This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I am crazy nervous about my bowling tournament. I hope it doesn't effect (affect?) my game.
  • I don't keep in contact with my father very much. there are various reasons for this, he wasn't really there for me a lot when I were younger and he left the house when I were a teenager. I am the only person in my family that keeps in contact with him.

He just text me that he has to admit himself to the hospital for testing, they suspect cancer.

Being somewhat estranged doesn't make it any easier.
  • I don't keep in contact with my father very much. there are various reasons for this, he wasn't really there for me a lot when I were younger and he left the house when I were a teenager. I am the only person in my family that keeps in contact with him.
    That sucks, when close relatives that you have bad history with have bad health problems it's always hard to deal with it emotionally. Hopefully this can be a time for reflection and atonement as well as forgiveness. Ideally hopefully it's not a really really bad form of cancer. Either way I hope it works out.
  • Apparently debt collectors can come after you for accounts listed on the other side of the country (from 2001-2006, was paid until then and they even changed their address a few times), with a wrong birthday, the wrong first 5 digits of your social, that does not even show on your credit history....I think maybe it's not identity theft it's just a typo...
  • Probably doesn't help to have a fairly common name.
  • Apparently debt collectors can come after you for accounts listed on the other side of the country (from 2001-2006, was paid until then and they even changed their address a few times), with a wrong birthday, the wrong first 5 digits of your social, that does not even show on your credit history....I think maybe it's not identity theft it's just a typo...
    Well, they certainly can't get anything from you. IF they hassle you, lawyer up.
    Yea I'm definitely thinking of going back to the Swedish spelling.... However, then I would be confused with all the swedes...
  • IF they hassle you, lawyer up.
    Still annoying that I have to do anything or jump through any hoops.
  • edited December 2010
    Snookie to be dropped in ball for New Years.I almost don't want to be in NYC for the New Year solely because they'll have any involvement. I say put the entire cast in a ball and just hurl them off the nearest building.
    At first, I wasn't sure what a "Snookie" was, then I read the article.
    Snooki’s Jersey Shore castmates will also be on hand as part of the “MTV New Year’s Bash” special. They will lead the crowd in a collective fist pump to try to break the Guinness world record.
    THIS IS THE WORLD WE ARE LIVING IN.

I'll probably do New Years in Prospect Park again this year. It's still a big celebration, but it's as crazy as anywhere in Manhattan.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • IF they hassle you, lawyer up.
    Still annoying that I have to do anything or jump through any hoops.
    Fax them Goatse.
  • edited December 2010
    Fail of my day: it actually took me a good few minutes to think up a racist term for Italians (re: Snookie). I settled on dago, but it doesn't have much of a kick these days. Now I'm browsing through the Racial Slur Database, an invaluable tool of heightened discourse and rhetoric.

Cockney rhyming slang is great. "Yank" --> "Septic Tank" --> "Septic" --> "Seppo"
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
    A likely excuse, why don't you just pay your bills like the rest of us you loser.
  • Fail of my day: it actually took me a good few minutes to think up a racist term for Italians (re: Snookie). I settled on dago, but it doesn't have much of a kick these days. Now I'm browsing through theRacial Slur Database, an invaluable tool of heightened discourse and rhetoric.
    I have no idea why you need slurs, but perhaps "Wop" would fit your bill?
  • I have no idea why you need slurs, but perhaps "Wop" would fit your bill?
    Muff cabbage?
  • You could use guido, but that's almost like a term of endearment now because of that train wreck.
  • Kinda like what happened to nigger?
  • Cockney rhyming slang is great. "Yank" --> "Septic Tank" --> "Septic" --> "Seppo"
    See, I find cockney slang to be overly complicated. I suppose that's the point, though.
  • Fail: Realizing that all the progress I made at work this week is but a drop in the bucket of what needs to be done
  • See, I find cockney slang to be overly complicated. I suppose that's the point, though.
    Rhyme > Synonym > Slang is pretty clever, actually. I think the example they always used in grammar class was "up the apples" for "up the stairs."
  • I think the example they always used in grammar class was "up the apples" for "up the stairs."
    Yeah, that's the famous one. "Stairs" > "apples and pears" > "apples." I think my main issue is that the construction of the word isn't even remotely intuitive, so it's effectively impossible to make sense of it unless you're in the know.

We should make up our own FRC rhyming slang.
  • We should make up our own FRC rhyming slang.
    Pete > Meat > Your Mom
    Rochelle is a common name? You're the only one I know...
    I was referring to ScoJo. :P

But my name is more common now than it was when I was born. However, they have bastardizations of my name like Rachelle or Richelle. Ugh. They make me rage.
    I was referring to ScoJo. :P

But my name is more common now than it was when I was born. However, they have bastardizations of my name like Rachelle or Richelle. Ugh. They make me rage.
    For Rachelle, I think that's just people misspelling Rachel. As for Richelle...*shrug*
  • However, they have bastardizations of my name like Rachelle or Richelle. Ugh. They make me rage.
    Noted and will be exploited.
  • However, they have bastardizations of my name like Rachelle or Richelle. Ugh. They make me rage.
    Noted and will be exploited.
    NO! T__T
  • NO! T__T
    Sorry Ri.
  • NO! T__T
    Sorry Ri.
    Grr.
  • I am completely out of money and am going to have to pick up some shitty second job on the weekends to make ends meet. My work is so boring that my weekends are kinda the only time I actually value, so I am not going to have much will to live in the immediate future.

I shoulda had the sense to get into IT or computer engineering like every other geek I knew in college. They're all making at least 60k a year now and I'm still scrabbling to pay rent and eat. Fuck this useless fucking bio degree and fuck my dumbass lazy depressed college self.
  • Our sweet but nervous little bunny died at the vet's office today.

Rest in peace, Spooky Marie.