This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My stomach is killing me. What would you guys eat to soothe an upset stomach? Or at the very least not make it worse.
    I second the yogurt. Ginger is also good; crystalized or as tea.

And of course, bananas, rice, applesauce, & toast.

• Too many cookies. Sugar shock. Ugh.
  • Finally got around to upgrading/installing my self-built sump system for my saltwater aquarium, replacing the old crappy one I had.

Managed to put a hairline crack in one of the tanks while I was fitting a bulkhead in a cramped space. Now the thing has a slow leak and is emptying all over my living room at a glacial pace.

Researching underwater, marine-life safe epoxies right now... :-/
  • Malcolm was up at 4am and acting odd. We took him to an emergency clinic, and they said it is swelling around his spine. It can cause paralysis in dachshunds, and is a common issue. Fortunately, we seem to have caught it early enough that he can be treated with restricting his activity and medication. Just crossing our fingers and keeping an eye on the little maniac.
  • Oh no! Not Malcom! He's my favorite (sorry Zoey).
  • Just as the hurricane was arriving, apparently the old alarm system in my house, which I thought I had fully disconnected/disabled, started chirping from somewhere I can't find in the basement. It's probably a case of backup batteries dying, but I can't find where the chirping is coming from. It's nothing that's obviously nailed to a stud or joist or anything and I can't find any wires either. The sound also seems to bounce around the entire basement. Really strange...
  • Oh my god, there's real total-body withdrawal pain with cigs.

Oh wow. Wow wow wow.
  • I would recommend not doing anything that would cause the pain to be worse.

My fail of the day is arguing with Cremlian's dad on Facebook. Why do I even try? Why don't I just be really, really angry?
  • Well shit I'm stuck in a group with a man child that can't except criticism and is an absolute douche. In a module with people who are purposefully giving out shit grades on projects so that they look better. Who have taken a dislike to me because I call them on their bullshit. Well fuck this noise.
  • Update: A cigarette withdrawal craving is best described as the polar opposite of an orgasm. Just a short burst of the purest misery you can imagine.
  • I'm now on day 3 of stomach pain and discomfort. It hurts more when I hunch over and sometimes when I breath in fully. I think I'm gonna go to urgent care later this morning.
  • I'm now on day 3 of stomach pain and discomfort. It hurts more when I hunch over and sometimes when I breath in fully. I think I'm gonna go to urgent care later this morning.
    You might have acid reflux, I had the exact same symptom last year, it was kind of horrible :(

You might have acid reflux, I had the exact same symptom last year, it was kind of horrible :(
    Acid reflux, gastritis, a peptic ulcer, these are all possible things. I am very unhappy, and my regular physician's office is closed because of the storm.
  • Acid reflux, gastritis, a peptic ulcer, these are all possible things. I am very unhappy, and my regular physician's office is closed because of the storm.
    Well, there goes getting him this:
    You'd better still come up this weekend.

I'll come, but maybe not party. :(
  • But...who will make the Georgaritas? Not every man can dump Patron into a glass and call it a mixed drink!
    I hope you feel better soon!
  • I hate national conference calls. It amazes me that people don't know how to click on a simple link to join a Microsoft Live Meeting or how to mute a damn telephone.
    You can still party without putting stupid things like alcohol in your stomach. We are not frat boys who need alcohol to have fun.

• I dunno, alcohol usually makes the party funner.
  • I dunno, alcohol usually makes the party funner.
    Fixed it.

• It's not a party if you can remember it.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm now on day 3 of stomach pain and discomfort. It hurts more when I hunch over and sometimes when I breath in fully. I think I'm gonna go to urgent care later this morning.
    You can still party without putting stupid things like alcohol in your stomach. We are not frat boys who need alcohol to have fun.
    But if I have something like an ulcer then I can't eat anything interesting either.

EDIT: I'm just super frustrated right now. This seems to be related to my breathing and the way I sit or lay. It might not be GI at all. But nothing seems to fit in the box the doctors are looking in. And I keep getting stabbing pain every now then depending on how I lay or sit or breath so it's really fucking hard to take my mind of it.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Cigarettes require neither eating nor drinking. Mostly just smoking.
  • I'm just super frustrated right now. This seems to be related to my breathing and the way I sit or lay. It might not be GI at all. But nothing seems to fit in the box the doctors are looking in. And I keep getting stabbing pain every now then depending on how I lay or sit or breath so it's really fucking hard to take my mind of it.
    I know that feel. Hang in there.

I assume you have tried the basic antacid solutions.sometimes it takes awhile for the docs to come up with ideas, but eventually they will probably be able to do something for you (even if it is just to take care of some of the pain while they figure the rest out).

• I have a new plan. I'm gonna double down on fried food and beer tonight. If my pain stays the same then it's not my stomach. If it gets worse then it's my stomach.
  • Where exactly is the pain? Upper torso? Lower torso? What does it feel like exactly? I may have had something similar where doctors just didn't know what it was, and then it just went away after several months.
  • It's a pain the runs along my the bottom of my rib cage on my left side. If I take a really deep breath and the very end of said breath it becomes a sharp pain.
  • I had something similar it sounds like it could be in your ribs or something like that. Could you have pulled the mussels in your chest?
  • I had something similar it sounds like it could be in your ribs or something like that. Could you have pulled the mussels in your chest?
    That sounds delicious.