This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Review the Order of the Stick Boardgame.
    This. One thousand times this. You could even just record yourselves and whoever you played with playing it and it would be a great show.
    That would probably be the single greatest video ever uploaded.
  • I need to actually read the rules for that game myself. Something seemed off about what was going on in general.
  • We were definitely screwing it up, but in hilarious fashion.
  • I need to actually read the rules for that game myself. Something seemed off about what was going on in general.
    The number 1 thing we screwed up was that Schticks don't "tap"; extra copies of a schtick instead boost the schtick.
  • Hurry up and talk about PAX East. I'm already missing it and need my fix so I can recount the memories of such a wonderful time.

Also, if you have a lot of games round up episode coming up, include Mafia/Are You a Werewolf/Stink Bean Mafia in it. ^^
    The number 1 thing we screwed up was that Schticks don't "tap"; extra copies of a schtick instead boost the schtick.
    Do things get boosted multiple times? So for example, with the heal and steal, would I have just had a +3 wounds healed instead of two spells and a wand that gave another boost?
  • Yes. The boost is applied for every copy of the schtick, plus any equipped treasures.
  • That makes significantly more sense and wraps up one of the crazy problems I was having. Of course, it's not like I wanted to heal more than one wound to you guys... unless that also let me take more than one treasure which I believe it does not.
  • You've discussed lag in passing before, but I'm increasingly interested in how lag happens and what can be done to correct it.
  • I've searched and I don't think anyone's made this sugestion before so here it goes.

Show on STEINS;GATE!!!!!

Pretty please!
  • They never do shows people suggest. They just can't handle not being the ones suggesting the shows. Prove me wrong.
  • These suggestions go into a hopper. The only reason we haven't done many of them yet is that we haven't yet consumed the media in question.

Believe me, every time we need a show idea, I browse this thread. Emily even went through once and made us a list of show ideas to do. ;^)
  • Well consume some fucking media then, for a change. All you do is put it out, it's like you have a freaking job and a social life. Just get on them lazy asses and do nothing for a change, JEEEEZ.
  • You say a lot of things go in the hopper. Where is the magical "hopper" and is there something else in there that is keeping these from happening? Perhaps a worm hole, or a paradox, or an unsolved rubik's cube.
  • You say a lot of things go in the hopper. Where is the magical "hopper" and is there something else in there that is keeping these from happening?
    Not to seem trite, but the answer is "a busy and fulfilling life." ;^)

My calendar is literally almost completely booked, every single day, for the next month and a half, with crazy shit. Two shows a week, Burning Wheel games, Board Game Nights (our own and NerdNYC's), traveling to Turkey, the Five Borough Bike Tour, Zenkaikon, recently MoCCA, biking, bouldering, playing NS2 and CounterStrike, watching Korra and (recently) the Venture Brothers archives, recording/planning/editing RFE, writing panels for upcoming conventions, planning a death march through the Adirondacks, actually going on said death march for a weekend, cooking, rabbits, chores, two games I'm designing/writing/working on, playing with Unity (to eventually make a third game), interviews, and occasionally sleeping.

I also have a job.

Youth means infinite time and no money. Adulthood means (for the lucky) infinite money and no time. I literally have to drop something (like going to a concert) to add something (like going hiking). Anything, any media in the world, that I choose to consume, comes with a substantial opportunity cost.

My hopper is growing faster than any human could empty it. As such, it is a rare thing that ever rises above something else.
  • Youth means infinite time and no money. Adulthood means (for the lucky) infinite money and no time.
    This. Don't forget being in a relationship too also changes your priorities.
  • edited April 2012
    There's lots of things I wish I could be doing while I'm doing other stuff I want to do. This is also one of my major issues with any sort of video media. I know how long it will take to consume a certain amount of media and often that amount of time is not one that I wish to devote to. However other media may go faster or slower depending on my ability, which can be a gamble.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Where the hell is my infinite money? Did I miss some meeting or something?
  • Where the hell is my youth? I thought I had infinite time. You lied to me Rym, you lied.
  • Where the hell is my youth? I thought I had infinite time. You lied to me Rym, you lied.
    Ahhh, much like the infinite number of numbers between numbers, you have infinite free time only within the youth itself.

Adulthood still marches on. It's like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
  • So if grown-ups have infinite money, why is it that my family is not going to PAX and we aren't replacing our cars with APCs? Don't say it's because "they have different priorities," because these are Constantine's ideas.
  • So if grown-ups have infinite money, why is it that my family is not going to PAX and we aren't replacing our cars with APCs? Don't say it's because "they have different priorities," because these are Constantine's ideas.
    Responsible grownups don't have infinite money, only irresponsible ones do. ^_~
  • Responsible grownups don't have infinite money, only irresponsible ones do. ^_~
    Note to self, be less responsible.
  • I just recently heard your segment on the "Kings gambit" and you mentioned a couple of times, that you don´t enjoy chess.
    I wonder if you ever tried to play shogi.
    I myself do not enjoy chess all that much but do like competitive mind-games, and I found that shogi is a chess variant, that fixes some flaws in the chess-gameplay.
    My main complaint with chess was, that the winner of the game is often decided way before the game ends. Practically if you are a Queen or even a Rock behind in material you can already give up. In Shogi its not only possible but common, to win if your down material.
    And in shogi you will see much more turn-around-games and sacrifices than in chess. I think that makes the game more exiting.
    I would really like to know weather you like this game, if you ever playtest it.
  • I like Shoji quite a bit, but I've only played it a few times.
    Ahhh, much like the infinite number of numbers between numbers, you have infinite free time only within the youth itself.

Adulthood still marches on. It's like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
    Fuck that noise. You lied.
    Where do I download the irresponsibility patch? I must've missed a dot release or something.

• edited May 2012
    So if grown-ups have infinite money, why is it that my family is not going to PAX and we aren't replacing our cars with APCs? Don't say it's because "they have different priorities," because these are Constantine's ideas.
    Irresponsible grownups = Goldman Sachs?

BTW, there is a street legal WWII armored personnel carrier for sale in Massachusetts for a mere $74K. Think I can do a kickstarter on this? "For a $2000 donation I will drive over the illegally parked car of your choice."

http://www.site.ww2mv.com/M8_Armored_Car_For_Sale.php

Although in Hungary there's an amphibious Soviet era APC that runs for a mere $13.5. How much could shipping cost? http://armyjeeps.net/BDRM2/russian_brdm.htm

Post edited by Constantine on
  • MOBA games.