This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Rules of Scott Rubin

Comments

• What Are the Possible Side Effects of Scott Rubin?

Most people who hang around Scott Rubin tolerate him well. The most commonly reported side effects in people hanging around Scott Rubin are nausea, drowsiness or sleepiness, vomiting, and dizziness. You should be careful until you know if Scott Rubin affects your ability to remain alert while doing normal daily activities, and you should watch for the development of significant daytime sleepiness or episodes of falling asleep. It is possible that you could fall asleep while doing normal activities such as driving a car, doing physical tasks, or using hazardous machinery if Scott Rubin is there. Your chances of falling asleep while doing normal activities while talking to Scott Rubin are greater if you are taking other medicines that cause drowsiness.

When you start talking to Scott Rubin or when you increase your time with him, you may feel dizzy, nauseated, sweaty, or faint, when first standing up from sitting or lying down, or after any conversation or argument. Therefore, do not stand up quickly after sitting or lying down, particularly if you have been sitting or lying down for a long period of time and talking to him. Take a minute sitting on the edge of the bed or chair before you get up, or ask him to ‘shush’.

Some people talking to Scott Rubin have shown urges to behave in a way unusual for them. Examples of this are an unusual urge to gamble or increased sexual urges and/or behaviors, or the urge to strangle the living hell out of Scott Rubin. If you or your family notices that you are developing any unusual behaviors, talk to your doctor, and immediately stop talking to Scott Rubin..
    Hallucinations (unreal sounds, visions, or sensations) have been reported in patients talking to Scott Rubin. These were uncommon in people talking to Scott Rubin. The risk is greater in patients with Parkinson's disease who are elderly, talking to Scott Rubin with L-dopa, or talking to Scott Rubin longer than recommended.

This is not a complete list of side effects and should not take the place of discussions with your friends. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a more complete list of possible side effects. Talk to your doctor about any side effects or problems you may have.
  • That Rubin Rule rules.
  • Nice. Especially the defense stat :P
  • edited July 2008
    Rule 73: All LEGOs that aren't Town, Castle, Space, or Pirate suck.

There, I fixed it!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Rule 73(b): This applies only to sets in their original, intended form.
  • Rule 73 (Ammendment): The Monorail set is always awesome.
  • Rule 845: Do not taunt Scott Rubin.
  • Rule 73: All LEGOs that aren't Town, Castle, or Space suck.
    You forgot pirate.
  • Rule 29: Falling Scott Rubin will land where he does most damage.
  • Rule 112: The rain in Spain falls mainly on Scott Rubin.
  • edited July 2008
    RULE 890-1: SCOTT RUBIN IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Rule 90:Longscott is loooooooooooong

Rule over 9000: Scott Rubin is a meme. Rym is not a meme.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Rule 96: Scott is the ultimate authority on Television shows even though he does not watch TV. His opinion is always correct, much to the chagrin of Firefly fans.
  • Rule 121 - Scott Rubin does not recognize any ambient temperatures other than "Wahm today" and "Woman!"
  • edited July 2008
    Rule 96: Scott is the ultimate authority on Television shows even though he does not watch TV. His opinion is always correct, much to the chagrin of Firefly fans.
    Rule 96a: If the Sci-fi show is in space and not the original trilogy of Star Wars or animated it should not have been made.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited July 2008
    Rule 96: Scott is the ultimate authority on Television shows even though he does not watch TV. His opinion is always correct, much to the chagrin of Firefly fans.
    Rule 96a: If the Sci-fi show is in space and not the original trilogy of Star Wars or animated it should not have been made.
    Rule 96b: If Rule 96a is applicable, then creators and all persons responsible for said show must procure a T.A.R.D.I.S., retroactively unmake the show, and issue a letter of apology to Scott Rubin.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited July 2008
    Rule 17:
    Gravity is not a law if Scott Rubin determines that it is not for the purposes of stimulating a "debate" that is actually an argument based on a false premise that Scott Rubin does not actually believe, just to be an asshole - with the unfortunate side-effect of turning off co-eds that thought Scott Rubin was cute until Scott Rubin opened his mouth.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • "Wahm today" and "Woman!"
    I've always wondered, where are those to "insiders" from? I was guessing Simpsons, but since I watch it in German I wouldn't know..
  • edited July 2008
    Rule 439:
    Scott Rubin is an expert on hockey and Formula One racing. He claims to be a fan of both. Apparently he has magical powers of perception, as he does not own a TV and does not watch any of these sports.

Rule 735:
    There are approximately 3.5 billion women on the planet. Scott can come up with approximately 3.5 billion excuses why they are not girlfriend material.

Rule 207:
    Without Rym, Scott would have no powers.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • edited July 2008
    Without Rym, Scott would have no powers.
    We have to go through the Rym to get the Scott. How can we defeat him now! Noooooooo!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Well, there is only one way...

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZAR!!!
  • Well, there is only one way...

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZAR!!!
    We can't make that sacrifice. *slow motion cinematic jump in front of LAZAR'd*

Ow the fact that I was alive a second ago.....
  • Rule 96.2 (a): Scott Rubin is capable of assessing the quality of any video game based solely on the title.
  • Scott Rubin is capable of assessing the quality of any video game based solely on the title.
    You know... These days, I have about a 95% hit rate with that method.
  • Factor in platform, studio and cover art and it isn't that hard.
    Add genre, and you've got 99.999%.
    I don't know, I've been pleasantly surprised by a couple of bargain games that I purchase only far after they are released because I didn't deem them worthy when they came out.
    I don't know, I've been pleasantly surprised by a couple of bargain games that I purchase only far after they are released because I didn't deem them worthy when they came out.
    Who said you have the same quality judgment skills that I have?
  • edited July 2008
    Who said you have the same quality judgment skills that I have?
    Who ever said you had quality judgment skills at all?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Who said you have the same quality judgment skills that I have?
    Who ever said you had quality judgment skills at all?
    It's implied. That's why you listen to my podcast, not the other way around.