This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Here are some ones that I've heard recently in some older episodes. I've also included ones that might have already been said, but are awesome nonetheless:

Ah! My Goddess
    How to get into Politics
    Japanese Culture
    Clothes/Fashion
    Gracie's
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Princess Mononoke (final thoughts would be interesting, since pretty much everyone has seen it)
    Spirited Away (Same as above)
    Sex
    More life or fun-related anecdotes
    Living in Japan (A good show for Emily to be on!)
    Soundcards?
    I echo the DDR episode, with the whole FRC
    How to not suck at Driving
    Home decoration
    Anime PVCs, Figures and shit

Just some reccomendations. :)
  • The Wolfire indie gaming team would like to be in the show, hopefully Rym and Scott accept them. As a big fan of their "Lugaru" and the upcoming "Overgrowth", listening to an interview of the team would be awesome.
    I'd like to hear that...

The whole reason I started listening to GeekNights was because of the interview they did with Tarn Adams all about Dwarf Fortress. From that show onward I was hooked. After a few episodes I began trawling though the archives and eventually I think I've listened to almost every show. I had a really long commute for a while there, and there's nothing better to distract you from the train ride than a good podcast of two.

So yeah, a Wolfire interview would be good. Just be sure to listen to the ModDB interview first!
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2009
    Get going with your gotdamn video content already! It's been at 3 years since you've been podcasting, you even said you were going to do this (along with the geeknights t-shirts). At least give us a video of your mamboleo dance just to tide us over. I know you guys aren't a bunch of shittalkers, so hop to it!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The Wolfire indie gaming team would like to be in the show, hopefully Rym and Scott accept them. As a big fan of their "Lugaru" and the upcoming "Overgrowth", listening to an interview of the team would be awesome.
    I'd like to hear that...

The whole reason I started listening to GeekNights was because of the interview they did with Tarn Adams all about Dwarf Fortress. From that show onward I was hooked. After a few episodes I began trawling though the archives and eventually I think I've listened to almost every show. I had a really long commute for a while there, and there's nothing better to distract you from the train ride than a good podcast of two.

So yeah, a Wolfire interview would be good. Just be sure to listen to the ModDB interview first!
    Well, I also found Geeknights because of the Tarn Adams interview! Overgrowth interview would surely bring traffic. As far as I know, Rym nor Scott has responded to the Overgrowth podcast request.
  • As far as I know, Rym nor Scott has responded to the Overgrowth podcast request.
    Just for reference, we very rarely accept unsolicited interviews in any circumstances. ^_~
  • As far as I know, Rym nor Scott has responded to the Overgrowth podcast request.
    Just for reference, we very rarely accept unsolicited interviews in any circumstances. ^_~
    Fair enough! Hopefully one day you will want to interview these guys. :)
  • Because the new MW movie is on it's way, I suggest that you review MW.
  • What about a retrospective/anecdote show about the Quake II era and Action Quake? You guys have done NS, CS and Tribes II which are some of the best FPS's ever made (especially Tribes II) but Quake II was really where the whole easily playable online FPSing began.
  • Social engineering.

Book club:
    Dune
    The Diamond Age Or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer
  • There haven't been many indie comic episodes lately.
  • Would it be possible for you to watch and review the Japanese drama Odoru Daisousasen? It's only eleven episodes long and I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. You could also go into the Bayside Shakedown movies as well.
  • Would it be possible for you to watch and review the Japanese dramaOdoru Daisousasen? It's only eleven episodes long and I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. You could also go into theBayside Shakedownmovies as well.
    They already did the movies, but they should also do the TV series.
  • Make a show about the Codex of Alchemical Engineering. That deserves it's own show at this point.
  • edited February 2009
    Can you do a Monday show about how to go about setting a public key and using it to authenticate documents (as in the legal/business kind), files and works?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Can you do a Monday show about how to go about setting a public key and using it to authenticate documents (as in the legal/business kind), files and works?
    Public/Private key cryptography is trivially explained in a million places on the Internets. Ask the Google.
  • The same thing can be said about most of your Monday topics.
  • Can you do a Monday show about how to go about setting a public key and using it to authenticate documents (as in the legal/business kind), files and works?
    Public/Private key cryptography is trivially explained in a million places on the Internets. Ask the Google.
    Security Now! has done a number of comprehensive shows on the topic.
  • An episode about any Thomas Pynchon novel.
  • I think I should take this opportunity to remind you all that Zombies part four is part of a thousand-part series and as such should come to pass.

This Warn You.
  • Or just do a show on Shaun of the Dead.
  • edited February 2009
    Or just do a show on Shaun of the Dead.
    *smack* If you're not gonna help then Shut your damn mouth. Do you know when the last zombie episode was? Nearly TWO YEARS AGO. The first episode of this podcast I ever listened to was Zombies: Part 1.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The tall guy with the long neck and long hair, just behind the evil Sean Penn, is a really good friend of mine. It's funny because when you type "zombies" into google, there he is.
  • I would love if you did shows on these topics:
    -Snatcher (video game)
    -Blade Runner (movie)
    -The Legend of Zelda (video game)
    Thank you for the consideration.
  • edited February 2009
    *smack* If you're not gonna help then Shut your damn mouth. Do you know when the last zombie episode was? Nearly TWO YEARS AGO. The first episode of this podcast I ever listened to was Zombies: Part 1.
    Hey! Shaun of the Dead was awesome. You deny it's awesome-ness?!

How about your favorite books you loved as a kid.

I look back into my childhood and remember a shitload of Judy Blume.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited March 2009
    I don't post much but I thought this might make a good recommendation.

What about a show on a fairly old* anime such as Dennou Coil or Raxephon** which is a bit older?
    Or maybe even S.E. Lain? Although, that might be a bit... well... complicated.

*1 year old, thanks mate for whispering me about that :)
    **I do believe I spelled that properly
    Post edited by Stillworks on
  • edited March 2009
    Hey! Shaun of the Dead was awesome. You deny it's awesome-ness?!

How about your favorite books you loved as a kid.

I look back into my childhood and remember a shitload of Judy Blume.
    This is a great idea. I used to read A LOT. I've read every single Hardy Boys book ever written up to abut 6 years ago, including the really old ones in the faded blue colored hardback. I started reading Nancy Drew because it was close enough and I ran out. :P
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • How about a tech episode involving Flash and it's uses therein?
  • They hate flash and hate it and hate it.

P.S. Do you have a mustache? Your tiny icon looks like it.
  • They hate flash and hate it and hate it.

P.S. Do you have a mustache? Your tiny icon looks like it.
    Why?! How could anyone hate flash?! And to answer your question, I do indeed have a 'stache. Maybe I'll post a pic one day.