This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Harry and the Potters + the Potter Puppet Pals.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • Ben Folds Five. Central Park. Sept 14th.

Also, not a concert but a musical, I saw Book of Mormon last weekend and it was the best thing I've ever seen on Broadway. Worth the cost.

Also, not a concert but a musical, I saw Book of Mormon last weekend and it was the best thing I've ever seen on Broadway. Worth the cost.
    I keep saying this, but people are not listening! Just buy tickets today. Yes, you won't see it for many months, but if you buy tickets tomorrow you will see it even later! The sooner you buy, the sooner you see. If you wait too long, you will die before you see it. You do not want that to happen.

Also, you are already too late to see the original cast, so already fail.

I keep saying this, but people are not listening! Just buy tickets today. Yes, you won't see it for many months, but if you buy tickets tomorrow you will see it even later! The sooner you buy, the sooner you see. If you wait too long, you will die before you see it. You do not want that to happen.

We bought our tickets in late October and saw it last week. The website says their ticket availability right now is Jan-March 2013 depending on the specific show. Buy now!
  • At long last, seeing Iron Maiden and Coheed and Cambria together on Monday night. Words cannot express my excite.
  • Harry and the Potters + the Potter Puppet Pals.
    I got to see both of them on some tour that encompassed many wonderful bands. Oddly enough, I found them the weakest part of the tour, but simply in bliss when watching the other acts.

Some of us don't have the luxury of living in NYC, or knowing when all the necessary components will be able to go there.
  • Harry and the Potters + the Potter Puppet Pals.
    I got to see both of them on some tour that encompassed many wonderful bands. Oddly enough, I found them the weakest part of the tour, but simply in bliss when watching the other acts.

Some of us don't have the luxury of living in NYC, or knowing when all the necessary components will be able to go there.
    It's touring.
  • So, JAM Project comes back to Baltimore on November 3rd.
    It is gonna be so epic! :D
  • edited August 2012
    Went to 107.7 The End's Summer Camp this weekend. A bunch of up and coming indie bands. Headlining was fun. and Alex Claire. Didn't stay for Claire but fun. was awesome.

Nate Ruess has got a set of pipes on him.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • AJJ is coming to town on Halloween, but I'm fairly certain it's 18+, because fuck me.
  • AJJ is coming to town on Halloween, but I'm fairly certain it's 18+, because fuck me.
    I can't. You're under 18.

• Age of consent over here is 16.

Oh, and ISeeWhatYouDidThere.jpg, I guess.
  • Noriyuki Iwadare (among others, but hey, he is my favorite of the bunch) is going to be having a concert in Boston with VGO at Symphony Hall on Oct. 7th.
  • The Protomen are going to be performing in Salt Lake City. I am stoked.
  • Sweet, will probably go to the Irving plaza show on Nov. 6.
    Is it just me or does the vocalist sound like one of the girls from Eisley?
  • Ben Folds Five reunion tour in central park on Friday!
  • I like that song a lot. Good find.
  • I could be going to see Metric on MD on the 21st, if I am not lazy that is :P
  • I want to see David Byrne and St. Vincent, but I don't want to pay 50 bucks. Also, Santigold's coming to my campus.
  • I don't know if this falls under the criteria of "near future" so to speak, but I am planning on going to Video Game Live's return to CT in Hartford in 2013,

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates
  • edited September 2012
    Next Friday:

Circa Survive:

Balance and Composure:

O'Brother:
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Scrapped DB and SV, seeing Grizzly Bear this weekend instead, with Vacationer and Braids playing on Friday.
  • I'm going to go see Noriyuki Iwadare (among others) and the Video Game Orchestra at Boston's Symphony Hall on Oct. 7.
  • Just got back from a Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow show. Shit was off the hook.
  • Grizzly Bear was fucking awesome.

The end.
  • edited September 2012
    Grizzly Bear and Dino Jr Friday, along with Cloud Nothings, Willis Earl Beal, Tennis, and others at various times this weekend.

Dropkick Murphys and Peelander-Z in October.
    Rick Fucking Ross November 5th!

EDIT: Holy shit I am seeing so much good music in 2012.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Grizzly Bear was playing at the Paramount next Friday. I was considering going to it but I've been spending a lot of money lately and I'm going to Grouplove/Alt-J on Wednesday.