Which one should I go to?
    Day one, no brainer.
    Jeff Mangum, Fleet Foxes, Joanna Newsom, Low, Boredoms, The Fall, Superchunk, Thurston Moore, The Olivia Tremor Control, Mike Watt & George Hurley perform the songs of the Minutemen, Scratch Acid, Sun Ra Arkestra, The Raincoats - Performing The Raincoats (debut LP), The Mountain Goats, Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise, The Apples in stereo
  • edited September 2011
    I saw The Music Tapes and Olivia Tremor Control tonight, both put on really great shows. OTC sounded way better than I expected live and they played the entirety of Green Typewriters, which was really cool and unexpected.
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • I saw The Music Tape
    GAHHH, so jealous. Excited to see OTC on Saturday, though. And that is insane that they played all of Green Typewriters. Fingers crossed.
  • If you ever get the chance to see them both play together definitely go for it, Julian jumping around and playing the singing saw during some of the OTC songs was great and he obviously has great chemistry with the rest of the band and stuff. Maybe he'll be with them at the show you're going to? I talked to him a little bit after the show and he said they were going to keep touring and even doing some shows in Europe ("with Jeff"). But even if it's just OTC you won't be disappointed, they played new stuff and old stuff and it all sounded good.
  • The Olivia Tremor Control is playing a festival here in LA on Saturday. Julian might play with OTC if they're touring together, but there won't be a Music Tapes show.
  • Miniature Tigers tonight, maybe.
  • Just got my Etymotic earplugs today. I had really crap earplugs, but these should be more suited for concerts. Upcoming concerts: DevilDriver, They Might Be Giants, Texas Hippie Coalition.
  • That guy is gonna have a heart attack on stage if he keeps rocking that hard while being so fat.
  • Well since this thread just popped up again. The Pillows. Tomorrow. BOO-YAH!
  • That guy is gonna have a heart attack on stage if he keeps rocking that hard while being so fat.
    Meat Loaf would like to have a word with you.
  • Well since this thread just popped up again. The Pillows. Tomorrow. BOO-YAH!
    I hate you.
  • Blackwater Music Festival!

Sept. 22 - 24!

Flaming Lips, Ghostland Observatory, EOTO, STS9, Girl Talk!

WOOOOOOO!

http://www.blackwatermusicfestival.com/
  • I'm really on the fence about going. On the one hand: awesome, on the other: expensive (especially since the government decided my parents made too much money last year for me to get free money [which is utter bullshit]).
  • edited September 2011
    I'm really on the fence about going.
    I'm going to do two a year. Wanee and Blackwater. It's so worth it.

If you do go, we should hang out. Not too often we get a FRC meetup in the south. Also I have drugs... <.< >.> :D
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • If you do go, we should hang out. Not too often we get a FRC meetup in the south. [white words] :D
    That is quite true. As for the white text...it's a festival, everyone does. :D
  • For god's sake, go see Peelander Z if you ever get the chance.
  • For god's sake, go see Peelander Z if you ever get the chance.
    Going to see them again on the 29th!
  • Anyone else going to see TMBG A-Z at Berkley College of Music on October 1st?

Unfortunately, we got shitty seats and I have to go with my mother and sister, neither of whom are big TMBG fans, but whatever.
  • Just stand up and run to the front. They'll tell you to.