This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited July 2010
    My lineage has lots of different kinds of cancers, diabeetus, mental disorders, the fatness, heart disorders... Oh, and my hair is already salt and pepper. I'll likely be all gray by my 30's.

Although, being young with gray hair might not be so bad. If nothing I'll be slightly more bishounen.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • My family is lucky to have very few lethal hereditary illnesses. We have other things, like bad vision, early loss of hearing, early hair loss and graying, spinal problems (like I have scoliosis), and alcoholism. Otherwise, our family is known to live very long, even a few in the century club.
  • edited July 2010
    They're making a Fairly Odd Parents live action movie. Couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

"Last Airbender now Fairly Oddparents live action movie? I'm kind of glad my show got the boot if this is how success is rewarded!" - Jhonen Vasquez on Twitter just now

Post edited by Sail on
  • "Last Airbender now Fairly Oddparents live action movie? I'm kind of glad my show got the boot if this is how success is rewarded!" - Jhonen Vasquez on Twitter just now
    Truly, he is indeed an under-recognized genius.
  • edited July 2010
    They're making a Fairly Odd Parents live action movie. Couldn't make this shit up if I tried.
    They're obviously just trying to milk the current generation's nostalgia morbid curiosity hoping they can make enough money by gnawing on our old favorite dishes then regurgitating them and hoping we'll enjoy it enough to pay them well because we said we liked it when it was first cooked.
    I'm pretty certain a Fairly Odd Parents movie would be terrible. It would lack the zany charm of animation and would also have to super-impose an actual plot to an otherwise largely episodic idea. Here's to betting it's going to be another romantic comedy about a nerdy guy who gets with the hot chick.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • Here's to betting it's going to be another romantic comedy about a nerdy guy who gets with the hot chick.
    And lots of Deus Ex Machina.
  • They're making a Fairly Odd Parents live action movie. Couldn't make this shit up if I tried.
    DO NOT WANT!!!
  • "Last Airbender now Fairly Oddparents live action movie? I'm kind of glad my show got the boot if this is how success is rewarded!" - Jhonen Vasquez on Twitter just now
    Truly, he is indeed an under-recognized genius.
    "Let's cast the hideously ill-conceived INVADER ZIM movie, yeah? I think we can all agree that GIR would have to be played by Tommy Wiseau."

"INVADER ZIM movie. Director: WERNER HERZOG."

"Awesome. Breaking casting news. @cunch just announced Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Minimoose and Patrick Stewart as BLOATY! BAM!"
  • "INVADER ZIM movie. Director: WERNER HERZOG."
    I lol'd.
  • Here's to betting it's going to be another romantic comedy about a nerdy guy who gets with the hot chick.
    And lots of Deus Ex Machina.
    And retarded people.
    And constant running gags.
    And an old, tired Schwarzenegger gag.
    And shallow, schitzophrenic people who easily get bored.

Seriously, how easy is it to make movies these days? And yet so many of them are terrible.
  • Just because you can make a movie doesn't mean you should.
  • Just because you can make a movie doesn't mean you should.
    I keep telling you matty, M. Night Shammy doesn't read the forums.
  • I wonder if they will keep Mr. Crocker's crazy rant spasms.
  • I just researched this some more...George Costanza is playing Cosmo. What the fuck, what the fuck.
  • New York

Citi Field
    New York Mets
    Vendors with critical violations: 45%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found 20 pounds of grilled chicken registered at 70 degrees in a refrigerator, about 30 degrees warmer than allowed.

HSBC Arena
    Buffalo Sabres
    Vendors with critical violations: 8%

Inspection report excerpt: Two critical violations for having a toxic chemical in an unlabeled spray bottle.

Madison Square Garden
    New York Knicks, New York Rangers
    Vendors with critical violations: 61%

Inspection report excerpt: At one stand, inspectors found "53 mouse excreta" (38 on top of a metal box underneath the cash registers in the front food-prep/service area and 15 on top of a carbonated-beverage dispensing unit).

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
    New York Islanders
    Vendors with critical violations: 0%

Inspection report excerpt: No critical or major violations.

Ralph Wilson Stadium
    Buffalo Bills
    Vendors with critical violations: 12%

Inspection report excerpt: In one case an inspector ordered workers at one stand to toss all hot dogs and sausages because they were too warm while waiting to be cooked.

Yankee Stadium
    New York Yankees
    Vendors with critical violations: 48%

Inspection report excerpt: Five hot dogs registered 91 degrees in a hot-holding unit when they were supposed to be no cooler than 140. Inspectors also had a vendor dump a bottle of Chivas Regal whiskey containing dead fruit flies.
    Good lord. Color me horrified. This is another reason I avoid major sporting events.
  • I am the top poster in this thread by a wide margin.

• Not a fail because Muslims want to build a Mosque NEAR Ground Zero (not on it like the video says), more because of the sheer bigotry contained in said video.
    In fact, a full 16% of your comments reside in this thread.
    I am not sure what is more fail, you have made more posts in this thread alone than I have across the whole forum or that I am even worried about how this makes me look.
  • "53 mouse excreta"
    53. Exactly 53. 49 would have been OK, but 53? That's over the fucking line.
  • Well. At least now we know that the Verizon Center is a shithole:
    Verizon Center
    Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals
    Vendors with critical violations: 100%

Inspection report excerpt: Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found at at least 10 vendors.
  • edited July 2010
    I am the top poster in this thread by a wide margin.
    I think this is because I don't bottle up any of my frustrations, I let them out and it makes me feel better.
    I am not sure what is more fail, you have made more posts in this thread alone than I have across the whole forum or that I am even worried about how this makes me look.
    Well I'm kind of a post-whore.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • The Florida stadiums are terrible. The lowest percent of critical violations is 67%! Canada, on the other hand, seems to have its shit together.
  • edited July 2010
    Fairly Oddparents live-action movie from the previous page...
    The plot sounds...Weird...I don't understand why they're making this movie...
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Fairly Oddparents live-action movie from the previous page...
    The plot sounds...Weird...I don't understand why they're making this movie...
    What is this... I don't even...

Seriously? A 23 year old 5th grader? You would have thought that they would have kicked him out years ago.
  • Yeah...And Tootie grows up to be really pretty, and still likes Timmy, even though he's a total loser?

Timmy is Drake Bell!!!???
    I don't understand.
  • I've been watching a server install oracle for 4 and a half hours. I'm still at work.
  • Yeah...And Tootie grows up to be really pretty, and still likes Timmy, even though he's a total loser?

Timmy is Drake Bell!!!???
    I don't understand.
    I gave up on nickelodeon a long time ago.
  • I'd also like to note that the logical fallacy of him not being able to believe in Fairy Godparents AND progress in school is not thought out at all. I also fail to see how having a romantic interest would not allow him to continue believing in Fairy Godparents. People believe in individual and ridiculous things all the time, that doesn't mean they're completely held back in every aspect of life.