This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited April 2009
    I'm doing a drug report on Diazepam as a favor for someone, and the more I do, the more I worry about My Ex - despite the rough times we've had lately - and the more I want to slap about the moron quack who bloody well prescribed it to her. Seriously, He prescribed to a girl with BDD, anorexia, chronic depression, anxiety disorders, a tendancy to self-harm who is undergoing extreme stress at university a drug with Common Side effects that include Anterograde Amnesia and temporal recollection impairment, Depression, cognitive deficits including impairment of learning and severe effects to behavior and interpersonal relationships, and a severe risk of dependence and addiction, and an increased likelihood of suicidal ideolation, and in severe cases(with likelihood increasing from long-term use) of suicidal tendencies and acts - But prescribed this drug in direct conflict to it's Contraindications, interactions and special cautions, with, as best i can tell, little or no warning of any of these things.

Edit - I might add that the only time she has acted normally - as far as I have been able to tell, and considering that I've known her since 2005, and with no exaggeration spent nearly every minute of nearly every day with her for 12 months(I lived mostly on savings and my business during that time, with only three points where I chose to be gainfully employed and thus away from her for about 6 to 8 hours a day - and one of those jobs, she worked alongside me and at our request, we shared the same shifts), I'm somewhat well versed on the topic - in the last nine months was when she wasn't taking Diazepam for a period of a few weeks.
    However, she got back on the drug due to a combination of withdrawal/dependency and rebound syndrome, and returned to her behavioral pattern typical of the period when she was on the drug.

Seriously, I'm baffled how he made it through med-school with that level of stupidity and such irresponsible behavior - Shit, I'm surprised they didn't stitch his lips shut just to ensure that he couldn't sully the Hippocratic oath by swearing it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2009
    Post edited by Walker on
  • HOW! Really? How did do that!?
  • edited April 2009
    HOW! Really? How did do that!?
    He's so fat than when he takes a dump, he breaks the toilet.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • edited April 2009
    HOW! Really? How did do that!?
    I think someone dropped it one too many times. I wasn't actually around when the seat broke, so I wouldn't know. The fact that it's the cheapest toilet seat money can buy probably didn't help much.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I forgot that the measles vaccine is not 100% efficient.
    You have to put that in context. Did you miss a question on a test. look foolish in conversation or contract measles?
    You have to put that in context. Did you miss a question on a test. look foolish in conversation or contract measles?
    I missed one question on a test :S
  • Containment fail: first swine flu case spotted in Chicago.

I'm moving into the classic Athenian-style pandemic hedonism mode.

That's it, I'm buying a goddamn shotgun.
  • edited April 2009
    Containment fail: first swine flu case spotted in Chicago.

My physics teacher sent a girl home today because she was sick in class and had recently been to Mexico.
    Post edited by Sail on

My physics teacher sent a girl home today because she was sick in class and had recently been to Mexico.
    Enjoi ur AIDS swine flu.

If you survive, come to Lollapalooza. We can have a Pandemic Party.
  • If you survive, come to Lollapalooza. We can have a Pandemic Party.
    Sounds like a plan.
  • EVERYBODY PANI-...oh, nevermind.

Seriously, Caldera screwed this one up bigtime. Who authorizes a plane to fly around the old WTC are in NYC and tells all authorities to keep quiet about it?
  • And if you type in "Front Row Crew" you get the Lucky Star thread..
    That's a bigger fail.
    That's a bigger fail.
    It should totally have been the "Rym & Scott are Gay" thread...
  • edited April 2009
    Michelle Bachman: It's interesting how the last swine flu outbreak occur ed under a democratic president.

Aside from the craziness inherent in thinking that the president is responsible for a flu outbreak, does she not remember that it was Ford, not Carter who was president at the time? I mean, she was twenty years old when that happened. Is she too crazy to remember?

Double fail. One for conspiracy theory type craziness and one for not remembering history that YOU LIVED THROUGH.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Michelle Bachman: It's interesting how the last swine flu outbreak occur ed under a democratic president.
    I am at a loss of words for how this woman could have ever been elected or how she managed to get reelected. Sometimes I am not sure whether she actually beliefs the crap she says or if she is just an attention whore. She also recently claimed that CO2 accounts for 3% of the atmosphere (she's only off by a factor of 100) and that it can't be harmful because it's a "natural" substance.
  • edited April 2009
    I tried using creme wax at home for the first time. I've only worked with hard wax on my own before. When I opened it some came off in my hand (and my Great Grandmother's engagement ring that I wear on my right hand). It was then that I realized it didn't come with a solvent. When I waxed in the past it always came with a wax solvent, so I didn't know what home items I could use. I looked online and saw that nail polish remover would work as a solvent. I do not have any nail polish remover. Just as Mr. Mac Ross was about to pull himself away from his artwork on a quest for solvent, I found a website that recommended baby oil or cooking oil. It worked like a charm, but I still feel like a moron.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • They sold the 2nd vol. of The Plain Janes I saw. I really wanted to read it.
  • I learned about this.
  • 2 weeks till prom. No date. Still haven't studied for tomorrow's 25 question calc final (who the hell make a multiple choice final twenty five questions?).

Fail.
  • 2 weeks till prom. No date.
    That should be the least of your worries. It's 2 weeks from now? By then, Star Trek will be out and you can go see that instead. PROTIP: Give yourself a real treat and see it in IMAX. I don't understand the whole thing with prom. I didn't go last year (I'm a senior now); I didn't even think twice. This year is more of a complex story, but the SparkNotes version is that I didn't want to go and I'm not going.
  • 2 weeks till prom. No date.
    Fuck getting a date. If you have no one to ask that you don't already know you're going to have fun with, just don't. I made that mistake last year and it ruined my fun. You can go on a date anytime, and chances are you're going to have a lot more fun with your friends than some chick you barely know.
  • edited April 2009
    Note to self: When someone says that their homemade salsa "has some kick to it," it means that it will set your mouth on fire. Please remember this for future reference.

Much bigger fail: I'm starting to think that I may be the only sane person left. Someone here at my office was talking about why the swine flu is so dangerous. They said something about bird flu, normal(?) swine flu, and human flu combining into one flu that's killing people. I can't cough for fear of being doused in Lysol. 0.o
    Post edited by misakyra on
  • I failed at cooking myself diner today.

I had everything ready to make Parmesan chicken, except I didn't check the inventory. I had to walk to the store because my bike tire is flat, and when I got there, it was closed due to a national holiday. (I did have a backup plan, so don't worry).