This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Saw the Devin Townsend Project on Friday, with Katatonia, Paradise Lost, and Stolen Babies.

DTP was amazing. Trust me, u jelly.
  • Tennis and Dirty projectors were awesome, but Best Coast was fucking terrible. Bethany Cosentino was blackout drunk and slurring her words on the stage, and said some stuff that made it very clear she just didn't give a fuck about being in Champaign. Then, she forgot the words to a song, and asked us, "Like, do you guys love everclear?" because hyuk-hyuk we're in the Corn Belt.

It was really disappointing. I used to wonder why she was dating Nathan Williams, a notorious asshole, but it seems like they're probably a great match.
  • I used to wonder why she was dating Nathan Williams, a notorious asshole, but it seems like they're probably a great match.
    Oh, yeah. You didn't know that? They're pretty much the same person.
  • I used to wonder why she was dating Nathan Williams, a notorious asshole, but it seems like they're probably a great match.
    Oh, yeah. You didn't know that? They're pretty much the same person.
    I actually didn't! That's kind of sad. Crazy for You was good, but I'll never pay to see a Best Coast show ever again; I hesitate to think of what a Wavves show must be like.
  • Wavves shows are really fun, actually! And the couple times I've seen Best Coast they were ok. They're both prone to meltdowns, though. Nathan started cussing out the sound guy one of the times I saw him and it was a lil awk.
  • I just bought my ticket for The Otakon Music Festival in Baltimore on 3rd November.
    Jam Project is going to be awesome :D
  • Grizzly Bear was revelatory. I cried. The girl I was with cried. We gushed about it to each other all night.

Go see Grizzly Bear.
  • Saw Aesop Rock tonight (didn't know he was white). He's much better live than on CD. My friends were waiting to take a picture with him after the show and some other random girl was trying to hound in on it. He turned to her and said "Hey, wait a second." Nice dude, would see again.
  • Andrew Jackson Jihad on Halloween. Can barely wait.
  • Saw Aesop Rock tonight (didn't know he was white).
    Haha. That's funny.
  • The concert listing was really poorly written, so I thought there would be two opening acts and then him. So when he came out with his Hail Mary Mallon crew, and started rapping I thought to myself "He sounds really familiar...", and then he introduced himself and it dawned on me.
  • Got tix for Titus Andronicus and White Rabbits at the end of November. Super excited.
  • Death Grips two weeks from now HOLY FUCK!!!!
  • Wavves December 7th!!
  • Death Grips two weeks from now HOLY FUCK!!!!
    Lucky man. The LA show sold out super quick. My fault, I should have seen it coming.
  • I went in yesterday to buy them but the place was only taking cash. Told them I would be in as soon as they opened in the morning and she mentioned that getting them asap would be best since people had been calling a lot about them.
  • edited December 2012
    The Death Grips show was kinda weird but awesome. Some lame opener I didn't even really listen to then it was off to the front of the stage. What pursued was an hour and a half (maybe more) of straight moshing. There wasn't a second between any song, every one was transitioned to seamlessly. Then Zach put down his sticks and he and Stefan walked off stage and that was it. I haven't seen anything quite like it.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I enjoy when a page of this thread goes by and I don't know any of the bands listed. I'm soooo out of touch with modern music.

I am possibly going to see TMBG's in April.
  • JoCo, MC Lars, and I Fight Dragons on Friday.
  • Because the venue White Rabbits was gonna be playing actually hadn't been built before the concert, the show was moved to last night at a different venue. It was okay. I'm more excited for Titus in January.
  • So...Anamanaguchi is playing in New York City (amongst other acts) on January 20th at Webster Hall in NYC. I'm interested in going. Anybody in the area want to rendezvous with me? Maybe we can get dinner before the doors open and then go to the show to rock out?

http://websterhall.com/nightclub/dillonfrancis2013.php
  • edited February 2013
    Coheed and BTBAM in the same show in a couple weeks, also lineup for Sasquatch has been announced and is pretty dope. Coachella's looks amazing but sold out before I even knew they were on sale.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Marduk, Moonspell, and Inquisition on the 21st! And it's at The Chance in Poughkeepsie - my favorite nearby venue. They haven't had a decent metal show in years.
  • I just realized Devin Townsend is playing in Atlanta. Tonight.
    Pretty sure it's sold out. But you should try anyhow - he's playing with Gojira.

Pretty sure it's sold out. But you should try anyhow - he's playing with Gojira.

Is this coming to New York, or did I miss it already?
  • Yes, and it's sold out there too.