This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I don't understand how people can stand that shit.
    You might not be able to handle this, but there are people for whom eating at a Burger King is, far from being a necessary step against imminent starvation when no other options are at hand, considered a treat. They willingly consume McDonald's burgers and claim to not only stand them, but enjoy them.

Many of these same people drink a vile mixture of phosphoric acid, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup for not torture or self-punishment, but pleasure.
  • Are those people not the lucky ones, to have their tastes satisfied so cheaply?
  • I don't understand how people can stand that shit.
    You might not be able to handle this, but there are people for whom eating at a Burger King is, far from being a necessary step against imminent starvation when no other options are at hand, considered atreat. Theywillinglyconsume McDonald's burgers and claim to not only stand them, but enjoy them.

Many of these same people drink a vile mixture of phosphoric acid, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup for not torture or self-punishment, but pleasure.
    While I realize you're playing obtuse for humor/making a point, but this post really makes you sound like an aspie, Rym.
  • While I realize you're playing obtuse for humor/making a point, but this post really makes you sound like an aspie, Rym.
    I would have picked another word, but this works too.
  • Theywillinglyconsume McDonald's burgers and claim to not only stand them, butenjoythem.
    I do like a McDonalds meal every once in a while. So much fat and salt, it just sets off all the taste pleasure centers in my brain. Sure a filet mignon with roasted potatoes is far better, but can't be had for $4 and 5 minutes of my time.
  • I'm a nerd foodie, I've had every level of cuisine and I still think Big Macs are delicious.
  • Who's to blame for the Russian airport bombing?
    If you guessed anything but video games, you'd be wrong.
  • Since the release of Super Mario Bros. the fatalities by consumption of poisonous mushrooms has skyrocketed.
  • Class I wanted to take next quarter is already filled up by 4th and 5th year students...*Sigh.*
    I really wanted to take Cyborg Theory.
  • Many of these same people drink a vile mixture of phosphoric acid, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup for not torture or self-punishment, but pleasure.
    Ryyyyym, what is Tonic water? We have some in our fridge. Please explain the ingredients to me for this bittersweet quinine-infused drink?
  • Ryyyyym, what is Tonic water? We have some in our fridge. Please explain the ingredients to me for this bittersweet quinine-infused drink?
    Also, it glows violently blue under UV light.
  • Please explain the ingredients to me for this bittersweet quinine-infused drink?
    I actually found some non-HFCS tonic water that Chie recommended. I am looking for a place to buy it in place of our existing option.
  • Making your own iced tea is a great alternative to soda.
  • I definitely prefer the taste of cane sugar to HFCS, although I think in the end the difference isn't all that huge.
  • edited January 2011
    The last time I ate fast food, I was violently sick for two days. No thanks.

Iced tea and mint juleeps are great in the summer. Any manner of coffee, hot tea, beer/mead, or whiskey (vodka if you swing that way) are great in the winter. Gin is good year-round.

ALSO, REVELANT TO THE THREAD: It's gonna snow for the rest of the week. At least it's not balls-cold, but it's still not the most pleasant thing (when I have to do work).
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • The last time I ate fast food, I was violently sick for two days. No thanks.
    I don't believe this is entirely true, I think you're being hyperbolic. If that's completely true then there's something very wrong with you.
  • The last time I ate fast food, I was violently sick for two days. No thanks.
    I don't believe this is entirely true, I think you're being hyperbolic. If that's completely true then there's something very wrong with you.
    Nah, I'd say he was probably just unlucky. However, it seems like a poor reason not to eat fast food to me (especially since there's much better ones).
  • In any case correlation isn't causation so stick that in your food hole and eat it, YoshoKatana.
  • You really don't need to wash denim unless it actually gets physically dirty. Jeans don't get particularly funky just from being on your carcass like other fabrics do.
  • Glenn Beck provides further proof that he is out of his mind and has no idea what he's talking about.
  • ALSO, REVELANT TO THE THREAD: It's gonna snow for the rest of the week. At least it's not balls-cold, but it's still not the most pleasant thing (when I have to do work).
    I know, fuck. I just shoveled the walkway and the sidewalk for my landlords, who aren't home but were nice and didn't raise our rent this year... I'm sure it will be covered with snow again by tonight.

• Many of these same people drink a vile mixture of phosphoric acid, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup for not torture or self-punishment, but pleasure.
    EXCUSE ME, SIR, BUT I ONLY DRINK PEPSI THROWBACK, WHICH HAS NO CORN SYRUP.
  • I'm sure it will be covered with snow again by tonight.
    Once again, welcome to New York. :P
  • I'm sure it will be covered with snow again by tonight.
    Once again, welcome to New York. :P
    This is not standard New York weather. My school has closed for snow 3 times already, and it's only January!
  • This is not standard New York weather. My school has closed for snow 3 times already, and it's only January!
    It used to be like this when I was 8 - 12. I remember times when school was closed for 2 consecutive days because there was just too much goddamn snow.

But yeah, it definitely hasn't been like this in recent memory.
  • edited January 2011
    Glenn Beck provides further proof that he is out of his mind and has no idea what he's talking about.
    If I didn't hate Glenn Beck already, bunny+chainsaw metaphors do not endear him to yours truly.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I was probably just unlucky that time, but I do get a weird and uncomfortable feeling while I'm digesting it. I think because I'm not used to fast food, it gives me indigestion. Same as if I eat some food that I haven't eaten in a while (Ethiopian, burgers, some indian food. I never get it with italian food, english food, or sammiches, which is good). Whenever I have health insurance next I'm going in for a full physical, just to make sure I'm not dying or anything.
  • This damn girl is still against dinosaurs and evolution. The ignorance is killing me. I've refuted all of her statements and all of her arguments have been flatout wrong. I disprove her and she still just says I lost and won't accept it. I'm at a loss for words.
  • Screencaps! Screencaps!