This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Your automaton sucks. With my machines you can change the start station. And why was the end station not on there? That seems really weird.
    The Automaton definitely sucks. The end station was on there but I could have only been buying ticket from that station to my end station but not from my usual starting station to the end station. I could have bought a single ticket to my end station but the train but I would have had to wait quite some time for the next train.

Fail is fail and I think I'm better off not worrying about whether or not I proceeded correctly from that point on or I will just become more annoyed about that incident.
  • edited May 2009
    CARTOON NETWORK WHY!!!
    I didn't know until they started show commercials for some of their new shows. I dug up this article due to a request in another thread.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • CARTOON NETWORK WHY!!!
    I didn't know until they started show commercials for some of their new shows. I dug up this article due to a request in another thread.
    Wow, isn't it called Cartoon Network for a reason? Jesus, CN today isn't even a fraction of the amount of awesome it was when I was younger.
  • edited May 2009
    Flight of the Conchords played last night.

I wasn't there.
    Post edited by misakyra on
  • edited May 2009
    And the award for absolute fail off the day goes to the refs in the Anaheim Ducks - Detroit Red Wings game tonight. The Wings practically tied it a minute before the end of the game when a puck eluded the Ducks goalie and was loose in the crease. However, the Ref blew the whistle thinking the puck was frozen but actually Marian Hossa had already pushed the puck over the line. But the play is unreviewable and it was ruled no goal. Worst call I have ever seen.

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Two intramuscular vaccinations
  • I didn't know until they started show commercials for some of their new shows. I dug up this article due to a request in another thread.
    This is an outrage! I am outraged! Blast it!
  • edited May 2009
    I really limit the amount of money I spend on clothing, so I waited until my black work heels were worn quite a bit before I purchased a new pair. I looked around for stylish, comfortable and inexpensive shoes for quite some time and found the right pair at the right price. I wore them yesterday for the first time and they were perfect.
    This morning, while I downloaded some music for my Grandmother's mp3 player in preparation fro Mother's Day, my dogs grabbed one of my new shoes. It was completely destroyed in what must have been less than five minutes. They haven't showed any interest in shoe chewing in months and out of the blue they bypassed my cheap sneakers, my old shoes, my slippers and went straight for the new ones. Since we are saving money for dog training and our Iceland trip and we just purchased a few gifts for Mother's Day, I have to pull out my old worn shoes and wear them for at least another month.
    I love my dogs, but sometimes they are a fail.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I need to clean my room more often. I have to turn on a window fan just to clear out the dust.
  • Gmail not working, broke iPod headphones. I fixed my blog though (RSS validates once more).
  • Royally fucked my blog when upgrading to the latest wordpress. It fucked the RSS feeds, and I as it is a podcast website that is the most important thing. When telling iTunes to look for a different rss feed I think I buggered something up. I hope this doesn't mean the podcast doesn't disappear completely from everywhere.
  • I didn't know until they started show commercials for some of their new shows. I dug up this article due to a request in another thread.
    What part of CARTOON NETWORK DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND?!
    What part of CARTOON NETWORK DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND?!
    Honestly, if it is better than their current programming (which stinks) and they still have a high percentage of animated shows, it could be an improvement and appropriate to their title. If the live action shows are as bas as their current content, then they are just moving closer to their demise.
  • Did you even look at what these shows are going to be?

Survivor! Dude!
  • Having kids face their fears and some neat action-based game shows could be fun. Nickelodeon had some back in the day and they were great for kiddie entertainment. I say don't judge until some kids watch it and then state their opinion. This isn't Adult Swim (which is unwatchable) this is tv for kiddos. If they like it, then grrreat! Remember kids enjoy some really shit stuff (like me with Jem).
    edited May 2009
    Did you even look at what these shows are going to be?

Survivor! Dude!
    My hand started hurting more and more as I kept reading those ideas. The constant repeating of 'teens' was definitely contributing to the pain. Seriously, how could they've made a Scrapheap Challenge rip off sound so horribly lame?
    Post edited by ... on
  • After 3 service calls in 2 weeks, our autoclave has once again shit the bed. We've never had it functional for more than one day in the past two weeks, and we can never get more than 2 consecutive runs out of it before it fucks up.

Yay technology.
  • I say don't judge until some kids watch it and then state their opinion.
    But why is the CARTOON network moving away from CARTOONS? This is the same market force that is bring us the"SyFy" channel, which itself strayed from SciFi in any noticeable capacity a long, long time ago. The networks are trying to water down their content to grain broader appeal in the face of falling ad revenues.
  • I say don't judge until some kids watch it and then state their opinion.
    But why is the CARTOON network moving away from CARTOONS? This is the same market force that is bring us the"SyFy" channel, which itself strayed from SciFi in any noticeable capacity a long, long time ago. The networks are trying to water down their content to grain broader appeal in the face of falling ad revenues.
    Meh. I guess it just doesn't bother me, particularly when the networks in question are a bit crap as it is.
  • edited May 2009
    Bronx Zoo evicts animals owing to budget problems.
    Really sad, actually.
    Yeah, I heard about that. That's such a shame. I really liked the world of darkness exhibit, too. Poor animals.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2009
    Bronx Zoo evicts animals owing to budget problems.
    Really sad, actually.
    Yeah, I heard about that. That's such a shame. I really liked the world of darkness exhibit, too. Poor animals.
    As all these terrible things keep happening, I'm thinking more and more about fleeing the country to a more prosperous one. I think may actually take you up on your offer about the Japan program Emily. I don't think I can stand to hear more of this depression eating away at everything that is left. What happened to the America that I once knew as a little boy?

EDIT: I'm sure Sea Green doesn't stand for anything. But, seriously I wasn't joking when I wrote that sentence.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited May 2009
    Isn't blue text for clarification edits?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    Truly those daft plums at CN have completely lost it.
  • The area of thinning on the back of my head? There's an official bald spot, and the thinning is spreading.

What was it that someone suggested before? Fire it before it quits? That day may come soon.
  • How was today a fail? Let me count the ways:

1. My cellphone died.
    2. I got the first email from the head of staff for my volunteer department. My ex best friend's email address was also on the list.

Other things that are too small and numerous to mention here happened too, but yeah. Today's just been one big pile of fail.
  • Argh, forgot how to shave. Should invest in a styptic pencil.
  • Gmail is still not working on my laptop!
    How the hell is that possible? Just go with your browser to google.com and log yourself in.
    How the hell is that possible? Just go with your browser to google.com and log yourself in.
    I don't know! All yesterday it didn't work in Firefox, worked for a few minutes in Safari then stopped, but thankfully worked no problem on my iPod Touch. As of two minutes ago I get a screen saying: "WeÂ’re sorry, but your Google Mail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes."

Get a move on, google!