This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited December 2009
    This "University" (read: diploma mill).
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • This"University" (read: diploma mill).
    I thought that was a joke, but that actually is the place. LOL!
  • Patriot Bible University, it seems. Pretty sure they're unaccredited.
    They're "accredited" by Accrediting Commission International, which is basically no accreditation at all. From Wiki:
    "said Alan Contreras, who heads Oregon's Office of Degree Authorization, which closely tracks schools with questionable accreditation. 'Anything accredited by ACI in Beebe, Ark., is either fake or substandard, as far as I know.'"
    ACI is not recognized by either Council for Higher Education Accreditation or United States Department of Education, the two institutions responsible for recognizing educational accreditating institutions in the United States.[4][5] According to its website, ACI had not applied for USDE affiliation as of 2007 because most of its members' views regarding separation of church and state.[1]
  • edited December 2009
    Good to see that the House has some extra time to kill.
    Post edited by beefy on
  • Finals start tomorrow. I studied from 4pm to 1am last night; presently, I look like a POW, complete with dark circles under my eyes and the vague look of someone coping with the onset of malnutrition. However, tomorrow is a chem final that I MUST get 70% or higher on after the curve to get a B- or above in chem. And so, I'm seriously debating trudging through 4 degree weather halfway across campus to get help from my TA...or, I could order food in, study this myself, and die a bit inside.

Life sucks.
  • Good to see that the House hassome extra timeto kill.
    Time-wasting aside, I don't see how this is the government's business. Can someone explain that to me?
  • Time-wasting aside, I don't see how this is the government's business. Can someone explain that to me?
    Lobbyists paid enough congressmen to make it an issue. There is a lot of money in college athletics. That's the only reason this came up.
  • Good to see that the House hassome extra timeto kill.
    Time-wasting aside, I don't see how this is the government's business. Can someone explain that to me?
    I am wondering the same thing.
  • Finals start tomorrow. I studied from 4pm to 1am last night; presently, I look like a POW, complete with dark circles under my eyes and the vague look of someone coping with the onset of malnutrition. However, tomorrow is a chem final that I MUST get 70% or higher on after the curve to get a B- or above in chem. And so, I'm seriously debating trudging through 4 degree weather halfway across campus to get help from my TA...or, I could order food in, study this myself, and die a bit inside.
    You need to get sleep. There's a lot of evidence to suggest that during sleep, things we have learned through the course of the day are consolidated and stored. Your memory is much better served though rest.
    You need to get sleep. There's a lot of evidence to suggest that during sleep, things we have learned through the course of the day are consolidated and stored. Your memory is much better served though rest.
    Today was reading day, so I slept from 3am to 1pm. I'm feeling really rested now, and I spent an hour with my TA working on the material I hadn't studied yet, so I feel pretty secure in my chem knowledge.

Next up is calc.
  • Rochester. In the winter. 'Nuff said.
  • edited December 2009
    Rochester. In the winter. 'Nuff said.
    What's your temperature out there, boy? In degrees Fahrenheit and degrees Woman, please.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    What's your temperature out there, boy? In degrees Fahrenheit and degrees Woman, please.
    Hmm...
    Seeing as how I don't swear, it just gets a "WOMAN! IT'S FREAKING COLD OUT HERE!."
    But it's actually 20 degrees or so.
  • But it's actually 20 degrees or so.
    It's 4 here. So, I'd give it a "BUT GODDAMN, WOMAN, IT IS MUTHAFUCKIN' COLD!!" Or, if it is more appealing to your sensibilities, a "GOTTDANG, WOMAN, IT IS MUTHAFREAKIN' COLD!!"

What is the coldest it usually gets out in Rochester? I know we hit -30 with wind chill in Chicago last year.
  • But it's actually 20 degrees or so.
    It's 4 here. So, I'd give it a "BUT GODDAMN, WOMAN, IT IS MUTHAFUCKIN'COLD!!" Or, if it is more appealing to your sensibilities, a "GOTTDANG, WOMAN, IT IS MUTHAFREAKIN'COLD!!"

What is the coldest it usually gets out in Rochester? I know we hit -30 with wind chill in Chicago last year.
    The windchill dips down to about -10 to -20 sometimes. In the dead of January it starts to feel around -5 or -10.
  • edited December 2009
    I hate January with a passion. It's as if all heat in Illinois took a vacation, and everything is cold. You are cold, your house is cold, the city is cold...Your heart is cold.

...Cold as ice.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My utilities bill for the period of November 3rd - December 3rd is a full $30 more than the previous bill. The reason? Poorly insulated windows. Time to fix that.
  • edited December 2009
    [Foreigner]
    Don't do that.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • [Foreigner]
    Don't do that.
    Sorry. My perception of good ideas vs. bad ones is a little effed right now due to my mind being primarily concerned with buffers and molecular geometries. I'll curb my use of the Foreigner belt.
  • Yesterday was my birthday. Each year, I go visit with my grandmother who gives me a greeting card and a "getting older" speech. Times have been tough on her, but she still gave me $25. I always feel guilty taking it, because she so obviously needs it, but I don't like to hurt her feelings. This year, though, the situation has gotten worse. Her husband, who isn't my grandfather and never really liked me from the time I was 5, is obviously in a bad state. He walks with small steps as though he were wearing high heels. His short term memory is shot. He rarely speaks or eats, and refuses to take his medicine. He obviously has some form of dementia, but my grandmother is powerless. He refuses to get help, and they have little money. I just don't know what to do.
    I have a painfully sunburned neck.
  • The windchill dips down to about -10 to -20 sometimes. In the dead of January it starts to feel around -5 or -10.
    It's currently -8 in real degrees. You know, the kind civilized people use.
  • The windchill dips down to about -10 to -20 sometimes. In the dead of January it starts to feel around -5 or -10.
    It's currently -8 inrealdegrees. You know, the kindcivilized peopleuse.
    I'm...I'm sorry...I feel ashamed...
    Stupid Weather.com, lying to me...
  • It's currently -8 inrealdegrees. You know, the kindcivilized peopleuse.
    We'll have none of your french degree nonsense, what is it in American degrees.
  • what is it in American degrees
    Woman.
  • Real men note the temperature in degrees Kelvin.
  • Real men note the temperature in degreesKelvin.
    How do I convert Woman to Kelvin?
  • Real men note the temperature in degreesKelvin.
    How do I convert Woman to Kelvin?
    Woman = Degrees Kelvin + 273 * (SQR (Complaining about the cold) / sinh (You never take me anywhere)) - ln (You smell like a distillery)
  • How do I convert Woman to Kelvin?
    Surgery.