This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• California has a fuck ton of cars
    FUN FACT - California(specifically, LA) not only had the first freeway in America, but the LA sprawl came before the freeways, despite popular belief. Also, Before Los Angeles became liberally coated with freeways like fondant on a fancy cake, it had one of the best, if not THE best public transportation system in the world at the time. The more you know.
  • Hence the plot of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
  • So only people with enough money would have the right to drive around Manhattan?
    Other than commercial traffic (taxis and delivery vehicles), most of the people driving around Manhattan are already rich people in their hired cars.

In the very least, over time, all taxis should be required to be electric. That alone would drastically reduce the pollution in the air, let alone the noise. I'm also all for congestion charges and more pedestrian plazas. The response from actual New Yorkers for the closure of big chunks of Broadway to cars was enormously positive, and most people seem to want it it to expand substantially.
  • most of the people driving around Manhattan are already rich people in their hired cars.
    You mean also commercial traffic. :P
    In the very least, over time, all taxis should be required to be electric. That alone would drastically reduce the pollution in the air, let alone the noise. I'm also all for congestion charges and more pedestrian plazas. The response from actual New Yorkers for the closure of big chunks of Broadway to cars was enormously positive, and most people seem to want it it to expand substantially.
    Frankly I don't really give a damn what central Manhattan does, I don't drive there. I only drive in North Manhattan and (though I haven't yet) where you live in Queens.
  • So, I'm playing Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 trying to finally get that fucking "Smile" achievement in my XBox. This is done in the mode Sequence where there are 20 stages you have to clear in 30 seconds each with only three lives and three screen-clearing bombs, though you can a live and a bomb at specific intervals, when you're adding another digit to your score starting with 1000. If you die in a stage, you proceed to the next with one life less. Anyhow, the achievement is done by having time run out on stages 2 and 4, and die on stages 11, 15, 17, 18, and 19. So in the end, the stage grid looks like this:

K O K O K
    K K K K K
    X K K K X
    K X X X K

So I was doing that achievement perfectly, except I died on the last fucking stage. :(

This is how it should be done.
  • Damn, for £3, Geometry Wars looks like a buy.
  • Anyway, I think what pisses me off most about this is they keep talking about CO2 emissions and climate change. CO2 does not hurt people (don't be pedantic, you know what I mean). We have real and serious pollution problems we need to address before we should even think about CO2.
    What exactly are you denying here - climate change in general, anthropogenesis, or CO2 as primary driver? It is not clear.
  • It is not clear.
    It is not clear because I'm not denying or even alluding that they aren't real. I'm saying that the air pollution we currently have is a more immediate problem than climate change. It's a problem that's directly bad for humans, rather than indirectly like climate change. It's also a problem that no one even seems to acknowledge, which pisses me off.
  • My adviser is ON VACATION which means I will have a scant 1 or 2 days to have IMPORTANT PAPERWORK filled out before the LOOMING DEADLINE.

Fucking bureaucracy, I got so mad I Stan Lee'd.
  • Fucking bureaucracy, I got so mad I Stan Lee'd.
    No, this would be Stan Leeing.
    My ADVISOR is on vacation which means I will have a scant 1 OR 2 DAYS to have important paperwork filled OUT before THE looming deadline.
    FIFY
  • I thought he just randomly said, "Excelsior."
  • Some commercial for a Christian self-help video used the phrase "Fight your battles on your knees." I'm sure they're very nice people, but all commercials should be submitted to 4Chan before release so any obvious things like this one can be avoided.
  • "Fight your battles on your knees."
    That's what she said.
    That's what she said.
    Exactly the problem with that commercial.
    That's what she said.
    Exactly the problem with that commercial.
    *Raunchy Sonic Pushes his way out from behind the mental filter* Hey, it works! I had a girl on her knees in front of me and all I could say was "Oh God! You're So Good!" If that doesn't sound like a prayer, I don't know what does.
  • edited August 2010
    Disney BLAM!

"You know what would be really funny? If we took old Disney cartoons and got some WACKY ANNOUNCER GUY to talk over them!"

This is the worst thing. Ever.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It's like watching Disney MXC...
  • My adviser isON VACATIONwhich means I will have a scant 1 or 2 days to haveIMPORTANT PAPERWORKfilled out before theLOOMING DEADLINE.

At least your advisor didn't get investigated by the FBI for bioterrorism and then gored by a buffalo while you were trying to turn in final edits on your thesis.

True fucking story.
  • My adviser isON VACATIONwhich means I will have a scant 1 or 2 days to haveIMPORTANT PAPERWORKfilled out before theLOOMING DEADLINE.

At least your advisor didn't get investigated by the FBI for bioterrorism and then gored by a buffalo while you were trying to turn in final edits on your thesis.

True fucking story.
    Lemme guess, a PETA guy?
  • edited September 2010
    Disney BLAM!
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Disney BLAM!

"You know what would be really funny? If we took old Disney cartoons and got some WACKY ANNOUNCER GUY to talk over them!"

I was thinking "How the hell was that anyone's thing of the day? It's terrible!

Then I worked out what thread I was reading.
  • edited September 2010
    Advert for the Killer 2100 network card. Find me a man who can tell the difference between 0 and 6ms lag and then I'll be amazed.

A lesson in how people can lie via use of graphs.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • For the first time in years something crashed on my laptop and I lost some work. Only 4 minutes of audio, easily re-recorded. But it's a bit annoying.
  • A lesson in how people can lie via use of graphs.
    Lies, damned lies, and statistics, m'man - one of the few worthwhile things my statistics class in university taught me.
  • For the first time in years something crashed on my laptop and I lost some work. Only 4 minutes of audio, easily re-recorded. But it's a bit annoying.
    *gives Luke a crash bunny*
  • Lemme guess, a PETA guy?
    Worse: creationists. The buffalo was unrelated. (But aren't they always?)
    *gives Luke a crash bunny*
    hehe
  • Lemme guess, a PETA guy?
    Worse: creationists. The buffalo was unrelated. (But aren't they always?)
    Wait, how/why did he get arrested?
  • Almost got t-boned on the way home, severely freaked out, applying alcohol and playing Assassin's Creed 2.
  • Partial laminectamy and discectamy on the tenth, then up to a month of essentially laying on my back.
    I foresee issues with poop.