This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Nah, I just don't find her face appealing. I'm not saying she looks bad, just saying I personally don't find her sexually attractive.
  • Obesity, hygiene issues, and smoking are the only real "dealbreakers" in terms of the physical properties of a partner.
  • Dude, you could really be with someone you don't find physically attractive? Don't bullshit me on this one. Everyone has different standards and attractions, and I'm not saying a girl has to be "hot" or whatever the bullshit popular standard of beauty is, but I think on some level you have to be physically attracted to the person you're with.
  • edited September 2012
    I think what Rym is saying is "he is a friend to all women"
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I think what Rym is saying is "he is a friend to all women"
    Just not fatties or smelly ones.
  • I think what Rym is saying is "he is a friend to all women"
    Just not fatties or smelly ones.
    Quoth the Warrior-Poet Omar Little: "A man's gotta have a code."
  • As do the females.
  • As do the females.
    Oh, indeed.

• Dude, you could really be with someone you don't find physically attractive? Don't bullshit me on this one. Everyone has different standards and attractions, and I'm not saying a girl has to be "hot" or whatever the bullshit popular standard of beauty is, but I think on some level you have to be physically attracted to the person you're with.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. Physical attractiveness is extremely important to a sexual relationship. But personality is equally important. That is a list of dealbreakers only, in the sense that no amount of personality could overcome them.

• Oh yeah, gotcha. Agreed.
  • Yeah, I have a high ability to grow physically and emotionally attracted to people over time, but I share Rym's deal-breakers, and probably have a few others.
  • Yea Personality trumps looks definitely (obviously as long as they don't deal-break)
  • Yeah, if you're a creepy guy or obnoxious guy with decent looks, you are ugly to me.

Hygiene is a must, especially when it comes to BO and breathe.
  • Can't go to Albany cause Evan is going to ride his motorcycle. Without another person I'm too broke to go this month. *shrugs* Maybe next month.
  • Whatever you guys, I look for someone who is both awesome in the brain and awesome in the body. Luckily I found Pete. You all should be so lucky.

(P.S. It also really really depends on what you are personally attracted to!)
  • Can't go to Albany cause Evan is going to ride his motorcycle. Without another person I'm too broke to go this month. *shrugs* Maybe next month.
    70% chance it will break down on the road.

• Whatever you guys, I look for someone who is both awesome in the brain and awesome in the body. Luckily I found Pete. You all should be so lucky
    Of course. Consider the girls I've dated/tried to date/currently date over the years: they're all adorable. ^_~

There are a few things that are dealbreakers, but that doesn't give anyone a free pass. ;^)

• Is there something wrong with me that I have to actually mentally make an effort not to be attracted to most women. It's a difficult life :-p
  • Is there something wrong with me that I have to actually mentally make an effort not to be attracted to most women. It's a difficult life :-p
    Depends, do you mean in a creepy stalker, I want to get to know you kind of way for most women, or more of an aww yeah, I'd hit that given ample opportunity and a clear conscience kind of a way?

I think the latter is pretty normal. Internet elitism and pickiness notwithstanding.

• I'd go with "aww yeah, I'd hit that if given ample opportunity and a clear conscience and not in great marriage and such :-p"
  • edited September 2012
    Forget just for dating, I have trouble hanging around ANYONE with poor personal hygiene. I mean, c'mon dude, why are you smelly, this shit's so basic.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Forget just for dating, I have trouble hanging around ANYONE with poor personal hygiene. I mean, c'mon dude, why are you smelly, this shit's so basic.
    My "be in the same room with you by choice" blacklist is in fact the same list.

• I'd go with "aww yeah, I'd hit that if given ample opportunity and a clear conscience and not in great marriage and such :-p"
    Even more normal. :P
    I am attracted to most humans in a similar way. :D

That's just biology, dude.

• Sometimes I see a girl and go "woo." Don't tell my girlfriend!
    Yeah, I'm attracted to most females. It seems to be the default setting for my brain.
    I bet she does the same thing when it comes to guys and possibly females.
    I bet she does the same thing when it comes to guys and possibly females.
    OH NO! D:
    Yeah, I'm attracted to most females. It seems to be the default setting for my brain.
    Yeah, walking down the quarter mile at RIT becomes a game of girl-watching. I can't help it. I just don't do anything creepy about it.