This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• I didn't know they were breaking up.
  • Just got back from an absolutely ridiculous concert with the Spittin' Cobras headlining. Seriously, if you like old rock 'n roll like AC/DC, but want it to be even more rockin', potentially even metal-ish, then you should check them out. They put on an amazing live show and their recorded music is just fun as hell to listen to.

Beyond that though, Iron Maiden and Coheed and Cambria, July 30 baby. Soooooo stoked for that show.
  • Seriously, if you like old rock 'n roll like AC/DC, but want it to be even more rockin', potentially even metal-ish, then you should check them out.
    You can just say "Hey churba, you'll like this!"

Another apt comparison would be The Living End, or especially Grinspoon :

Also, Grinspoon is a fucking sweet name for a band.
  • Beyond that though, Iron Maiden and Coheed and Cambria, July 30 baby. Soooooo stoked for that show.
    I get Maiden and Alice Cooper, on June 30th. Looking forward to it, BIG TIME.
  • Me and JTVH are going to TMBG next Friday, and Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band June 19.
  • Almost certainly seeing of Montreal/Deerhoof, Andrew Jackson Jihad/ROAR, Refused/Death Grips, Jeff Mangum, and Black Dice within the next three months, with tentative plans for Andrew WK/Math the Band, Cults, Wu-Tang Clan, Odd Future, Atari Teenage Riot, Madness, Explosions in the Sky, and Arrogant Sons of Bitches if I can swing them. Life is fucking GOOD, son.
  • I am so fucking jealous.

Seeing Future Islands in two days, Throbbing Gristle in two weeks, and Guitar Wolf (LOCK AN LORR) in June.
  • edited March 2012
    Just think how you will be able to share in the glory of amazing show schedules once you move out here. Also, holy shit Guitar Wolf.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • No Age this Saturday, and a few of my friends are seeing The Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys tonight.
  • Holy shit, I just got Radiohead tickets. Life is beautiful and nothing hurts.
  • Going to see Coheed and Cambria May 3rd. Can't wait. On a side note, are these good earplugs for wearing at a concert, or can anyone recommend something better at a comparable price?
    http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20hd.html
  • It appears that the Protomen are performing in Lancaster in mid April. Now I don't need to see them at PAX ;)
  • Just got my Pitchfork Three-Day: Vampire Weekend, Feist, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Hot Chip, AraabMuzik, ASAP Rocky, the Field, Liturgy, Kendrick Lamar, Grimes, Cloud Nothings, Tim Hecker, and Willis Earl Beal. 30 more announcements are expected in the coming weeks.

• edited March 2012
    Just got my Pitchfork Three-Day: Vampire Weekend, Feist, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Hot Chip, AraabMuzik, ASAP Rocky, the Field, Liturgy, Kendrick Lamar, Grimes, Cloud Nothings, Tim Hecker, and Willis Earl Beal. 30 more announcements are expected in the coming weeks.

You mad?
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • the Protomen are doing an encore show in Cambridge the Monday after PAX
  • Just got tickets to go see Throbbing Gristle on Saturday, performing live remixes off of their new album, along with a screening of a film Sleazy was working on when he died.

Stay jelly, my friends.
  • Saw Kaiser Chiefs tonight (excellent show), going to see Nada Surf tomorrow. That's like the number of concerts I normally go to in three months packed into one weekend.
  • edited March 2012
    I am going to The Legend of Zelda in Northern Virginia. Is anyone else going? We can meet up before and hang out afterwards.
    The tickets went on sale yesterday and I just purchased mine :D
    I can't wait to listen to this live!
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I am going to The Legend of Zelda in Northern Virginia. Is anyone else going? We can meet up before and hang out afterwards.
    The tickets went on sale yesterday and I just purchased mine :D
    I can't wait to listen to this live!
    I got the Philly show at the Mann.
  • I bought Aerosmith/Cheap Trick tickets for Lisa for our anniversary.
  • Protest the Hero is in town tonight but I have too much work and cannot go. I has a sad.
  • edited April 2012
    Anyone want to come with me to Bit Gen Gamer Fest? Its half the music that MAGfest has in ONE DAY! MD people rejoice that it is in Baltimore.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I am going to listen to the Gamer Symphony Orchestra at the Smithsonian Art Exhibit :D
    Anyone near DC should try to go there. I mean, it is free :P
  • I am going to listen to the Gamer Symphony Orchestra at the Smithsonian Art Exhibit :D
    Anyone near DC should try to go there. I mean, it is free :P
    I just saw that too, I might go and if insane enough borrow a camera to film it

• Rush in October at the First Niagara Center. Never enough Rush.
  • David Rodigan, this Friday.
    Guitar Wolf, June 5th.
    P4K, July 13-15th
    Refused, July 26th.
  • edited June 2012
    Guitar Wolf annihilated my face with white-hot sexy lock 'n lorr. Actual quotes from the band members tonight:

"Jump is MOST IMPORTANT for LOCK 'N LORR"
    "We are lock 'n lorr! You gotta GET DOWN AND LOCK 'N LORR, motherfuckas!"
    "[Opening the second encore] You people have to go home! Is really late! BUT FIRST: LOCK 'N LORR"

The set included:

--An opening wherein Guitar Wolf and Bass Wolf stood on the PAs and led everyone in clapping and chanting "HEY!" over a jangling western score.
    --Guitar Wolf and Bass Wolf "shooting" the audience with their instruments during "Machine Gun Baby"
    --A stage dive
    --Guitar Wolf immediately walking onto the hands of the audience after being crowd surfed back to the stage
    --A member of the audience being pulled onto the stage to play guitar
    --Seiji needing to teach the dude to jump with him, because jump most important for lock 'n lorr
    --"Lock 'n Lorr" being said over 100 times.
    --The crowd going mental when they started in on Fujiyama Attack
    --Two encores
    --A third "mini-encore" where Seiji wailed on the guitar and sang a love song to the audience

It was fucking incredible, and one of the best shows I've ever been to.

EDIT: Also, Guitar Wolf threw his pick right in front of me, but it was dark; I couldn't see it. I turned on my torch and went to grab it and some chick with her boyfriend leaned down and snatched it up as I went for it. Didn't even thank me for my help in "finding it." It's so uncool that the overriding social opinion here is that a guy can't say anything to the girl in a situation like that. I've got to get a girlfriend who will fight these bitches in my stead.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • About to listen to "The Legend of Zelda Shmphony of The Goddesses" it is gonna be epic
  • Refused is tonight.