This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Courts say that First Sale can die in a fire.
    That ruling, as presented, makes a great deal of sense to me. The challenge is that dickhead content providers/makers will just "license" everything so the practical output is the same. Is it time for everyone to stop patronizing people who only license their products and try to promote first sale rights? I'm certainly thinking about it.
  • Fine by me, just as long as they don't complain about piracy.
  • edited September 2010
    Today I was meant to have a counselling appointment but I've been having trouble sleeping and ended up downing so much green tea and other caffine that it felt like my stomach had turned to stone. Tired, in pain and stressed out, I went to bed to try and sleep off the clenching pain and missed the appointment. In the end, I spent the whole day asleep.

Looks like I'm right back where I started.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    Argh, and we were just talking about this at work too! Curse you Autodesk! We want to sell our old Maya licenses!

Argh, and we were just talking about this at work too! Curse you Autodesk! We want to sell our old Maya licenses!
    I will gladly take one as a gift. ^_^
  • No-one has to know..
  • Some one just called me accidentally. The fail is the guy on the other end of the line was completely lost for words and I had to suggest that he had called the wrong number.
  • We were talking about current social issues in my teaching social studies class today. One girl loudly said, "They shouldn't build that Muslim temple at ground 0". It was not a hilarious joke.
  • Not as bad as that one time one of the girls in my class was surprised to learn that alcohol is a poison.
  • We were talking about current social issues in my teaching social studies class today. One girl loudly said, "They shouldn't build that Muslim temple at ground 0". It was not a hilarious joke.
    Someone should have administered a Righteous Pimp Slap of Intellectual Fury.
  • The Anime Club Monday showings for this quarter are Baccano and Serial Experiments Lain, which start at 8PM...Which I have class up until. If I want to eat, I can't really go. So sad...
  • If I want to eat, I can't really go. So sad...
    Some times you have to make sacrifices for the things you love.
  • The Anime Club Monday showings for this quarter are Baccano and Serial Experiments Lain, which start at 8PM...Which I have class up until. If I want to eat, I can't really go. So sad...
    You must learn the ways of the vending machines. Find one that sells frozen stuff like Hot Pockets (blech, I know, but it's better than nothing) and nuke it, then bring it to anime club. This is how I made it through 6 hours straight of classes through lunch last Winter.
    You must learn the ways of the vending machines. Find one that sells frozen stuff like Hot Pockets (blech, I know, but it's better than nothing) and nuke it, then bring it to anime club. This is how I made it through 6 hours straight of classes through lunch last Winter.
    Alternately, bring food from home and snack through class. I've got three hour lectures and the professors encourage food bringing (I prefer grapes) until somebody fucks it up. If you have to opportunity to use a microwave, there's so many more options (I'm probably gonna be eating leftovers from the Dominican food truck up the road all week between class).
  • edited September 2010
    BENTO JAR AND RICE MAKER MOTHERFUCKER.

Seriously. Bottom container: piping hot water or soup (keeps all that shit warm, so you get your hot meal on up to 6 hours later). Second: Gyūdon (poor man's/college student's Japanese gourmet). Third: vegetables, unshelled edamame, veggie tempura, whatever. Top: Sauce bottles and desert candies. You will eat like a king and all the ladies will be like "ZOMG AXEL SO KAWAII."

Respect the process.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That lunch box is most serious business.
  • It's pricey. I still haven't bought it, but the way I'm getting hungry during classes, I'll need to. I have been coveting it for many a moon.

Awesome Mr. Bento Flickr group.
  • Alternately, bring food from home and snack through class.
    Disturbing things I do - Store food of some description on my person at all times.
    BENTO JARAND RICE MAKER MOTHERFUCKER.

Seriously. Bottom container: piping hot water or soup (keeps all that shit warm, so you get your hot meal on up to 6 hours later). Second: Gyūdon (poor man's/college student's Japanese gourmet). Third: vegetables, unshelled edamame, veggie tempura, whatever. Top: Sauce bottles and desert candies. You will eat like a king and all the ladies will be like "ZOMG AXEL SO KAWAII."

