This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The advert is kinda pointless as most photo booths will also have SD printing machines.
  • Vivitar 35 millimeter film camera for luddites and old people.
    I actually can't say this is a bad thing. I like film, and the longer that people make film cameras, the longer I can keep using my old East German Practica.

And to be fair, a simple camera isn't a bad thing by itself, Because a 35 MM film SLR is just as easy to fuck up as a DSLR, if not easier, as you don't know if that was a good shot, till you get it developed.
  • And to be fair, a simple camera isn't a bad thing by itself, Because a 35 MM film SLR is just as easy to fuck up as a DSLR, if not easier, as you don't know if that was a good shot, till you get it developed.
    True, but this isn't an SLR. I was hoping it was and Sail was joking, but no. It's a late-nineties style film point-n-shoot.
  • I just read how Ayrton Senna was killed. I feel sick.
  • I just read how Ayrton Senna was killed. I feel sick.
    I teared up when they did the bit on Senna for Top Gear.
  • edited September 2010
    I just read how Ayrton Senna was killed. I feel sick.
    I teared up when they did the bit on Senna for Top Gear.
    Senna was undoubtedly one of the greatest human beings to ever live. There are just some people so ethereally good at what they do that their skill feels like it transcends human comprehension. Senna was one of them.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • And to be fair, a simple camera isn't a bad thing by itself, Because a 35 MM film SLR is just as easy to fuck up as a DSLR, if not easier, as you don't know if that was a good shot, till you get it developed.
    True, but this isn't an SLR. I was hoping it was and Sail was joking, but no. It's a late-nineties style film point-n-shoot.
    It's not that it's a film camera that's the humorous part, it's how they're marketing it. To luddites and old people.
  • It's not that it's a film camera that's the humorous part, it's how they're marketing it. To luddites and old people.
    Yeah, I initially thought it'd be a film SLR, and that your "fail" was merely a joke about the medium being film. Then, I clicked through, and you were dead serious.
  • Mega e/n fail: currently selling PAX Saturday badge because I have been in denial about issues in my personal life ruining PAX for me, but now right on the eve of the event I just can no longer deny that I am kinda forcing myself and that I am not looking forward to it. I'm sorry to miss it, because I still think PAX is the greatest gathering around, but I just can't enjoy it right now.

Ugh.
  • I think you get a little win for being able to realize that. Better than you going and being miserable.
  • Went back to coding Python after stopping halfway through and it's now all moon runes. Time to start again.
  • iTunes 10 is so fucking gray that it's driving me crazy and I still haven't found a way to inject some colour into it.
  • Coming soon, iTunes 10 Fabulizer.

I am now going to go trademark the word "Fabulizer".
  • edited September 2010
    iTunes 10 is so fucking gray that it's driving me crazy and I still haven't found a way to inject some colour into it.
    Not just iTunes. I used to hear people say all the time how good OS X looked. Now Apple is seeming to get closer and closer to drab gray. Their machines seem to suffer from this as well. Aluminum everywhere. It makes me wish for the time of translucent colors to come again.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • iTunes 10 is so fucking gray that it's driving me crazy and I still haven't found a way to inject some colour into it.
    Not just iTunes. I used to hear people say all the time how good OS X looked. Now Apple is seeming to get closer and closer to drab gray. Their machines seem to suffer from this as well. Aluminum everywhere. It makes me wish for the time of translucent colors to come again.
    I'm fine with OS X being mostly gray, but that's because the icons actually have colour. Nothing in the side bar has any colour to it besides gray.
    I thought you were just whining, but I just installed it. The unremitting greyness is a real downer. Grey icons on grey make it very annoying to see what is what.
    I thought you were just whining, but I just installed it. The unremitting greyness is a real downer. Grey icons on grey make it very annoying to see what is what.
    I thought, "eh, it can't be that bad, right?" and then I updated my installation of it. Wow. Gray on gray, with gray highlights. The only thing about it with any color is the application icon, but at least I like its new look. Can't say the same for the application. Oh well. It'll probably stay that way for a couple minor versions and then they'll get enough fans whining to put some color back into it. Until then, I'll live.

So gross.
  • I was referring to the iTunes 10 icon.
  • It is gone in my one!
  • Haha, yeah then. Better.
  • God damn it, why is that every friend I meet on the internet, about geeky things, has autism? Honestly, how do so many people have autism in this day and age, and why are they all people I already know!?
  • God damn it, why is that every friend I meet on the internet, about geeky things, has autism? Honestly, how do so many people have autism in this day and age, and why are they all people I already know!?
    It's a broad spectrum disorder so anyone with mid to extreme social retardation without corresponding mental retardation in other fields can be put under it. For example, Aspergers syndrome which used to be a separate diagnosis recently got reclassified as a form of high performing autism.

Also, Nukerjsr. I HAVE AUTISM. JOIN US, NUKEJSR. JOIN US. *GreyHuge groans and lurches at Nukejsr*
    Well, the thing is that being a geek and being mildly Autistic goes kinda hand in hand. The other thing is that many people tend to self-diagnose, rather than being professionally diagnosed, which isn't always that accurate, so I'd say a good proportion might be, but are unsure, or are alternatively, not, but close to.
  • Not to ignore your annoyance, but your choice of words makes me feel the need to ask something: Does your house have stairs?
    Well, "no," but I do know how to google secret handshakes. I'm too cheap to pay ten bucks, though.
  • edited September 2010
    I am an unlicensed shrink and for only $5 plus P+P I can give you any disorder you want! Plus I am not autistic but I suffer from thoughts of adequacy. Also kids who where once just "slow" or "weird" are now mildly autistic.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on