This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Well, we all know advertising is dying. Expect increasingly bottomed barrels in the years to come.
  • So, I have a tropical storm heading my way. Awesome.
  • Well, we all know advertising is dying. Expect increasingly bottomed barrels in the years to come.
    Advertising to persuade is going south but advertising to inform you of things you didn't know existed will probably stick around.
  • Goddamnit - Someone used a local expression here, that something was "Bigger than Ten bears" and I automatically said to them "You can't lift ten bears."
  • edited July 2010
    Because one of our branch offices is full of LOSE and FAIL, yours truly may have to preempt all of the tasks he had scheduled for today make a two hour trip north to check out a server, just to be able to determine "Yep, its OS is hosed and its RAM is shot, gonna have to order parts and wait for the tech to come out to repair it."
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • Goddamnit - Someone used a local expression here, that something was "Bigger than Ten bears" and I automatically said to them "You can't lift ten bears."
    Heh, awesome.
  • So, I have a tropical storm heading my way. Awesome.
    oh man, this made me look up the storm, and I'm on the dry side of it!
    My fail: My bike chain slipped and wedged itself between the gears, took me 10 min to get it out, and made my hands horrendously greasy in the process. Also Matlab doesn't protect it's function names expressly to make my life harder.
  • Also Matlab doesn't protect it's function names expressly to make my life harder.
    Fucking Matlab. My college uses that damn shit. Do you know how many time I've had to install that this week? Fucking hell.
  • It does indeed suck, last time I had to install it, it took around 8 hours from connecting to finish. This was mostly because I was connecting to a sever across the country but didn't make me happy.
  • The way that the One Manga forum users are reacting to the shut down of the illigal site is hilarious. They act like their old friend just died.
  • The way that the One Manga forum users are reacting to the shut down of the illigal site is hilarious.They act like their old friend just died.
    It's even more hilarious that they didn't expect this coming anytime soon. As illegal as this, I think they're still under the delusion that scanlations are what is causing them to die and just can't get it through their heads that they are repeatedly shooting themselves because of going after the least viable demographic. What will it take?
  • edited July 2010
    They're doing it again...
    Note the extremely small waist and gigantic misshapen boobs on the middle girl. Remember, this is supposed to resemble this.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Not sure if want....
  • Gave the cats a some tuna cat food from Trader Joe's as a nice treat. Too bad Rorschach didn't agree with it and ended up puking all over me as I picked him up. :(
  • They're doing it again...
    Note the extremely small waist and gigantic misshapen boobs on the middle girl. Remember, this is supposed to resemble this.
    Two things: Wow, the comic actually manages to be worse than that ad, and they're in a freaking webring.
  • edited July 2010
    AUGH!!! NINTENDO! ACTIVISION! WHY?!!! What the FUCK is this Daniel Craig shit?! Why did you change the plot?! All you had to do was port over Goldeneye. That was IT. It would have been SO SIMPLE. And yet you've gone and FUCKED IT UP!

AUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Answer: They wouldn't be able to sell a straight port for as much money. It's a cash in.
  • They're doing it again...
    Two things: Wow, the comic actually manages to be worse than that ad, and they're in a freaking webring.
    Wow. Four years of that dreck and the artists' ability hasn't improved one iota, let alone the quality of the story. Also, who the hell still uses webrings? I haven't seen one worth looking at since '98, and even then they were pretty shitty.
  • Wow. Four years of that dreckand the artists' ability hasn't improved one iota, let alone the quality of the story. Also, who the hell still uses webrings? I haven't seen one worth looking at since '98, and even then they were pretty shitty.
    I don't even know what webrings are...
  • Wow. Four years of that dreck
    and the artists' ability hasn't improved one iota, let alone the quality of the story. Also, who the hell still uses webrings? I haven't seen one worth looking at since '98, and even then they were pretty shitty.
    I don't even know what webrings are... ...and now I feel old.
  • ...and now I feel old.
    You're not the only one.
  • ...and now I feel old.
    You're not the only one.
    Hell, that made ME feel old.
  • Hell, that made ME feel old.
    I can just imagine the look on hungryjoe's face when he reads these last few posts.
    Me too.
    Me three.
  • "Huh? You wipper-snappers, I remember in the old days, long before the war, we had to use smoke signals, and we were better for it!"
    Me three.
    Got damn, I feel like a grandma.
    Me three.
    Got damn, I feel like a grandma.
    VICKI!! What have I told you about skipping your medication, back to the Old Folks Home!
  • Today tonight, A rather terrible Tabloid Pseudo-journalism show on the Seven Network down here was doing one of their usual woo-woo reports about a miracle spring in France, which included a long, fancy, google earth-ish pan shot from Sydney to the chalet town in France. Except, when the pan-and-zoomed in on the town, they missed France entirely, and zoomed right in on mountains in Belgium, which I'm not entirely sure are where they showed them to be.

I mean, sure, it's shonky reporting all the way with that show, and always has been, but seriously, guys, How about checking a fuckin' atlas?