This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• FAIL: I'm rather sick.

2xFAIL: I missed two birthday parties last night.
  • Coming up with a good panel description is hard. :(
  • US liquor laws are woeful in their needless complexity and arbitrary capriciousness.
    It is because they vary so wildly from town-to-town and from State-to-State. That industry needs some emmer-effin' regulation or inter-State standards. Also, as someone that is legally over the drinking age, I should be able to buy alcohol of any variety at any given time.
    Yeah, sort of like how I should be able to buy a gun or a drug of any variety at any time. Darn those regulations on the sale of firearms and prescription drugs...

The fact is that our governments regulate the sale of many things. There is no fundamental right to purchase alcohol free from regulation in our country. Blue laws can be challenged on an Establishment Clause basis, but that's a hard suit to win in Georgia.
    I have no problem with regulation when it is consistant and based on reason. When it is wholley inconsistent and often times based on religious tradition, then I call bullshit.
  • Welcome to America, where our founders were kicked out of England for being too religious. :P
  • Actually, if someone challenges a law then the government has to at least show a rational basis for the law. The trick is being in a position to show that you have standing to challenge it.
  • then the government has to at least show a rational basis for the law
    Of course, as the New York State Court of Appeals has demonstrated, the definition of "rational" is up for debate.
  • I just spent several minutes searching online for a picture of a head at just the right angle, for drawing reference, before remembering that I have a digital camera right next to me.
  • My allergies are going nuts, and I may have succeeded in sneezing so much I hurt my pharynx. Shit.
  • I picked up Too Homan for Xbox super cheap from Hollywood Video since it's going out of business. However, the disc had tons of little shallow scratches on it and wouldn't get past the first few screens before giving the "unreadable disc" error. I took it back, they put it in their disc repair magic machine, and the disc came out remarkably clean and scratch-less. However, upon testing the disc this morning, it wouldn't even load up. Looks like another trip to Hollywood Video is in my future. >_<
  • My blood test came back, it's all kinds of bad.
  • My blood test came back, it's all kinds of bad.
    What did the results say?
  • blood pressure, high
    HDLs low
    triglyceries high
    LDL/HDL ratio bad
    CRP high (hopefully this is my sunburn I had the day I had my blood drawn).
  • What did the results say?
    No blood.
  • No blood.
    I wish, I'd be better off. I wouldn't feel literally sick worrying about this.
  • Well are the results so high/low from the norm that you have to take medication? Or are they close enough to be able to be controlled with a few lifestyle changes?
  • You ask those questions like I have any idea how to answer them.
    Oh, I thought you might have already talked to your physician about it.

Normally when I get my lab results back, it shows the normal levels and where I'm at, and at the end my physician tells me what I need to do to improve them.
    exercise time!
  • exercise time!
    If I don't drop dead as a result of it. >_>
  • If I don't drop dead as a result of it. >_>
    Well don't run a marathon right off the bat but start getting more active that should lower your blood pressure and work out some of your HDL/LDL issues.
  • So too much saturated fat can cause cholesterol problems, and too many carbs can cause trigylceride problems...WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT???
  • So too much saturated fat can cause cholesterol problems, and too many carbs can cause trigylceride problems...WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT???
    image This! Honestly just get into running it will burn the carbs and reduce your cholesterol over time.
    Less of both?
    Talk to your doctor. See a nutritionist. It's not the end of the world. ^_~
  • edited April 2010
    So too much saturated fat can cause cholesterol problems, and too many carbs can cause trigylceride problems...WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT???
    Quick question: were you fasting before you had your blood drawn? Your fasting state can really change the results of some blood tests.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Quick question: were you fasting before you had your blood drawn? That can royally fuck with some blood tests.
    This is true. I forgot about this. If you had HDL/LDL done, you should have been fasting.
  • This is true. I forgot about this. If you had HDL/LDL done, you should have been fasting.
    It also messes with triglycerides, and if you've had caffeine, your blood pressure may have been elevated.
  • edited April 2010
    I was fasting, hence the fail.

EDIT: I did have a pretty heinously bad diet the day before, how much would something like that skew this?
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Vegetables, George. Fruits and vegetables exist and are edible, contrary to popular American belief. Meat and bread are not the only foods that exist. Mushrooms are also an excellent source of amino acids without much of the negatives of meat.
  • My friend thinks that because this was a company sponsored event that all the numbers are lies to get the employees to eat healthier. :P