This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I wasted an entire day yesterday playing a video game. I've never wasted a day so completely unless I was sick.
    Is it a waste if you had fun?
  • Just had my first beer tonite (Coors Light)...it tasted like SHIT! How do you people drink this stuff?!
    Beer can be and is quite tasty, just not that stuff.
    Agreed. 99.9% of the macrobrews are your classic "sex in a canoe" beer. Coors, Miller, Bud, etc. are good for quenching a thirst after sweating your ass off mowing the lawn (or some such) but for all other intents and purposes they're piss-water. But hey, at least they're cheap piss-water. If you've got a local brew pub then you should swing in there and let the bartender know that you're interested in beers that aren't watered-down mass-produced crap and they'll probably be able to hook you up with some samples to help you try and figure out what type of beers you like. No brew pub? See if there's a local liquor store with imported beer and talk to the guy who does the selection for the imports. Worst case scenario: Pick out something that costs more than $6 for a six-pack and try it out. If you don't like it, use the rest of it to boil bratwurst or make beer bread and move on to something different.
  • I wasted an entire day yesterday playing a video game. I've never wasted a day so completely unless I was sick.
    Wadams must be so proud of you. ^_^
    I am with the exception of I didn't get to play my Xbox at all yesterday, and discovered that I am now absolutely terrible at Counter-Strike.
  • I was having a great day till about an hour ago. I hate sudden turns like this and I wish I could kick over a shelf of glasses right now.
  • That's much more along the line of moonshine/grappa/whatever your local rotgut is. Beer can be and is quite tasty, just not that stuff.
    Yes, but what he meant was people drink Coors light for it's alcoholic qualities and nothing more.
    Stuff like Keystone and Coors is only tolerable shotgunned. And even then, it's difficult to drink.

However, better Coors than Milwaukee's Best Light.
  • However, better Coors than Milwaukee's Best Light.
    Or Natural Ice.
  • However, better Coors than Milwaukee's Beast.
    FTFY.
  • It's called alcohol. Not many people drink it for the taste.
    That's why I never developed a taste for beer. I don't like being drunk, not even a little bit, and even good beers are an acquired taste, so I figured, why bother acquiring it?
  • even good beers are an acquired taste, so I figured, why bother acquiring it?
    Really? That's interesting, I always kind of liked beer, from the first time I tried it. Then again, I steer far clear of the cheap kind.
  • Really? That's interesting, I always kind of liked beer, from the first time I tried it. Then again, I steer far clear of the cheap kind.
    Hmm -- maybe there are good beers that are not an acquired taste. Certainly things like Newcastle and Guinness are a lot less terrible than Coors or something, but I still didn't think they were good.
  • That's much more along the line of moonshine/grappa/whatever your local rotgut is. Beer can be and is quite tasty, just not that stuff.
    Yes, but what he meant was people drink Coors light for it's alcoholic qualities and nothing more.
    Stuff like Keystone and Coors is only tolerable shotgunned. And even then, it's difficult to drink.

However, better Coors than Milwaukee's Best Light.
    Those beers, Coors, Budweiser...we made those in the 40s-50s as summery, light ales for ladies to drink while men were at war. :D

I think that going into beers is an acquired taste, like wine. You have to do a little searching around for the perfect kind of beer that you like and the beer type that you really enjoy.
  • Many beers are quite accessible for the newbie.

Honestly, start with Sam Adams. Maybe not Boston Lager - it's a bit hoppy for many people - but Oktoberfest, Noble Pils, and any of their wheat beers are quite good.

Hefeweizens are very very drinkable, and they're generally not hoppy, so they're not too aggressive. They are quite yeasty and a bit bready, but if you like that sort of thing, go for it.

I still tout Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA as an amazing brew, but I don't know how accessible it is. It's quite sweet - it tastes an awful lot like thin caramel with a bit of a hoppy bite - but it'll also knock you on your ass at 18% ABV.
  • I still tout Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA as an amazing brew, but I don't know how accessible it is. It's quite sweet - it tastes an awful lot like thin caramel with a bit of a hoppy bite - but it'll also knock you on your ass at 18% ABV.
    I want to drink one of these by myself one day...if I can ever find it.
  • I still tout Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA as an amazing brew, but I don't know how accessible it is. It's quite sweet - it tastes an awful lot like thin caramel with a bit of a hoppy bite - but it'll also knock you on your ass at 18% ABV.
    I want to drink one of these by myself one day...if I can ever find it.
    I had one by myself, as the Superbowl started. I fell asleep before halftime. and took a 10 minute nap.
  • I had the pleasure of having a Dogfish 90 and 120 while playing D&D over the 4th of July weekend. They were quite delicious.
  • I had the pleasure of having a Dogfish 90 and 120 while playing D&D; over the 4th of July weekend. They were quite delicious.
    +20 to STR if you were playing a fighter.
  • Shaman. The Str did no good save punching my roommate in the balls when he left my character to die and I lived. Revenge was mine!
  • Kilian's Irish Red is a good newbie beer, IMHO. So is Kirin Ichiban.
  • I asked Natalie to drop me off at the bookstore near where she tutors, so that I could have a pleasant change of scenery while I worked today. Not only did it take me a couple of hours to find a seat (a small annoyance), but it turns out this is the store where my ex is currently working, and she's wandering around now. I don't think she's seen me and I don't want her to... also, I can't really leave until Natalie comes back.

Wish me luck in avoiding an awkward situation, or in turning an awkward situation into an awesome one.
  • If you come across your ex, try to enlist her in hiding from another, fictional ex who you've seen wandering around. Keep adding people you want to avoid as long as you can keep it up.
  • So I should break out one of those really long scrolled lists of names and dash out the door if we should cross paths, issat what you're sayin'?
  • I suggest that you win the relationship by proving how awesome your life is now.
  • I suggest that you win the relationship by proving how awesome your life is now.
    That's a reason why I was waiting for my fiancee to meet me for lunch, till she bailed on me. Grrarhg. Whatever, I'm sick of sitting here and avoiding being in the open. I want a food, and if she sees me, she'll see a happy me living an awesome life full of awesome.
  • Looks like the nuts at Westboro have found something else for us to burn in hell for. These fucking nuts never cease to amaze me.
  • Looks like the nuts at Westboro have found something else to get in the news for.
    FTFY
  • The Powers That Be where I work have tasked me with evaluating network security software packages as well as network vulnerability scanning packages. What they failed to take into account is that darned near every website I try to get to for informational purposes is blocked by our corporate firewall due to it being related to "hacking". *headdesk*
  • Im buzy getting ready for my vacation and I decide to bring my DS and a few choice games with me. Well after two days of searching I find out that I have no chargers for it and am missing alot games including both of my Zelda games, Both of my Professor Layton games, and Tetris DS. I have a good idea what happened to them, but I cant prove it so I will bite my tounge.
  • My dreams have started recurring.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm 90% sure I left one of my favorite Threadless shirts at the hotel I stayed at last Friday in Astoria, OR. >.<

I'll be calling today to see if it's there and will have to pay UPS to pick up and ship it too me. ; _ ;
    Post edited by Rochelle on