This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Just stand up and run to the front. They'll tell you to.
    Balcony. I'll jump. It's worth it.
  • Anyone else going to see TMBG A-Z at Berkley College of Music on October 1st?
    I was considering it, but I hadn't made any non-nebulous plans.

Anybody know if Das Racist is any good live? Considering going to the Middle East Club in a week to see 'em.
  • Some (or all) of the following:
    Astronautalis
    Arctic Monkeys and Smith Westerns
    MC Chris, MC Lars, Adam WarRock, and Mega Ran
    The Fest
    Reverend Horton Heat
    Korpiklaani
  • I'm gonna go see a Miles Davis commemoration!
    Miles Davis is one of my favorite jazz musicians ever! Moreover, I got a seat in the orchestra section, second row center!*Squee!*
  • Sunday

Actually really excited to see these guys, don't really know much about them but I totally dig this.

Duh :P
  • Holy fuck, this concert was so good. These videos actually have some really decent sound too!

• Bob Dylan. Tonight.
  • Deadmau5 tonight. Can't believe I got out of a midterm this way.
  • Andrew Jackson Jihad tonight. Hope everyone else has fun at their respective shows too :)
  • Week away from the race wars tour hits Philly so excited.
  • I'm seeing Devin Townsend this Saturday. ^_^
  • In case anyone is interested the rave war tour is ending at the knitting factory in NYC. They do an amazing show you all should check them out.
  • These are not concerts but they are things you buy tickets to, so what the hell.

Going to see Silence! the Musical (based on Silence of the Lambs) in 2 weeks. If it is half as good as the Evil Dead and Toxic Avenger musicals, it will still be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Also, got tickets to see Book of Mormon but not for several months from now.
  • My friend Cameron mentioned that Anamanguchi is playing somewhere near us in the coming weeks. We'll hopefully be there.
  • I'm seeing Abney Park this Saturday, at the White Mischief: Ghost in the Machine Halloween Ball.

Professor Elemental is hosting. Thank you, SquadronROE, for introducing me to that particular brand of genius, via the "Thing's of your day" thread.

• Meh, I don't like Abney Park, it turns out. That Airship Pirate song is good though...
  • Anyone in the Baltimore area have a place I can crash at tomorrow night? In exchange I shall pay your way into Byte Night.
  • Just found out Anamanaguchi is at the Bug Jar in Rochester, NY this coming January.

Yep.jpg
  • Arctic Monkeys touring with The Black Keys in Boston this March.
  • Should I go to this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-01-25/larc-en-ciel-to-be-1st-japanese-band-to-headline-madison-square-garden
    If it is live music the answer is always yes, the worst that could happen is they suck and you walk out. Even the shittiest of bands sometimes make up for it by sheer stage performance.
  • If it is live music the answer is always yes, the worst that could happen is they suck and you walk out. Even the shittiest of bands sometimes make up for it by sheer stage performance.
    This has been my rule of thumb for a while now and it's served me well so far. There's really no experience like an awesome concert.
    Just found out Anamanaguchi is at the Bug Jar in Rochester, NY this coming January.

Yep.jpg
    This was my third time seeing Anamanaguchi. As always, they was amazing. The band that opened for them, Revengineers, killed on stage. It was one of those shows that you can't stop thinking about for weeks after it happens.

• If it is live music the answer is always yes, the worst that could happen is they suck and you walk out. Even the shittiest of bands sometimes make up for it by sheer stage performance.
    While I generally agree, it isn't always the case. Tickets to concerts here can cost hundreds of dollars depending on the venue, artists, and the works being performed. If I pay $140 to see something at Lincoln Center, and it's not good, I've wasted money that could have been saved by doing my due diligence and avoiding a show I could foresee not enjoying. ;^)

I enjoyed L'arc in 2004 though. Mightily.

• I found them to be decidedly average by American rock standards; I would not pay MSG prices to see them. However, "Do you eat crabp? I EAT CRABP!" was fucking priceless.
  • edited January 2012
    JAM Project for ~7000Y and the hassle of getting a ticket?
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • JAM Project for ~7000Y and the hassle of getting a ticket?
    Yes, duh. When else are you going to see Masaaki Mothefucking Endo?

Also, I'm seeing the Misfits in a few weeks. Shit is going to be awesome.
  • I got my tickets to see the Zelda Orchestra performing at the Mann this summer. Go me.
  • Guitar Wolf. June 5th.

• Thrice Farewell tour in March. Considering the last show I went to ending with the above, it's a no-brainer.