This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Yea, Holy crap. You'll take all the fun out of your life ^_^ Didn't you say your blood pressure is getting better? ^_^
    Exactly! You lost a whole 10 points! That means you can afford to eat more cheese.

I'm a bad, bad man.
  • It's ok George. I'll eat more cheese to make up for you not eating any. I picked up some really yummy garlic flavored cheese this weekend. :P

Seriously though, giving up cheese is too much, imo. You're already weening off of caffeine. How much more are you going to give up?
  • The bottom line is I enjoy living more than I enjoy cheese. Cheese awesome, but being alive to hang out with everyone in 30 years is more awesome. And it's not like I'll never eat cheese again, I'm just going to make an effort to actually avoid high fat dairy from now on.
  • Live fast, eat cheese.
  • A life without Roquefort and Manchego is a life unlived.
    A life without Jamon Iberico and Prosciutto de Parma is a life unlived.
    A life without World Wide Stout and Basil Hayden's is a life unlived.

This, I believe.
  • Of course, I blacked out, so I don't really remember much of what happened that night anyway.
    Don't do that. Now you did it once and got it over with, but doing it often, das bad.
  • A life without Roquefort and Manchego is a life unlived.
    A life without Jamon Iberico and Prosciutto de Parma is a life unlived.
    A life without World Wide Stout and Basil Hayden's is a life unlived.
    Two out of three ain't bad...
  • Don't do that. Now you did it once and got it over with, but doing it often, das bad.
    I really don't want to do it again. I would like to actually remember my drunken shenanigans.
  • I would like to actually remember my drunken shenanigans.
    Yeah, what's the fun of having a party if you can't remember the fun?
  • edited December 2010
    Two out of three ain't bad...
    Yeah. Plus, manchego is a hard, mildly salty sheep cheese. He could probably get away with anything hard and lacking significant salt. Cheddar is still likely a no-go, though; it's too soft.
    Don't do that. Now you did it once and got it over with, but doing it often, das bad.
    I really don't want to do it again. I would like to actually remember my drunken shenanigans.
    Apparently there is a genetic predisposition in some individuals toward blackouts.

It would seem that my tolerance is either fathomless, or I lack said predisposition completely, because I have never blacked out. As such, I have some incredibly fun stories from various nights on the town.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah. Plus, manchego is a hard, mildly salty sheep cheese. He could probably get away with anything hard and lacking significant salt. Cheddar is still likely a no-go, though; it's too soft.
    7g of sat fat in 1oz is a no no.
    Apparently there is a genetic predisposition in some individuals toward blackouts.

It would seem that my tolerance is either fathomless, or I lack said predisposition completely, because I have never blacked out. As such, I have some incredibly fun stories from various nights on the town.
    Same, never had the problem of blacking out. I had my memory index completely fail me while drinking at scojo's party. Just couldn't remember things that had happened moments earlier on my own, but when given the slightest hint it came back to me with no trouble.
  • edited December 2010
    7g of sat fat in 1ozis a no no.
    Well, I tried.

I'm going to start distance biking now so that I can always eat fatty meats and cheeses.

ALSO: Lipitor? Hypertensives? Miracles of modern medicine.
  • Yeah. Plus, manchego is a hard, mildly salty sheep cheese. He could probably get away with anything hard and lacking significant salt. Cheddar is still likely a no-go, though; it's too soft.
    Hard cheese and soft cheese are both very high in fat. Sharp, aged, hard cheeses have lower lactose content, but the fat content is pretty much the same.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah. Plus, manchego is a hard, mildly salty sheep cheese. He could probably get away with anything hard and lacking significant salt. Cheddar is still likely a no-go, though; it's too soft.
    Hard cheese and soft cheese are both very high in fat. Sharp, aged, hard cheeses have lower lactose content, but the fat content is pretty much the same.
    I thought they were high in fat relative to everything else, but of the two, harder cheeses were lower in fat?

If that's not the case, I am going to up my Roquefort consumption greatly and lower my consumption of inferior cheeses. Cheddar, we had a good run, but that sweet, creamy, soft, green-mold-webbed goddess is calling.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to try that recipe for barbecued Camembert I have. Yeah. Awesome.
  • ALSO: Lipitor? Hypertensives? Miracles of modern medicine.
    Most of these drugs are not super good for you body, they're just better than having high cholesterol and hypertension. I'm probably going to be on these meds simply because of genetics, but the less I have to take them, the better.

There's also the other thing that when I eat a lot of fatty foods it gives me pretty bad indigestion. I'm tired of feeling like that.
  • edited December 2010
    It's surprisingly easy to give up cheese - and, indeed, all dairy products - when consuming it makes you gassy, crampy, stupid, crabby, lethargic, and constipated. And occasionally leaves you in writhing, gasping abdominal pain.

Casein intolerance! Boooo!
    Post edited by balderdash on
  • I might have pine mouth.

Or, I might have simply eaten WAY too many onions last night, and it has just nastified my mouth. Nothing tastes like metal, just old onion aftertaste.

Either way: FUCK.
  • I might have simply eaten WAY too many onions last night, and it has just nastified my mouth.
    Gluttony, eh? Well, you know how it is: The wages of sin are bad breath.
  • The wages of sin are bad breath.
    ...or 10 to life.
  • I might have simply eaten WAY too many onions last night, and it has just nastified my mouth.
    Gluttony, eh? Well, you know how it is: The wages of sin are bad breath.
    It is so awful. Mongolian beef, a pox upon you and your scallion-y goodness.
  • Didn't get iGEM position! Jameson bottle will not open! Paper due tomorrow! Insurmountable orgo exam Wednesday!

Fuck my fucking life in the throat with a fucking tunnel boring machine and a morningstar attached to a mile of white-hot nichrome wire. FUCK.

• Finals tomorrow and I can't sleep. This is worse than Christmas, since I don't get graded on Christmas.
  • I never want to have to drop someone off at the airport before the sun is up again.
  • Finals tomorrow and I can't sleep. This is worse than Christmas, since I don't get graded on Christmas.
    He's making a list, checking it twice. Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.

You DO get graded on christmas.

To each what they deserve.
    - St. Gustav

Yeah, but falling asleep during life doesn't effect your performance.
    Light Yagami is coming to towwwwnnnn.
  • It's 20 fucking degrees outside.
  • It's 20 fucking degrees outside.
    You know, it would be a lot of help if you'd give the temperature scale and your geographic position and/or time of day. But since this is in the fail category, I can guess...