This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Left4Dead

167891012»

Comments

• What is the minimum Mac to purchase for Steam purposes?
  • edited October 2010
    What is the minimum Mac to purchase for Steam purposes?
    Depends on what games you want to play, and how well you want to play them.

They make a 27" iMac witha Radeon 5750 that isn't too slow.

Personally, if I had to use a Mac for gaming, nothing less than the Mac Pro would suffice. They just don't put powerful video cards in the Macs.
    Post edited by Apreche on
    Build a hackintosh.
  • edited October 2010
    Build a hackintosh.
    Sadly, this or a Mac Pro with a bunch of parts swapped out, which would probably cost more than a Macbook and gaming desktop combined.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    Depends on what games you want to play, and how well you want to play them.

They make a 27" iMac witha Radeon 5750 that isn't too slow.

Personally, if I had to use a Mac for gaming, nothing less than the Mac Pro would suffice. They just don't put powerful video cards in the Macs.
    Well, the 5750 in that iMac you mentioned is a decent card, but at this stage I definitely wouldn't want to buy a new computer with one of those.

Higher-end Macs grow increasingly more overpriced, so you're getting an extremely bad deal if you go for a good gaming spec.
  • Well, the 5750 in that iMac you mentioned is a decent card, but at this stage I definitely wouldn't want to buy a new computer with one of those.
    The thing is, you can only get it if you get the 27" iMac. Read that again. 27". Yeah.
  • Just buy any mid-range PC on the market with a dedicated graphics card. Chances are, you'll be fine.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, the 5750 in that iMac you mentioned is a decent card, but at this stage I definitely wouldn't want to buy a new computer with one of those.
    The thing is, you can only get it if you get the 27" iMac. Read that again. 27". Yeah.
    Well, that's fine if you have the desk space for it. It's still a lot cheaper than the base Mac Pro, which actually has slightly worse specs and no screen by default.

Of course, both are rather overpriced.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Noobie influx, even in advanced.
  • Noobie influx, even in advanced.
    You think that any gamer with a Mac has skills? Lol.
  • edited October 2010
    The noob influx is probably due to the huge price drop.

Played The Sacrafice. Verdict: Confusing anticlimax.

One thing I don't get is that I think, once you start the last generator, you die instantly (Though I wasn't keeping an eye on my health.) which I though should have been you'd have to fend off as long as possible for that one person.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Shit I still need to get the cash to buy the combo pack. Anybody wanna gift it to me and then let me gift them a game in the future that's around the same price? haha
  • Just picked Sacrifice up today. Will play tomorrow.
  • The Sacrifice for L4D was sorta disappointing. Challenging certainly, but I don't feel it was really worth the points.
  • The Sacrifice for L4D was sorta disappointing. Challenging certainly, but I don't feel it was really worth the points.
    Well duh it's free on the PC ;-p
  • Man, I'm not playing it more than once and I got it free..
  • L4D right now, join us on Steam if you can.