This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Nope, I'm wrong. Sort of.

The Atlanta show still has tickets according to hevydevy.com:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E004956DD0293BF?artistid=1073466&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

The show in Irving Plaza is sold out, but there's one later (Feb. 18th) in Brooklyn at the Music Hall of Williamsburg:

http://www.musichallofwilliamsburg.com/event/204639

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe I'll try to get to the Worcester show. I do loves me some Devin. Gojira and Atlas Moth too? Bonus.
  • Welcome to metal shows. I rarely see anything over $30. $18 is very typical. Note that most metal venues are shitty. They don't care about comfortable accomodations.
  • I go to the Masq from time to time. Lyddi hates going because it's one of those aforementioned shitty venues. Standing room only and prepared to be packed in tight.
  • P.O.D. was too loud by half.

Three Days Grace was good, but because I like their songs.

Shinedown was incredible, in every way.
  • Lindsey Stirling.
  • Marduk, Moonspell, and Inquisition on the 21st! And it's at The Chance in Poughkeepsie - my favorite nearby venue. They haven't had a decent metal show in years.
    INQUISITION HAS CRUSHED MY BRAIN. HOLY SHIT.

Seriously. That was the most relentless set I've ever heard. And it's two dudes.

• damn the coheen and btbam show was good

• edited February 2013
    Going to see the aforementioned Coheed show in a week, followed the next night by Kodo: One Earth Tour

Should be a good weekend.
    Post edited by Reol on
  • Might go to see Bon Jovi in Foxboro this July.
  • Hot damn, gonna see Bob Dylan on April 9th. This almost makes up for the Laura Stevenson and the Cans and the Andrew Jackson Jihad shows being 18+.
  • So I just saw Nick Cave in New York.

He won at music. Everyone else can pack up and go home.
  • How To Destroy Angels, April.
  • I just bought tickets for Smash Mouth, The Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, Vertical Horizon, and Fastball this August. Everything old is new again.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2013
    I just bought tickets to Anamanaguchi who are playing at The Space in Hamden, CT for 10 bucks. I'm going with a friend of mine. If anyone is in the area and would like to get together, send me a PM and we'll plan from there.
    So I just saw Nick Cave in New York.

He won at music. Everyone else can pack up and go home.
    He truly is amazing. O Children just cuts right to my soul.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I just bought tickets for Smash Mouth, The Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, Vertical Horizon, and Fastball this August. Everything old is new again.
    That is 90s as hell.
  • edited April 2013
    I try to see Ben Folds whenever he is on tour, but for this year, he'll be touring as part of Ben Folds Five (not as good) and not even headlining, instead, sharing stage with Barenaked Ladies and Guster. PASS!

I did watch the PAX Saturday concerts after the fact on live stream, and they were pretty good. I need to make it a point to see Coulton live outside of PAX, possibly Frontalot too. Paul & Storm are also good even though I've never considered myself a big fan/. They did have some good jokes about being the PAX headliners for the first time, which was fun to watch.
    Post edited by Matt on
    I was going to make fun of you for not realizing that 1997 ended 11 years ago, but then I looked three posts up and realized I'd be a total hypocrite since I'm seeing Bob Dylan in a week. And then I stopped caring because I'm seeing Bob Dylan in a week!

McCartney's also coming to town, but tickets are $100+, so I'm not seeing him. He's playing Fenway, though, so all of Landauns Street is going to be an overflow party.
  • I saw both The Spin Doctors and Everclear live, in 2008. Different shows. Both times, I was like, "These guys still exist?"

They did not hold up.

Also, Fastball plays live? Did they have more than one song?

• Also, Fastball plays live? Did they have more than one song?
    Actually the album that has "The Way" is really good.

Actually the album that has "The Way" is really good.

Eh. I owned that CD somehow, and I remember being underwhelmed. I can't say I know many people who can name any song other than "The Way" by them, or even knows who sang "The Way" in the first place.
    Dude, freaking Chumbawumba only broke up recently and still had a massive dedicated fan base coming out to see them. Did they just play Tubthumping for an hour and a half?
    Dude, freaking Chumbawumba only broke up recently and still had a massive dedicated fan base coming out to see them. Did they just play Tubthumping for an hour and a half?
    *Insert One Hit Wonderland Episode about Chumbawuma*
  • edited April 2013
    Just got back from Dylan. I knew about how he re-arranges his stuff for each tour, and how he doesn't tell his band what he's playing, but I didn't know he'd retired all his stuff from the 60s (which I think is why the crowd was less than 5000 people, all of them white). I'm sad, now. This has been a reoccuring theme in the life of Greg. My favorite musicians have stopped playing my favorite music. Excuse me, I'm going to curl up, watch the Scorceze Dylan documentary, and pretend that it's 1968 again.

EDIT: Okay, so that one's left Netflix since I watched it on there, so I'll have to settle for the vastly inferior "Bob Dylan: Revealed," which reveals nothing.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • That's the price you pay for enjoying old music.
  • Protomen in STL Sunday. After an anime convention. I expect to hate most of the world Monday.
  • Anamanaguchi is touring again.
  • Anamanaguchi is touring again.
    Indeed. I have tickets for their Hamden, CT show.

• Bonnaroo, P4K, Japandroids, Danny Brown & Kitty Pryde.
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu tomorrow O3O