Respect the process.
    I cannot agree with this more.
  • edited September 2010
    Fail 1: My hair dresser was really late.
    Fail 2: Because my hairdresser was so late, I sat in my car with the A/C on, draining the battery.
    Fail 3: My mom drives a hybrid, so she couldn't jump the car.
    Fail 4: While waiting for my mom to come, I got bit by a wasp that had come into the open door of my car.
    Fail 5: When I got home, I found that someone had mailed a flip flop with writing on it to my sister.
    Final Fail: When I took off my shirt to look at the wasp bite, I examined it and found that it had little purple (??) stains from my blood.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • My dad just got into a car accident that he is going to get the blame for (pulled out into the street, got hit). This will likely put him in a bad mood for a few days if not longer. This sucks for me because he is my boss.

This is also really shitty in the fact that my parents just got back from vacation today and our company got some hugely fantastic news today as well. I'm just thankful that he wasn't driving my car.
  • edited September 2010
    FAIL: Some girl plugged her laptop into a power outlet across the aisle. I didn't see it and my rolling backpack pulled it down. Her screen got cracked and things got heated for a bit, but we eventually both took some responsibility; her over where she put her cord, me over watching where I was going. And, even though I feel her laptop is entirely her responsibility, I really do feel like this is partially my fault. Her hard drive wasn't clicking, so I told her I'd help her find a cheap replacement screen and, if I felt I could, I'd install the replacement myself. We both took pictures of the screen and exchanged contact information.
    Remember this? Well, I got a phone call from her today saying that she found a place who would replace the panel for her for $150. "Thats great."
    She then followed with "So we can each pay half. $75 for each of us."
    I immediately reminded her that I could not pay for any repairs.
    Her response: Well, I don't want to sue you, but If we cant figure this out on our own, I'll have to take you to court and You'd end up paying the full.

I told her I'll call her back because it was a bad time.

She's got no case, and hell if I'm gonna pay $75 for an accident due to her negligence. I'm gonna call her tomorrow and say, in a very diplomatic fashion, "Bring it, bitch."
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • She's got no case, and hell if I'm gonna pay $75 for an accident due to her negligence. I'm gonna call her tomorrow and say, in a very diplomatic fashion, "Bring it, bitch."
    This sounds like the beginning of a romantic comedy.
  • FAIL: Some girl plugged her laptop into a power outlet across the aisle. I didn't see it and my rolling backpack pulled it down. Her screen got cracked and things got heated for a bit, but we eventually both took some responsibility; her over where she put her cord, me over watching where I was going. And, even though I feel her laptop is entirely her responsibility, I really do feel like this is partially my fault. Her hard drive wasn't clicking, so I told her I'd help her find a cheap replacement screen and, if I felt I could, I'd install the replacement myself. We both took pictures of the screen and exchanged contact information.
    Remember this? Well, I got a phone call from her today saying that she found a place who would replace the panel for her for $150. "Thats great."
    She then followed with "So we can each pay half. $75 for each of us."
    I immediately reminded her that I could not pay for any repairs.
    Her response: Well, I don't want to sue you, but If we cant figure this out on our own, I'll have to take you to court and You'd end up paying the full.

I told her I'll call her back because it was a bad time.

She's got no case, and hell if I'm gonna pay $75 for an accident due to her negligence. I'm gonna call her tomorrow and say, in a very diplomatic fashion, "Bring it, bitch."
    Next time you see her, show up with a neckbrace and crutches. 0:-)
  • Her response: Well, I don't want to sue you, but If we cant figure this out on our own, I'll have to take you to court and You'd end up paying the full.
    Bwahahahahaha - She's willing to pay the cost of going to court, over 75 bucks? Suck it up, princess.
  • Fail: Seeing what Crash Bandicoot became after Crash 3. It's like Sonic all over again. Though, The Wrath of Cortex wasn't made by the same people, which is a small consolation. What happened to platforming.
  • edited September 2010
    You know what that's like? That's like intentionally punching a hole in your car's exhaust. Just makes it worse and more noisy.

Whatever. At some point they'll hit a pothole and get thrown right off their bikes because they didn't have a tube to absorb the shock or grip them out of it.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The Swing Club I'm in started back up last night, and there was a girl that seemed kind of interested in me, but I had to leave to go to my Astronomy Lab before the club ended, so I didn't get to talk to her that much. I'm definitely going to talk to her more and maybe ask her out next week.
  • You know what that's like? That's like intentionally punching a hole in your car's exhaust. Just makes it worse and more noisy.
    Far worse than that. Do you know why we use tires? High coefficient of friction. You know what steel rims don't have?