This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I am going back to Walt Disney World at the end of the month because my mom has a conference at the Contemporary (this is not my fail, this is win) and after our trip in May, my mom expressed the fact that she did not want to go back to any of the parks. One day this week, I got very bored and planned what I was planning on doing for all four of days I could go to parks. After I did my planning, my mom decided that she wanted to do one park on the Sunday we arrive there. I had planned on doing the Magic Kingdom that day because it is open until 3 AM. My mom despises the Magic Kingdom, but loves the Hollywood Studios (formerly the Disney-MGM Studios). I agreed to switch the plans, thinking that there wouldn't be a problem. I found out today that they are not playing Fantasmic, one of my favourite shows on property, at the Studios that Sunday! Argle-bargle-bargle!
    The only way that I would be able to see Fantasmic would be to switch up my other days, which won't work. EPCOT cannot be done on a half-day, especially during the summer rush, and I only have three evenings to view nighttime entertainment, so I wouldn't do Animal Kingdom that day. Finally, we are buying tickets through the conference, and the tickets do not include Park Hoppers (at least the package is for four days and includes either a water park or DisneyQuest and is only 200 dollars). This bums me out.
    EDIT: Not that anyone really cares, but I resolved the issue. Yay me.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Did you not read just a few words more? That's exactly what I was saying...
    I wasn't arguing, I was agreeing with you. I guess that was redundant?
  • A coworker (and friend) is in the hospital, right now. We don't know why. It can't be too minor, because his mother called in for him.

It was about this time last year that he had an "episode" and had to be committed to a psych hospital for about a month.

Good times.
  • Did you not read just a few words more? That's exactly what I was saying...
    I wasn't arguing, I was agreeing with you. I guess that was redundant?
    From your (apparent) tone, and from the specific bits you quoted, it didn't seem like that. Anastius interpreted it the same way.

No worries, though.
  • Sorry *sweat*
  • The district found out my friend had swine flu and now there's a panic. Wtf.
  • edited June 2009
    I regularly listen to the BBC World Service Documentaries Podcasts which consistantly provides quality, engaging episodes. I listened to their episode entitled Anatomy of a Car Crash. It was excellently done and incredibly touching, but it caused flash backs to my own car crash and left me weeping while at work. I had to go cry in the ladies' room for a solid 15 minutes.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Weren't you a pedestrian when you got hit by that car? That must have been so scary.
  • Sorry *sweat*
    MAGIC OF THE INTERNET! \o/
  • It was about this time last year that he had an "episode" and had to be committed to a psych hospital for about a month.

Good times.
    Intense.
  • It was about this time last year that he had an "episode" and had to be committed to a psych hospital for about a month.

Good times.
    Intense.
    Just found out that his bachelor party next weekend has been canceled. This does not bode well.
  • I got on the wrong bus and ended up in Montgomery County. But I got on a Ride-ON to Bethesda so it was a minor fail.
  • Fail of the day is me driving out to the Pokemon tournament in Nashville and not being selected in the random draw.
  • Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declared winner of Iranian election with ~62% of the vote. Iranian people fail or Iranian government fail? That is, was the election rigged? Joe Biden says he has "doubts," but declines further comment.
  • Everything I've ever played or bought off the wall at Guitar Center has been in absolute shit condition. Today my parents let me pick out a new electric guitar as a graduation present. I fell in love with a nice white MIM Telecaster. The store was loud so I didn't notice till I got home, but the pickups are ridiculously noisy. I'm going back tomorrow to demand a new one right out of the box, and if they don't give it to me then I'll just order a pristine one for the exact same price off of Musician's Friend.
  • edited June 2009
    Everything I've ever played or bought off the wall at Guitar Center has been in absolute shit condition. Today my parents let me pick out a new electric guitar as a graduation present. I fell in love with a nice white MIM Telecaster. The store was loud so I didn't notice till I got home, but the pickups are ridiculously noisy. I'm going back tomorrow to demand a new one right out of the box, and if they don't give it to me then I'll just order a pristine one for the exact same price off of Musician's Friend.
    Related: My friend has just decided to repo his powder blue Fender Tele that I've been playing for 6 months, as his parents gave it to me because he never played it. He wants next year's roommate to teach him how to play. Now, I must buy a new guitar, because my hands don't fit my previous one. Fuck.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Everything I've ever played or bought off the wall at Guitar Center has been in absolute shit condition.
    Agreed, however there aren't many other options for trying out a guitar before you buy it, short of going to a mom-and-pop store. And most of those suck.
  • Everything I've ever played or bought off the wall at Guitar Center has been in absolute shit condition.
    Agreed, however there aren't many other options for trying out a guitar before you buy it, short of going to a mom-and-pop store. And most of those suck.
    So much truth. There's a guitar shop that's right down the street from me, but they only stock entry-level and high-tier guitars, nothing in between and hardly any bass stuff. Also, at least the people at guitar center usually know what they're talking about.
  • Then you go to a guitar center, try out the guitars, find the one you like and then buy it online or new out of the box.
  • I think I left the soy milk on the counter before I left for work.
  • I am on probation until I learn proper grammar and spelling.
  • Aww, mans. I never pegged you as a constant offender. You are quite intelligible.
  • I think it has to do with the abuse of the "," instead of ";" in a wall of text post I made, and possibly my use of i instead of I.
  • I am on probation until I learn proper grammar and spelling.
    I said "Wut" in 6 different languages (though one might've been Danish for "excuse me?") when I saw that banner, and then had to do a triple take before I was sure that you are MrRoboto. Seriously, I've never had that banner, why the heck did they pin it to you?
    edited June 2009
    Fuck double posting. I'll edit upon forum administrator request.

>a woman
    :< It'll suck.
    Post edited by ... on
  • [Kaiji Trailer]
    >a woman
    :< It'll suck.
    Isn't Kaiji by the same mangaka who penned Akagi? I'm not that familiar with either, but I remember someone (maybe Scrym, maybe Dave and Joel) saying that Akagi was almost painfully boring. Is Kaiji the same way?
  • Isn't Kaiji by the same mangaka who penned Akagi? I'm not that familiar with either, but I remember someone (maybe Scrym, maybe Dave and Joel) saying that Akagi was almost painfully boring. Is Kaiji the same way?
    Yes, Akagi and Kaiji were originally written and drawn by the same man. And yes, Scrym talked about Akagi, and yes, they disliked Akagi on watching the first episode. They are wrong. Very fucking wrong, on the internet. Akagi is awesome. More-RONRONRON awesome than Kaiji imho, but both deal with life or death gambling, and epic announcers. Watch it, by the time these shows get licensed we're all deceased.
  • I'll find a way around my ISP's hatred of the BT protocol to do so.
  • I'll find a way around my ISP's hatred of the BT protocol to do so.
    I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but Daryl Surat talked about Kaiji on AWO. Go listen to that episode if you haven't.
  • "Pro-Family" (code for anti-gay) group sends mole to gay prom, WingNutDaily becomes even stupider.