This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• It's that time of the year again. I'm getting my accounts in order for tax reasons. Doing work in 2007 and not getting paid until 2008 screws things up. Thankfully I did work in 2008 and didn't get paid for it until 2009, so it sort of equals out. My fail = keeping spreadsheets up to date but not sorting out piles of receipts... then spending a few hours sorting them... then dropping them... now I have to sort them again...
  • Code Geass DVDs so locked that DVD Shrink can do one disk but not another. Seriously, Bandai wonders why people won't buy their shit. It's so DRM'd, you'd never be able to back it up.
    "Nobody's gonna buy your stuff if you don't make it easy to pirate, Bandai!" OLOLOLOLOL.
  • edited April 2009
    "Nobody's gonna buy your stuff if you don't make it easy to pirate, Bandai!" OLOLOLOLOL.
    Well they aren't, are they?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I would think that that has more to do with content and pricing.
  • Well those are the major ones but DRM is a factor for some people.
  • My desk at work is near the main entrance of my office. Every time people come in from smoking, it stinks up my work area for several minutes. They also hang their putrid coats in our coat closet (also near my work station) and no one else can hang their coat in there without it coming out just as stinky as the smokers' coats. I have placed odor absorbers in the closest and my desk and use some air fresheners. Nothing helps and I end up gagging several time a day. Today, one of the chain smokers came in and I actually vomited a little.
    Eww.
  • My desk at work is near the main entrance of my office. Every time people come in from smoking, it stinks up my work area for several minutes. They also hang their putrid coats in our coat closet (also near my work station) and no one else can hang their coat in there without it coming out just as stinky as the smokers' coats. I have placed odor absorbers in the closest and my desk and use some air fresheners. Nothing helps and I end up gagging several time a day. Today, one of the chain smokers came in and I actually vomited a little.
    Eww.
    I know the feeling. I don't know what it is about the art program at my college, but most of the teachers and students smoke.

My personal fail: I misspelled "through" in a test essay. I feel like a second-grader.
  • I know the feeling. I don't know what it is about the art program at my college, but most of the teachers and students smoke.
    I'm trying to quit - Again - and this time, I'm doing it with a little help from an inhaler and some nicotine gum. It's working out well, but my fail of the day is the nicotine gum - It tastes horrible and makes my throat feel like I've been swallowing steel wool soaked in turps.
  • Am I the only nonsmoker in the world who doesn't mind cigarette smoke so much? Aside from the getting cancer, I mean.
    I don't know what it is about the art program at my college, but most of the teachers and students smoke.
    It's because they're cool. :)
    Eww.
    Next time hurl on her shoes. That'll show her.
  • Am I the only nonsmoker in the world who doesn't mind cigarette smoke so much? Aside from the getting cancer, I mean.
    Women are usually more sensitive to smell than men. It isn't a social thing, they really do have more sensitive noses. An off smell will make me sick/headachy.
    Eww.
    Have you tried reed diffusers? They are really strong. That might make a strange cocktail of smells though. I really can't stand cigarette smoke either.
  • Have you tried reed diffusers? They are really strong. That might make a strange cocktail of smells though. I really can't stand cigarette smoke either.
    I want to avoid adding a heavy scent that will just make it smell like cigarettes and flowers.
    No. It doesn't really bother me at all, mostly because my Grandma smokes and a lot of people I know smoke.
  • Industrial blower fans? Place one behind you to keep cool and repel smoke! Failing that, one of the big floor units might work.
  • Well those are the major ones but DRM is a factor for some people.
    I am one of those people.

However, the disc probably came from a bad batch, because Volume 1 Disc 2 was fine...oh well.
  • edited April 2009
    No. It doesn't really bother me at all, mostly because my Grandma smokes and a lot of people I know smoke.
    Yeah...most of my friends smoked in my teens and early twenties, so I guess it's just a matter of being used to it. Honestly, sometimes tobacco smells really good. A friend told me once that every time I mentioned that, it was when he was smoking a particularly good cigarette.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited April 2009
    Am I the only nonsmoker in the world who doesn't mind cigarette smoke so much? Aside from the getting cancer, I mean.
    As long as smokers refrain from smoking inside my apartment and my car, I'm pretty much cool with it.

Fail for my day: I need to avoid documentaries about anorexia. Seriously.
    Post edited by misakyra on
  • As long as smokers refrain from smoking inside my apartment and my car, I'm pretty much cool with it.
    That makes 3 of us.
  • Fail for my day: I need to avoid documentaries about anorexia. Seriously.
    What? Are people throwing them at you?
  • Fail for my day: I need to avoid documentaries about anorexia. Seriously.
    What? Are people throwing them at you?
    No. I found a link to one though, and just really wish I hadn't followed it.
  • One of my friends drank herself into an unintelligible stupour and we learned far more about her past than we would have ever wanted.
  • I have practically crippled myself by tripping over a standard poodle and peeling back my toenail.
  • This picture, which is official Gurren-Lagann art. (Kinda NSFW)
    Well, due to the existence of the Gainax Bounce, it doesn't really surprise me that the same company plays the equal opportunity card and throws a bone to the Fujyoshi-Crowd.
    Well, due to the existence of the Gainax Bounce, it doesn't really surprise me that the same company plays the equal opportunity card and throws a bone to the Fujyoshi-Crowd.
    I'm not complaining about the content, I'm complaining about the fact that Rossiu's on top, when he's clearly a bottom.
    I'm not complaining about the content, I'm complaining about the fact that Rossiu's on top, when he's clearly a bottom.
    Wow. Neito. I didn't expect you to say that. But there is a such thing as a passive seme.

Regarding the pic though...eeeh. Errrr. Nah.
    Wow. Neito. I didn't expect you to say that. But there is a such thing as a passive seme.

Regarding the pic though...eeeh. Errrr. Nah.
    You'd be surprised to know how far I'm willing to go for a joke.