This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited November 2011
    @Erwin (Skip to 1m 58s)

Awww... timing doesn't work :(
    Post edited by Xiphias3 on
  • Fail of the day, not for me but for an entire country: We lost to Argentina 1-2. Laaaaame. And infuriating.
    Well, it is Argentina. It is not as if you lost to Ecuador :(

• Fail of the day, not for me but for an entire country: We lost to Argentina 1-2. Laaaaame. And infuriating.
    Well, it is Argentina. It is not as if you lost to Ecuador :(

I dunno... Ecuador's a tough cookie, especially since Reinaldo Rueda took over the team. I just hope we don't screw it and don't qualify for the World Cup we have a greater chance of being in. Not too optimistic, that I am.
  • There is an armed gunman on my campus.
  • I think my fail is that my first thought was, 21 foot rule.
    Wait, what?
    My friend used to keep his M4 in the trunk of his car, you know just in case.
    Wait, what?
    That was my initial reaction as well. Apparently he has some hostages, but I haven't been able to verify this.

• I need to get my concealed carry permit. >_>
    Wait, what?
    That was my initial reaction as well. Apparently he has some hostages, but I haven't been able to verify this.

Holy hell. Stay inside.

Wait, what?

We're home and watching the news, and the police are reporting that the rumors of hostages are fictitious. Stay safe.
  • They have given the All-Clear on the ECU situation. FYI.
    I saw, but I appreciate your concern all the same. Thank you, Nuri!
    I saw, but I appreciate your concern all the same. Thank you, Nuri!
    You know I went there for 2 years, right? I know people who live and work there.

• You know that shooter? Yeah, he didn't have a gun. He had an umbrella. I wish I was kidding.
  • edited November 2011
    You know that shooter? Yeah, he didn't have a gun. He had an umbrella. I wish I was kidding.
    SING US A SONG, YOU'RE THE UMBRELLA MAN! SING US A SONG TONIIIIGHT. CAUSE WE'RE ALL IN THE MOOD TO MISS CLASSES, AND YOU CAUSED A LOCKDOWN TONIGHT.

...I still think this is a perfectly legitimate reason for everyone to buy the most zany, obnoxious, colorful umbrellas FOR THE SECURITY OF OUR CAMPUS.

PS: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/374603_10150371631149930_655789929_8287137_186836721_n.jpg

EDIT ALSO:
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • Support your right to keep and bear umbrellas. Everybody, show us your Concealed carry brolly.
  • We had a "gunman" here at NMU last semester. It was just some asshole on 4chan that posted about it the night before and did nothing.
  • Update: I know the Gunbrella man. He was a friend of mine in freshman year.
  • edited November 2011
    You know that shooter? Yeah, he didn't have a gun. He had an umbrella. I wish I was kidding.
    STFU, imgur is down
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Open carry is legal in North Carolina, of both umbrellas and firearms.
  • When you outlaw umbrellas, only outlaws will have umbrellas.
  • edited November 2011
    Open carry is legal in North Carolina, of both umbrellas and firearms.
    Alright! Now I know where to go to check "Walk down city street with rifle slung over my back ala Dennis Hopper during his crazy years" off of my bucket list.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
    Does that law apply to college campuses? I know that New York State has different laws for college campuses.
    Does that law apply to college campuses? I know that New York State has different laws for college campuses.
    Usually there are no guns allowed in school zones and technically colleges aren't school zones in the eyes of the states.
  • Umbrellas don't kill people, people do.
  • Usually there are no guns allowed in school zones and technically colleges aren't school zones in the eyes of the states.
    RIT specifically banned weapons on campus and prohibited students from bringing or carrying them. If you had one, you had to check it into a particular campus office every time you arrived and retrieve it when you wanted to use it.

• A person from my campus got killed by being hit by a bus...which specifically takes students to the campus. JMU has really been going to hell lately.
    Usually there are no guns allowed in school zones and technically colleges aren't school zones in the eyes of the states.
    I believe there are also no guns allowed on government property, or some variation thereof. ECU is part of the UNC college system, just like UNC and NC State. Therefore the campus is government property. I'm pretty sure guns are not permitted, but I don't remember the specifics.

• Well, my grandfather's probably going to die. Been kind of expecting this, but my mom is so going to be stressed out and heartbroken because his safety has been her concern for 5 intense months.